What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

FunkyMunky71

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve just concluded a junior gig rig that won’t break the back even if it did break the bank!
Victory V30 Head
Zilla Vertical Fatboy in Slime green with a V30 and Alnico Creamback
Pedaltrain Metro Max featuring:
1 Spot CS6 power supply
Cry Baby Junior
Walrus Deep Six
Tumnus Delux
ISP Decimator
Strymon Mobius
TC Flashback 2x4
MXR M300 reverb
TC Spark Mini
Now I just need to play the damn stuff rather than endless research on YouTube 🤣

FunkyMunky71

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve just concluded a junior gig rig that won’t break the back even if it did break the bank!
Victory V30 Head
Zilla Vertical Fatboy in Slime green with a V30 and Alnico Creamback
Pedaltrain Metro Max featuring:
1 Spot CS6 power supply
Cry Baby Junior
Walrus Deep Six
Tumnus Delux
ISP Decimator
Strymon Mobius
TC Flashback 2x4
MXR M300 reverb
TC Spark Mini
Now I just need to play the damn stuff rather than endless research on YouTube 🤣
Looking at that lit I’ve just realised how much it all cost😱😱😱

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
@youngthrasher9 I was respectful to you, no need to laugh at me because you got caught being a reactionarist.

MDF is a low quality material, it is inferior in 99% of the applications it is used.

Perhaps you will enjoy being on ignore. I will enjoy not seeing you tell people to "STFU", at any rate.
This is mostly false. I manage a nearly $20mill a year Cabinet company and we have used MDF for the cabinet box for more than 30 years. Some people like plywood for the weight benefits when installing but besides that, MDF cores are every bit as good for this purpose.

broangiel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There's a JP15-7 listed locally. It's an OK price. Might submit an offer to see if can get a great price.

trickae

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That’s a tough call, personally since I already have an arrow I would be stuck between the Pia or the Padalka. Those Padalka’s are works of functional art.
Nice! How does the Arrow play? How does it compare to other V's and were you happy with your purchase?

Yeah the Padalka's a work of art and I'd be afraid to play it, but most probably will. I reached out to them and have put forward my order, it'll be 2 years until Simon gets to me thought.

Dumple Stilzkin

I like the girls with the pumps and a bump.
Reaction score
Nice! How does the Arrow play? How does it compare to other V's and were you happy with your purchase?

Yeah the Padalka's a work of art and I'd be afraid to play it, but most probably will. I reached out to them and have put forward my order, it'll be 2 years until Simon gets to me thought.
My arrow is a 2021 model, LTD 1000 the satin red boy. So it has stainless steel frets which is a huge plus. I really dig it, it reminds me an awful lot of my Japanese pro series Jackson Rhoads and my USA model I owned long ago. Nice neck, excellent fretwork, neck thru metal machine. It rests in a way similar to the Rhoads when sitting down. I think the 1000 series LTD’s are great, I play it just as much as my Kiso shop ESP Horizon.

MrWulf

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got a used KM7 mk3 Artist in crimson burst coming in tomorrow. I'm gonna swap the pickup with the Black Winter 7 i had and then i'm selling the Banshee Elite 7 (which is where the BW7 came from) to offset it. Got an unbeatable deal on the KM7 so i couldnt pass it up lol

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score

Need to remind myself to grab a few of these for my main RGs.

Ordered 3. 2 for the RGs I'm using the most, and one for the fretless RG. Decided to make the fretless a priority after a recent restring gave me more trouble than usual.

trickae

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My arrow is a 2021 model, LTD 1000 the satin red boy. So it has stainless steel frets which is a huge plus. I really dig it, it reminds me an awful lot of my Japanese pro series Jackson Rhoads and my USA model I owned long ago. Nice neck, excellent fretwork, neck thru metal machine. It rests in a way similar to the Rhoads when sitting down. I think the 1000 series LTD’s are great, I play it just as much as my Kiso shop ESP Horizon.
That's awesome. I'll need to check it out.

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
I picked up an AZ2204 after falling in love with my AZS2200. Ibanez knocked it out of the park with those lines. I didn’t particularly care for the SD Hyperion bridge but I had a covered Suhr Aldrich sitting around. I paid less than $1000 each for my AZ’s. I have no idea why their value is so low on the local marketplace but I’m going to keep buying them until people start catching on.

Bearitone

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@youngthrasher9 @Bearitone Supreme 160 was the first to show up. This thing is very impressive so far, took me a bit to dial in the tone. But damn, she thick. Reminds me of a solid state 5150II if I had to compare it to anything.
Heeellll yeah. This makes me happy to hear. Peavey has always had the some of the best solid state tones imo

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I put my spare parts from recent purchases together and was surprised to actually like it...

277320890_4536144533153207_148825044800265271_n.jpg

277047084_939300170099526_2887584281269992644_n.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That is not terrible... I'd go with the new looking pearloid guard since nothing else shows much wear :2c:

Yea, it makes sense. But that guard is one of those 80s schecter ones with the f500 pickups, so it's solid brass. I think it could be processed to be basically new, though I don't know where to begin on that. Not entirely sure it's worth the effort but just one of those random cool things I saw pop up at auction.