What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Fender Player Strat (White)
    Squier Classic Vibe 70s Strat (Black)
    EMG DG20 (white pearl, white or ivory pickups/knobs; probably buying a black pearl pickguard)
    EMG Custom Shop SLV loaded pickguard (tortoiseshell, ivory; bought SPC and EXG)

Probably going to swap out an SLV or two and put them into the DG20. I'll put an SLV in both bridge positions, SA in the middle position on both, and one will have an SA while the other has an SLV in the neck.

c7spheres likes this.
  2. Trashgreen

Trashgreen SS.org Regular

Synergy Deliverance module; Sound sits in the same territory as the Pittbull module but with different tweaking possibilities and maybe a little bit less gain. Takes pedals quite well and sounds absolutely great!

[​IMG]

Got an extra hand but it was broken upon arrival..

[​IMG]

After some super glue:

[​IMG]

Who ever invented the Ikea Billy hack knew exactly what they where doing. For my wall re-contruction it's a perfect fit for amp heads:

[​IMG]

This one also arrived..

[​IMG]

Ribboz, StevenC, USMarine75 and 2 others like this.
  3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Hopefully found a decent replacement for that Alexander chorus. Waiting for the refund to go through before I get it

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  4. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

Just bought NeuralDSP Gojira - had to take advantage of that 50% off promo!

5. Bacilus

Bacilus SS.org Regular

After reading the 568 pages I´ll buy a glasses...

Sorry for the joke, I´m in love with this beauty, reverse headstock, crazy body, gorgeus neck, It´s affordable and changing the pickups could be a weapon of mass destruction

...and maybe comes with a David Davidson´s skills...

jackson warrior.jpg

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

Nevermind, honestly spent some time with my crappy Hotone Binary and I got a good sound with the Arion chorus emulation. Sucks the rest of the pedal is pretty meh. The phaser, detune, and Arion chorus are great, but the rest of the chorus pedals and the flangers suck.

...My experience with the Echo Park makes me want to try a Strymon El Capistan because of how much I love it's tape emulation.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  7. SonicBlur

SonicBlur SS.org Regular

This stud muffin should be at my door on my birthday (4/20) all the way from the UK to Chicago. I can't wait. My first ESP.
    ESP Horizon Standard 2003.jpg

8. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

just bought a boss rc 300 looper

9. odibrom

odibrom .

... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
    Do reinforce those shelves. The billy's are quite weak and I'm sure you don't want any disaster with those big irons, right? You must reinforce the joints with the sides as well as the shelves themselves with stringers/longerons (?)... get to your nearest hardware store and get to work before something bad happens. I know it's an image deformation, but I can see those shelves flexing already due to the heads' weight.

Spaced Out Ace and Trashgreen like this.
  10. Trashgreen

Trashgreen SS.org Regular

Thanks for the head up advise! However I did look up the specs for these shelves and they are rated for 30 kg. The Archetype is 22,4 kg, Coreblade is 18,5 kg and the Nullifier clocks in at 23,6 kgs so it should be fine. I have one in the living room carrying books as well for two years now and it look just fine. Been using Billys for many years now and yes the shelves can bend over time. But I will be monitoring for sure, no worry!

odibrom likes this.
  11. Ribboz

Ribboz Enjoy

Purchased my first 412 yesterday. It's being built by Mather Amp Cabinet. Super excited.

Millul, Mourguitars, Werecow and 2 others like this.
  12. Spaced Out Ace

What kind of cabinet is it? Is it based on a Marshall cab or something else?

13. HeHasTheJazzHands

After thinking about it... Getting another J5 Squier. Gonna find a Black and chrome to match my goldie.

14. Ribboz

Ribboz Enjoy

Yeah, going for that older Uberkab/Friendman 412 look. Black tolex, black grill cloth, thick white piping. I always liked the look of older bogner cabs, but thought the thick white piping would pop more.

15. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson SS.org Regular

Nothing impressive, but a fun purchase/project for me.

I've had these little 1x10 cabs since 1990. Came with a cheap Peavey VSS 20 mini stack (my first "real" amp). The speakers have always been crappy unbranded garbage, but the cabs are nice and solid.

Just for kicks (and partly sentimentality) I had an idea to make them more usable.

Put an Eminence Legend in one and have a Creamback on the way for the other, and parallel jack plates to install so I can daisy chain. Considering changing the grill cloth too. And brushing 30 years of gunk out of the tolex.

vss20 cab.PNG

16. odibrom

odibrom .

... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
    I had to reinforce a Billy book-shelf some years ago with stringers and corner/angle joint plates (? sorry, don't know its technical name), the whole deal. Shelves are rock solid now but they were way over bent. My suggestion is to monitor them regularly... although you checked their weight rating, I wouldn't bet on it...

Trashgreen and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  17. Spaced Out Ace

The weight rating is likely more so "we placed X kg / lbs on it, and it was able to withstand it for a minute or two. We placed > X kg / lbs on it, and it failed within a minute or two." I doubt they monitored how long as certain weight affected the shelf over a particularly long period of time.

odibrom likes this.
  18. HeHasTheJazzHands

Bringing this up again since I brought it up awhile back... You know, after using the Carbon Copy Deluxe for a day... I CAN see the complaints with the mix knob.... for cleans. If you're like me and also like to use it for dirt, it's perfect because it does indeed help in front of a distorted amp like Brian Kehoe said. My main complaint is the regen knob. It seems like the CCD has less repeats than the standard CC. Kind of a bummer there.

19. Mourguitars

Mourguitars SS.org Regular

A new guitar day is always nice !

For me , other than a few whatnots ie cables...my next big purchase will be parts to build a Amp...

Most likely around June or mid summer ...let the companies get back to some sort of new normal , shipping starting to flow again, im being hopeful !...i hate wanting to build something and parts are B/O or paying $10 shipping on a .63 cent part

Mike

20. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

I've offers, and hopefully deals pending on a Jackson and on an ESP...let's see how these go!

Kyle Jordan and Spaced Out Ace like this.