What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
/thread...
sadly i was at a pawn shop watching some dude sell his usa strat (can't remember whos sig) a couple amps and his stage equipment. he blamed gas prices

Sell old stuff you dont need for new stuff you dont need :yesway:
now there's an sso original idea!

*begins taking potato pics for craigslist buy/sell/trade ad...

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Picking this up in a few weeks.

684-C729-A-1690-4-B1-E-A545-023-F989-A7-CE2.jpg
[/url]

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Newish purchase is here. Anyone know what seymour duncans the early 90s Jackson Aldrich sign would have used?

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 7.20.36 PM.png

Edit: actually, just picked up Suhr DA HB on the cheap. Not sure if the Suhr was voiced around him having an LP or strat style, but this guitar weights a ton so probably not much point in trying debate what one makes sense.

Last edited:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Newish purchase is here. Anyone know what seymour duncans the early 90s Jackson Aldrich sign would have used?

View attachment 109781

Edit: actually, just picked up Suhr DA HB on the cheap. Not sure if the Suhr was voiced around him having an LP or strat style, but this guitar weights a ton so probably not much point in trying debate what one makes sense.

Lee would be the expert but I think these had Jackson pickups... the Suhr aldrich would be fine in the bridge I would thing though. IIRC he used it in the bridge of a strat on a bunch of the Dio stuff. Plus they're in the Suhr 80s Shred moderns and those sound great.

nedheftyfunk

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

You've probably already seen this, but in case not:

https://alienxnation.com/vintage-19...7/26/jackson-doug-aldrich-signature-da-guitar

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought an Uzi and Dark Flame on Amazon, since they were 15% and 10% off respectively. I was hoping they were going to release the other two Revv pedals as clones (and their numbering scheme seemed to indicate that might have been the case), though I'm not sure anymore if they are.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Of course, how could I not know the sensei's teaching?

Thats why people started calling me Johnny The Sensei of vintage 1980s guitars 先生.

But yea, this is about all I've been able to uncover. In the old catalogs and stuff it's listed as "Seymour Duncan Custom", but since that's half their models, I'm not sure what pickup it's actually referring to. Either way I guess the Suhr DA shouldn't be a bad fit.

gunch

Riff Chugman
Reaction score
I bought an Uzi and Dark Flame on Amazon, since they were 15% and 10% off respectively. I was hoping they were going to release the other two Revv pedals as clones (and their numbering scheme seemed to indicate that might have been the case), though I'm not sure anymore if they are.
Uzi is the BE-OD clone right

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Uzi is the BE-OD clone right
Believe so. The Dark Flame is either the G3 or G4. They had it as R-17, with the King of Kings as R-20. I was of the opinion at the time they left it like that so they could do the G2 and whichever one the Dark Flame isn't cloning. However they did some reverb as R-19 I believe, so they might not be anymore.

nedheftyfunk

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Of course, how could I not know the sensei's teaching?

Thats why people started calling me Johnny The Sensei of vintage 1980s guitars 先生.

But yea, this is about all I've been able to uncover. In the old catalogs and stuff it's listed as "Seymour Duncan Custom", but since that's half their models, I'm not sure what pickup it's actually referring to. Either way I guess the Suhr DA shouldn't be a bad fit.

Perhaps best to only avail of Jonhnny's guitar knowledge rather than sense of style.

I had assumed that it was a SH-5 (i.e. a Duncan Custom): https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/duncan-custom

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Received the Uzi and Dark Flame today. Love the Dark Flame and really like the Uzi. The only problem is I kind of want all three Revv G series pedals. Thanks, Joyo! Lol

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
Long story short, I always wanted a 1 rack unit stereo tube power amp, like the Mesa 20:20, but I got a 2 rack unit one because of price, a Mesa 2:fifty.

So, when Synergy launched and released the Syn50/50, my head started to turn around and thinking about it, but my shitty country doesn't have any store where I can test one (or anything besides the major brands)... and enter online shops... and they're in stock now!... buy one and return it if I don't like it, right?... then sell the Mesa... anyone here with direct experience on these Syn50/50 poweramps? are they worth it compared to the Mesa?