What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

But an H9000 is like a "no more gear this decade" purchase. And I don't want to hear about those being more-or-less equivalent at this point in time.

StevenC likes this.
  2. pearl_07

pearl_07 SS.org Regular

Caved in and bought an Earthquaker Devices Palisades overdrive. I'm overwhelmed, but this thing is impressive so far. Just need to clear a couple acres on my board to fit it on there now:rolleyes:

The906 likes this.
  3. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

ive bought and sold the same exact guitar 3 times lol

4. USMarine75

USMarine75 Stairway to Heaven blows Contributor

:sephi: The D&M is one of my fav two-in-one pedals.

Jacksonluvr636 and StevenC like this.
  5. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I picked up an old Rocktron Intellifex. I wish I bought one of these years ago. Sounds excellent, especially for what they go for these days. Instantly all the sounds I have been hearing on albums for years.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  6. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

welcome to the club...

Shask likes this.
  7. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Special needs member

I’m saving money to get on Kiesels Black Friday deals next year, or if a run pops up that I’m keen on (either a vader 7 or Zeus with a trem). Then I also want a 5150 III 50 watt head and matching 2x12.

8. Kobalt

Kobalt SS.org Regular

Currently hesitating between an LTD M-400 and a Jackson DK2 Ash.

I'm a Jackson guy to the core, but the M-400 looks really good and has most of the features I'm looking for; minimal controls, EMGs, reversed headstock...only thing is I have no idea how the M-series neck compares to the Jackson/Ibanez neck profiles. Maybe @feraledge can guide me, as far as I remember he's a bit of an ESP/LTD reference guy around here? I've never ever held an ESP/LTD before.

9. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I have owned other Rocktron stuff, but this is the first Intellifex. Wanted one for years, but kept getting other things instead.

I think I am going to continue getting some of the good-but-cheap-now rack effects units from the 90s. I like that studio sound, instead of how everything now just tries to model pedals.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  10. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I always was curious about the Intellifex as well. And the Yamah SPX90?

11. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Is it a used korean made or new indonesian one? Looks like they are made in Korea again. I used to borrow my friend's M-400, made in South Korea and it had a 1000-series Floyd Rose. Pretty solid feeling guitar, tone and general feel wasn't anything out of this world, but you can't really go wrong with EMG's. Thin-U neck is not as wide as Ibanez, width feels smaller and profile is more like a C, which is closer to Jackson. 13,7" fretboard radius also feels different, it's smaller than Ibanez or compound radius which Jacksons have.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Kobalt likes this.
  12. Kobalt

Kobalt SS.org Regular

It would definitely be a new one, yeah.

I'm looking at the M series because ESP lists on their website that it has a 43mm nut width (which is what I'm after on a neck) and their "extra thin flat" profile, which I assume is similar to the one I had on my Schecter Banshee 6 (although that one definitely had a 42mm width) since both companies are extremely similar for obvious reasons. One of my local stores actually has a M-200 in stock and will drop by when I have the chance to try out the neck and see if the neck is what I'm after.

Metropolis likes this.
  13. HeHasTheJazzHands

yup.

Re-bought the R&R SL/LD I sold. Same exact unit.

14. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

The Intellifex is Deftones Around the Fur / White Pony in a box. Every preset sounds like a song from those albums, lol.

I love it. It actually got me curious about parallel effects routings, because I know Rocktron is known for the dry-thru mixer. Today I pulled out an old Behringer mixer I have had for years, and hooked it up through the effects loop of my XXX, and ran my G-Major 2 through it as a parallel loop. I could definitely hear how it digitized the sound a bit in series, and running it parallel kept the natural tone a bit better. I want to try the same thing with my Axe-FX II when I get time.

Yeah, I have read about the Yamaha SPX900. The couple I have thought about getting is the Lexicon MPX1, and Boss SE-70. Maybe the Boss VF-1 (I had one like 20 years ago). I want to get a couple of the cool ones, but don't want to just collect a bunch of crap that will sit in my basement, lol.

15. HeHasTheJazzHands

The SPX is apparently Zakk Wylde's 80's tone. Driving into a stereo rig and using one of the built-in presets.

Which is useful because my SL/LD preamp will be part of a stereo rig. :D

Oh also, apparently Glenn Tipton used the Intellifex religiously throughout the years. Never left his rig.

16. HeHasTheJazzHands

I may try to get the KSR Ceres again. I'm actually thinking it would pair really well with the THICC recto-ness of the R&R SL/LD preamp.

Jacksonluvr636 likes this.
  17. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

Extra thin flat is different than the Banshee profile. Schecter I think uses extra thin C and ESP will use extra thin U - though rarely - both are very similar IMO and wouldn't have much issue swapping between them.
    Extra thin flat is different though, it's more Ibanez like with a flatter back and broader shoulders. Thickness is pretty similar.
    Personally, I prefer the extra thin C/U, but that's just me.
    Great guitar though.

Jacksonluvr636 and Kobalt like this.
  18. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

The Ceres is awesome. I kind of don't need the Mooer Preamp Live and I'm thinking of selling it off.

19. HeHasTheJazzHands

Neat. :lol:

It seems super bright and tight so it seems perfect to run with a 2nd preamp.

20. stevexc

stevexc Contributor

Well my pseudo-Life Pedal clone failed miserably due to the spaghetti wiring that I couldn't get right, so I've decided to split it into 3 separate pedals - modded RAT with a blend, clean boost, and octave. Just gotta order some enclosures and jacks.

On the other hand, to eliminate the spaghetti wiring issue, I've thrown together a PCB for my take on the pedal that I'm (eventually) going to get printed when it's in the budget.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.