What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. MFB

MFB Banned

Holy shit, the Zombie XL was in stock immediately - it wasn't expected to be delivered until the 20th or so. Now it's expected to come in on Monday, WTF :lol: Glad I put the order now instead of when they were expected to restock.

2. Mourguitars

Mourguitars SS.org Regular

I log on and look to see what you bought today Jazzy !...lol

You buy cool stuff !

I bought a pair of 3' right angle cables for my rack...late last night, so with those my rack will be finished

FedX changed my delivery of the Patchmate8 Floor till Tuesday , so looks like ill have the weekend to do some over due playing !

Mike

Mike

3. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

I have an unexpected NGD tomorrow and then something needs to go :lol:

Millul, USMarine75 and steinmetzify like this.
  4. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I just grabbed one, too. If I tell myself that I'm "collecting" the Bantamps, that will justify me buying more.

steinmetzify likes this.
  5. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

I really like my CC Deluxe :metal: definitely my favorite-sounding analog delay I've owned, plus it has a lot of extra functionality with the tap switch and expression jack

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Yeah I've been buying shit like crazy. Stimulus + tax refund + ditching a lot of gear I don't use anymore. :lol:

The tap tempo and 1.2second delay time were the selling points. I do a lot of the dotted 8th stuff like Edge, Wes Borland, Nuno, etc, so the tap tempo helps a lot. Also I KNOW this pedal does the crazy out-of-control oscillation shit, so that helps too. :lol: Oh and full control of the modulation on the front pedal. I almost always have some slight modulation with my delays. The Echo Park pretty much nails all of that... if it wasnt for the noisiness.

7. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

CC Deluxe? I prefer CC Deville.

c7spheres likes this.
  8. MFB

MFB Banned

What others do you have? Like I said, I was looking at the Jackman but it wasnt enough to get me to pull the trigger, and the VIVO/Meteor clips I've heard haven't sounded nearly as good compared to those two/their original amps. Fireballs don't do anything for me so I haven't even bothered with the Firebrand.

9. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

If you're not against rack units look into the Echo Pro. It's really good quality and none of that noise. It's far above and beyond the DL4 too in terms of sound quality and features. Pretty expensive nowadays. I used it after a preamp. - I never tried an Echo Park though, but be aware if you ever look at DL4's they have an issue in reverse mode where if the input level is to higher or peaks to long it will snap you right outta reverse mode and into a normal delay mode automatically.

10. Spicypickles

Spicypickles Sweeps & Mops

Finally picked up an alt8 and jazz neck in reverse zebra for my singlecut trem. Not quite the gold poled custom ones I wanted but Duncan is behind on orders so these being under “shop floor custom” designation pushed out the date.

I was planing on a mismatched gold/chrome scheme for this guit but if I like them enough I’ll throw em into my ec400at and eventually complete that singlecut project. I don’t know shit about alt8’s other than they don’t sound like anything else to my ears (very limited clips and info) but they sound like exactly what I want on paper. If anyone knows anything feel free to chime in.

11. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

I don’t have a ton of info on the alt8 but I used one happily in my PRS CU24 for around 3 years before altering it to work in my multiscale Padalka (hybrid of Fokin baseplate/pole pieces, and Alt 8 bobbins/windings). And that sounded great. I ordered some Elysians eventually, but the Alt 8 itself sounded awesome in both guitars. I might toss it into my Kiesel AM6 next.

Spicypickles likes this.
  12. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I have the Bluebird (Blues Jr.), Atomic (AC30), and the Jackman XL. Bluebird is a good clean up to light OD; Bright switch does little. Atomic is actually my favorite- it does the "Vox thing" really well and the top boost mode is great for riding between clean & dirty on pick dynamics. Jackman was the disappointment. The clean channel is good for cranking the gain for an overdrive sound, but the drive channel is woofy as hell and needs a trebly boost or EQ to be useable.

13. Spicypickles

From what I read and can hear, it seems like a very full spectrum pup, with some smooth high end. Not too icepicky up top. That’s what I’m hoping for

14. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Yeah that’s accurate. There is no giant midrange hump and the top end is present but not harsh at all. Really nice semi neutral tone, and the magnet seems to be somewhere in between ceramic and A5, which is really cool.

Spicypickles likes this.
  15. AdenM

AdenM Illuminaughty

I had an Alt 8 in my SE Custom 24 that I had for years. One of my all time favorite pickups - aggressive like a ceramic without the harsh top end, plenty of lows and mids without being boomy. Very slept on pickup IMO.

Spicypickles and c7spheres like this.
  16. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

The Custom 8, JB8, and Distortion 8 might also be worth checking out.

DudeManBrother likes this.
  17. Spicypickles

Meh I’m not into the whole replacing magnets thing. I can barely wire them in as it is.

18. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

Not sure it counts, but - most probably one of the NeuralDSP plugin suites, as they are 50% off for a few days.

19. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Well I found a 2nd hand L6 Tonecore dock. Kinda wondering if using a newer dock would fix some of my issues.

20. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

is it cheap enough to fuck around and find out?