What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Reaction score
So I just bought all the shit needed to mod the newest guitar. Currently waiting on GC to get back to me on the custom Seymour Duncans I want. They acted like it's the first time anyone's ever asked. I'm a little afraid

Valdra

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Picked up a Carvin Quad Preamp off Reverb last week, just came in today after a couple days of trying to beat the UPS guy to my house to sign for it. Needs some Deoxit in some of the potentiometers to get rid of the scratching but that's what I expect when I buy an old amp / preamp.

Sounds pretty sick! The clean channel is VERY clean and sparkly, maybe even Jangly with my telecaster with lipsticks.

The 2nd clean channel is a little more warm, slight breakup.

3rd channel is like a pushed, chunky overdrive on the heavier side. I need to mess with this one more.

4th channel is my favorite. Smooth hi-gain, not at all fizzy or hairy through my EVH 412.

Another good addition to the rack pre-amp collection.

Capture.PNG

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
This is neat. First Kirinite pick. Chirps slightly less than my Gravity picks it seems, which slightly surprised me.

I dig.

Attachments

• E95894F4-F582-4E6D-BE56-6ABF84964CC4.jpeg
    E95894F4-F582-4E6D-BE56-6ABF84964CC4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
Picked up a Carvin Quad Preamp off Reverb last week, just came in today after a couple days of trying to beat the UPS guy to my house to sign for it. Needs some Deoxit in some of the potentiometers to get rid of the scratching but that's what I expect when I buy an old amp / preamp.

Sounds pretty sick! The clean channel is VERY clean and sparkly, maybe even Jangly with my telecaster with lipsticks.

The 2nd clean channel is a little more warm, slight breakup.

3rd channel is like a pushed, chunky overdrive on the heavier side. I need to mess with this one more.

4th channel is my favorite. Smooth hi-gain, not at all fizzy or hairy through my EVH 412.

Another good addition to the rack pre-amp collection.

View attachment 107993

I think Leon Todd has a video on that thing... I might be mistaken... may that serves you well!.

Choop

n______n
Reaction score
I have never liked the Fishman Fluence Modern pickups much and had been down on them in the past...but I think I'm seriously going to pick up a set of Fluence Classics. :D They seem closer to other passive pickup designs that I already love.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have never liked the Fishman Fluence Modern pickups much and had been down on them in the past...but I think I'm seriously going to pick up a set of Fluence Classics. :D They seem closer to other passive pickup designs that I already love.
I had both and the Classics are definitely a different feel and sound.

cmpxchg

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I keep debating replacing the Moderns with something, but I'm waiting to see what the supposed new design is before I buy something (either Classics or Javiers).

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Buy from someone else?

Probably gonna have to consign the R8. LPC remains out of reach.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
My honeyburst epi les paul gets here Monday and unless I am blown away by the pups (not likely) my next purchase will be yet another brushed chrome hetset.
Even Vegas has guys whose job it is to see that you have a problem at the slots or table and cut you off. I blame EMG. Where’s their guy to cut me off and say “sir I think you’ve had enough. Take this card. There’s a phone number with counseling and debt services”

Reaction score
Buy from someone else?

Probably gonna have to consign the R8. LPC remains out of reach.
That's from Seymour Duncan..so it's gonna be in that ballpark no matter where I go. I want them so, fuck it. It'll just have to do.
And we need to start a LPC4Budda fund.
Which also reminds me. I went to Guitar Center today because I'm a glutton for stupid employee punishment. While I was there I played some guitars. Gibson LPC, ESP Eclipse, Hagstrom Fantomen, and an Epi Modern LP.
As much as I like how the LPC looks, I didn't like the neck. I just wasn't much of a fan. It didn't feel how I wanted it to. The surprise? The ESP felt great. It almost felt more comfortable than my MLs...almost.
That Hagstrom looked rather nice though. It was in a little roughed up condition but it was interesting. Anyways long story short (too later), the LPC wasn't as glorious as I wanted it to be

sonofabias

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
im always planning my next purchase :lol:

after picking up a white rg8, im now on the hunt for a decent little amp for it & some pups. also wanting to pick up a mustaine "angel of deth" v too. ive not played one yet but i have his jackson sig model & love it.

what are you saving your cash for? what do you plan on getting in the next few weeks/months? guitars, amps, gear...discuss!
Jackson SL7 Jeff Loomis should arrive in about two weeks ‘