What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Crash Dandicoot

» Supra-ise!
Reaction score
@HeHasTheJazzHands Superior high gain intonation and toooooone

Yeah, it's pretty aggravating. Impressively I ran it at 100w for 3 hours or so of playtime before main fuses started popping like popcorn. The tech I took it to and Jason at Headfirst are both hopeful it'll be a (all things considered) simple fix. Looking forward to discussing the repair bill with UPS 😑

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I guess I just bought an Ibanez CP-830
So this turned up and was incredibly good looking. Only problem was it doesn't work, so it's on its way back to be repaired or replaced.

279430688_2442336472563472_2022667622298380157_n.jpg

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m getting my LTDs since moving, and thinking of getting two EXGs and two SPCs as I’ve fallen in love with them in my Stratocasters. I will likely need some way of getting these two guitars similar in output to my other guitars. If I get them, I’d have to place one of the knobs on the control cavity plate. Another option is to get a volume pedal and then both controls go on the front. Still trying to determine how to go about this exactly.

Maybe I’ll have a Tube Screamer type pedal on the board just for those two guitars.

Crash Dandicoot

» Supra-ise!
Reaction score
How does that happen? Did they drive a forklift through it?

I can only imagine how little fucks were given by the UPS staff handling this. Being about 55 lbs. overall they would've had to have dropped it on its side from >10 ft. to cause that kind of consistent bend across all 3 transformers.

I got her back today and after straightening out the transformers as best as possible and replacing the faulty (see: damaged by UPS) power tube that was causing the main fuse issues, so far it seems alright. Without removing the board to check every connection to the transformers it's tough to say if there wasn't anything else dislodged or severed internally. Playing it by ear, so to speak.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can only imagine how little fucks were given by the UPS staff handling this. Being about 55 lbs. overall they would've had to have dropped it on its side from >10 ft. to cause that kind of consistent bend across all 3 transformers.

I got her back today and after straightening out the transformers as best as possible and replacing the faulty (see: damaged by UPS) power tube that was causing the main fuse issues, so far it seems alright. Without removing the board to check every connection to the transformers it's tough to say if there wasn't anything else dislodged or severed internally. Playing it by ear, so to speak.

It's not the drop it's the size of the transformers vs mounting hardware. Something that large needs reinforced mounts or it will bend like that if you look at it wrong. Also not really something you need to worry about if you're not touring with the amp or shipping it a lot.

That said glad it's still working after bending things back.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Cioks DC7 for my QC board. I also want a noise gate but am unsure whether to go zuul plus, Revv G8 or KMA Pylon.

Also whammy dt or riccochet.

I also want the Shure glx wireless but need to convince myself I need it.

aWoodenShip

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cioks DC7 for my QC board. I also want a noise gate but am unsure whether to go zuul plus, Revv G8 or KMA Pylon.

Also whammy dt or riccochet.

I also want the Shure glx wireless but need to convince myself I need it.
Would be curious what you go with between the Zuul+ and the Pylon. I'm also trying to pick a noise gate.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Would be curious what you go with between the Zuul+ and the Pylon. I'm also trying to pick a noise gate.

My issue is that there seems to be complaints about both so I feel like I'm choosing based on that. The G8 doesn't seem to have any glaring issues. Then again they all seem to work great in the demos on youtube. The Pylon is also quite a bit cheaper than a Zuul plus (around 70 pounds less).

KnightBrolaire

OnlyPointies™
Reaction score
an HVLP gun and a decent compressor. I'm fucking sick of trying to find workarounds instead of just using one. Then I can actually do the stupid paint/sparkle ideas I have more easily

gabito

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Try something new, get the Peavey.

What's your opinion about these guitars' bridges? I mean, quality-wise.

I found some old threads mentioning the Ibanez ZR and its derivatives being not so good (cheap metal, broken studs, broken nuts, and so on and so on). These are used, kind of old guitars, but I think in any case it could be easier to replace or fix a Floyd Rose-ish bridge than an Ibanez ZR. I own a few RGs with Edge Zero and Edge Zero II bridges, no problems with those though.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
an HVLP gun and a decent compressor. I'm fucking sick of trying to find workarounds instead of just using one. Then I can actually do the stupid paint/sparkle ideas I have more easily
I'd still like to get one of those Empresses, but I probably have enough compressors at the minute.