What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
It has an USB frontal port... guess for external programming with a computer...?
I know the old one you could and it can mix and route stuff in series parallel per patch etc. It's more like an automated mixer with routing of sorts than a switcher. This one has even more stuff it looks like. That pedalboard one is cool too. The reason they're different to is they don't use relays so you can get perfect and seemless crossfading of analog effects in realtime artifact free. Plus it's got the relays and exp pedal port. If it's expression pedal ports are like the Volcano it can become and send midi'cc's to the midi out port to control other stuff too. 16 I/o is a lot. especially when series and parelle routings are internal, form what I understand.

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, I ordered some tools today, so I guess I will be learning how to do this, lol.

I went a little overboard, but oh well. I have a lot of guitars, haha.
Well, I decided to do my Schecter CR-6 today. The fret rocker said it wasn't that bad, but I haven't been happy with it for a long time.

Between the fret leveling, the slotted straight edge telling me I didn't have near as much relief as I thought I did, and changing it from B tuning to C# tuning, this is the best this guitar has ever sounded and played. :) It is like a whole new guitar.

Not perfect by any means. I would like the frets to be more shiny, so I probably need to order some very high grit sandpaper or micro mesh. It is way better now though.

I will probably do my Schecter Hellraiser tomorrow. See how that goes before doing the other 7 or 8 guitars, lol.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I decided to do my Schecter CR-6 today. The fret rocker said it wasn't that bad, but I haven't been happy with it for a long time.

Between the fret leveling, the slotted straight edge telling me I didn't have near as much relief as I thought I did, and changing it from B tuning to C# tuning, this is the best this guitar has ever sounded and played. :) It is like a whole new guitar.

Not perfect by any means. I would like the frets to be more shiny, so I probably need to order some very high grit sandpaper or micro mesh. It is way better now though.

I will probably do my Schecter Hellraiser tomorrow. See how that goes before doing the other 7 or 8 guitars, lol.

Awesome! I've got all my stuff but was traveling this weekend and with the way work is currently probably won't get to work on anything until next weekend.

Jinn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
ESP E-II TB-7. Snow White. Get some 12-80 in there and put it in Northlanes F tuning. Take it to Harrons Guitars and get some Stainless Frets in there with an evertune and Bkp Impulse Neck and Ceramic Blackhawk Bridge.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Managed to find a decent eu supplier for the cioks extras I needed. They also had the psu adaptor to connect to a Furman so I can rack it without needed more unnecessary cables.

With Father's Day (uk) coming up I suppose I might ask for a vouchers and finally splurge on that shure wireless :lol:

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I have done 4 guitars now. One per night, lol. All of them play much better, and actually sound better, which surprised me. Could be because I haven't changed strings in awhile, lol. I got up to 3000 grit sandpaper so they get pretty shiny.

My 2 Wolfgangs I was able to drop the trem to the body, which I have never been able to do. I was nervous on one of them because it felt like I was sanding forever. I was worried I was removing too much metal. Its probably not as bad as I think, but I still wonder if I removed too much. I didn't change the sandpaper before this one, so that could be one explanation also. My other Wolfgang barely took any leveling.

Not sure how many more I will do. I have 4 or 5 I could do. Probably 1 or 2 that I think would benefit the most. I will probably wait a few weeks ago after doing it every night this week.

gabito

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Try something new, get the Peavey.

Well... as per @MaxOfMetal's suggestion I ended up buying this thing. It arrived just a few hours ago, but I'm liking it.

It's a light guitar, and the body is way smaller than I thought it would be (I like that), I mean smaller than an Ibanez RG's. The neck is fat-ish, kinda Fender strat like. I don't mind that, I had / have guitars like that, but I tend to prefer Ibanez-type necks.

I don't know what year it was built - and it seems Peavey's serial numbers are pretty unreliable (more like totally useless)- but it's in very good condition. Almost pristine I'd say (I suspect the previous owner is more a collector than a player).

Anyway, pretty nice guitar overall, I like it. It'll take a few days until I set it up to my liking and get used to it.

Attachments

• wolfgang.jpeg
    wolfgang.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 15

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well... as per @MaxOfMetal's suggestion I ended up buying this thing. It arrived just a few hours ago, but I'm liking it.

It's a light guitar, and the body is way smaller than I thought it would be (I like that), I mean smaller than an Ibanez RG's. The neck is fat-ish, kinda Fender strat like. I don't mind that, I had / have guitars like that, but I tend to prefer Ibanez-type necks.

I don't know what year it was built - and it seems Peavey's serial numbers are pretty unreliable (more like totally useless)- but it's in very good condition. Almost pristine I'd say (I suspect the previous owner is more a collector than a player).

Anyway, pretty nice guitar overall, I like it. It'll take a few days until I set it up to my liking and get used to it.
I find Wolfgangs are kinda funky feeling when you are used to other guitars. The bridge is further in the body, so it shifts the whole feel to the right more than normal. The neck is assymmetrical, so it is fatter at the top than the bottom. However, once you get used to them, they feel amazing, and like nothing else out there.

Guitarjon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
oooh sick dude. I've been wanting one of those for a while

Got it today! All functioning luckily! Usually UPS is pretty good here with shipping anyway, but I've had one or two occasions where I had to send an amp back because of a defect (Orange OR15 and PRS MT15 come to mind).

I had a little play with it and I really enjoyed how it sounds! Clean channel is fine, not amazing but I like how it does have some breakup on tap. A little sterile though. Blue channel is great obviously, especially with the gain cranked. And the red channel oozes gain haha. Similar to my EL34 I guess. I will make a review of this one first and do a comparison later on.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
The guitar board is finally updated to it's latest iteration.

Ideally I want to add the ricochet to replace the whammy and a wireless.

Not the most tidy wiring job ever, but well above my usual efforts :lol:

Attachments

• 20220528_185335.jpg
    20220528_185335.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20220528_185350.jpg
    20220528_185350.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Torpedo Captor X. My old attenuator bit the dust and this comes in nice with IR, Mobile app control, and all that modern stuff that would make the wife so happy (be able to play with headphones).

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Struggling with the build or buy conundrum. I have 99% of the tools to build a new cab and a new Rhoads, but I’m not sure that I don’t want to go the easy route and just buy an LTD EX black metal, and a Peavey 412ms or some such to throw some speakers in.

I’m leaning heavily towards building the cab at least because I have some designs I want to try. The Rhoads is more difficult to decide because on one hand I don’t like the LTD headstock volute because I fret Em with my pinky and ring finger, but on the other hand I wouldn’t have to wait weeks to finish assembling the guitar.

jarledge

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought a JCM 2000 TSL 60 yesterday for 250 euro. I use to rag on Marshall pretty hard because their amps weren't very reliable. The 2000 was plagued with issues. Come to find out, the TSL 60 was not affected by the thermal bias drift like the 100 watt version. I dug up an old post from 2013 (my tsl was made in 2002) and marshall confirmed that only the 100s had the issue. So I took a chance on the amp. What really sold me in to looking hard at it was these two videos.

The amp does exactly like these videos says it does. I have a BBE G Screamer (Gus G.'s sig OD) and put in front and fuck me does it sound fantastic. The amp is in amazing condition given how old it is. There was no noise on the cleans, and on the gain channels it is pretty quite. I went ahead and pulled it apart to take a look at everything and it was really really clean on the inside. the caps look new and there are any signs of excess heat.
So if you are in the market for an amp that does 5150/6505 things or jcm 800 things but has surprisingly good clean give the old TSL 60s a look. They can be found amazingly cheap but aren't as subject to the problems of the other 2000 DSL and TSL 100 models.