What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Same with the MT-2. Boss distortion pedals are weird.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  2. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Yeah totally. They have a ton of range (to the point of unusable) and work great as standalone preamps

Merrekof and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  3. Spaced Out Ace

I still have a Metal Zone. I'm gonna try it into my Torpedo CAB M sometime soon.

ATRguitar91 and DudeManBrother like this.
  4. rexbinary

rexbinary MOD King

I've been running an 805 on my 5153 50w blue channel with the Keith Merrow settings from the manual. I have been totally happy with the results. So much so I couldn't image anything challenging it. When using the 805 on the red channel to tighten up down tuned 7 string guitars I found it serviceable but not great. It still left some flub in there. So I decided to try the Nano Attack on the red channel.

The Nano absolutely did the trick. Down tuned 7 string on the red sounds tight as hell on position 4 or 5. I kinda figured it would since it was made specifically for my use case. I set both trim pots to noon and haven't felt the need to tweak them further.

The shocker was when I tried it on the blue channel in place of my 805. Dialed to 2 it's perfect for the stuff I play on the blue channel. (think '80s Dad metal with some '90s) It's a very close comparison between the 805 and the Nano on the blue channel, but I think the Nano just edges it out. I'm still deciding if the Nano will kick the 805 completely off my board or not. I can easily just keep both so we'll see.

5. kreaturesleeper

kreaturesleeper SS.org Regular

I've amassed quite a few guitars/projects/amps/cabs/etc over the years, but there is absolutely one guitar in my possession that I want 2 more of.

Ill try to get a better picture of the full guitar and edit the post when I do, but it is by far my favorite. The toggle has since been upgraded to a volume push/pull potentiometer for coil splitting.

Specs:

* One off custom RG body (much thinner than a standard RG body) and was constructed by a singular party with a knack for it (he resided in Florida if memory serves)
    * Routed for one humbucker and one volume (push pull for coil splitting)
    * Original Ibanez edge tremelo
    * Original Ibanez Wizard neck (the serial # on mine is from 1989)
    * Seymour Duncan JB

I've been trying to source a builder to construct the body for years with no luck. If anyone knows a source who you be willing, I'd be more than happy to take measurements/dimensions and have 2 made for me.

Sourcing an OG wizard neck in great condition for a good price has been difficult, and the OG edge trems aren't getting any cheaper, but they are available on the secondary market.

If as anyone has a line on a person/company who would be willing to construct this body, I would be extremely grateful. Its hands down the best playing guitar I've ever owned and having 2 more would honestly make my entire decade.

If it jogs anyone's memory, I recieved this guitar in a trade from a gentleman on the original KramerForum, and have been unsuccessful in contacting him since the board has moved/been gutted from a lot of original members.

I'm sorry for the potato images. They are from years ago and i havent taken any recent ones.

So yeah, even though I'm eyeing a PPC412 at the moment, having 2 replicas of this one off is my top priority. If anyone has a line on an OG wizard neck, SH4/JB, and OG edge, feel free to drop me a line as well. If this is getting too much like an ISO post, please let me know and I'll move it.

Screenshot_20191019-192910_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20191019-191504_Instagram.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Mourguitars and rexbinary like this.
  6. gunch

gunch chungus

Nano attack is a good pedal actually

7. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

GUess I need to make that my next purchase.

8. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

I'll probably sell off some pickups to fund a couple of different combinations. Been curious about trying a Ragnarok bridge in my DC7X, Nazgul/Sentient for my Schecter, and maybe an Illuminator neck for my 7621. Gonna buy a few different magnets from Mojotone to swap around in various guitars too :idea:

9. rokket2005

rokket2005 SS.org Regular

Decided not to wait for the SE hollowbodies, got this incoming instead.
    Screenshot_20191020-104426__01.jpg

10. Jake

Jake GAS Master

It's finally fucking happening

[​IMG]

Very excited to compare to the Skervesen Raptor I have being built to pretty much identical specs that I should be getting around the holidays :lol:

rexbinary likes this.
  11. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Please tell me you ordered one from Feline and aren't overpaying for the used one that is listed for more than the new price on Facebook.

StevenC likes this.
  12. Jake

Jake GAS Master

I am trading for one, haven't seen the FB one, but it's probably the same one. It's a fair deal though :yesway:

13. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Chronic GAS

can't really comment on the blackmachine hype, but the blackbird pickups are excellent. Oil City makes some great pickups

14. Jake

Jake GAS Master

I'm pretty excited to try them as well. My Skerv-machine once finished will have BKPs but I've heard nothing but good things about the blackbirds as well so I think they'll probably stay :)

15. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Chronic GAS

They're pretty neat pickups, the bridge has a really unique voice. Kind of like an m6 mixed with a single coil/p90 esque spank/sparkle.

16. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Yeah sounds like the same guitar... had it listed for $4k value and they're $3500 new IIRC. As long as you're cool with the deal it's all good :yesway:

Jake likes this.
  17. rokket2005

rokket2005 SS.org Regular

I bought this wacky thing a few weeks ago and just got it cause I didn't think to look that the seller was in Puerto Rico. I don't yet feel compelled to use it on everything, but that's probably a good thing. IMG_20191021_122302__01.jpg

DudeManBrother, The906 and NickS like this.
  18. R34CH

R34CH Counter Culture Bullet Vulture

Guess it's time to get a proper board underneath all of these blink-y lights...the IKEA shelf just isn't cutting it anymore...

EB6F04D4-7391-4164-9C7C-5BC1FD3FD66A.jpeg

While I'm on it, I'll take any and all board recommendations. I'm currently leaning towards Temple Audio but that's probably just because I'm basic and they seem trendy and inherently cheaper (I'm sure all of the "quick release" stuff and modules add up quick making them not so cheap though).

Playing through this thing is FUN. :wub:

19. Spaced Out Ace

It's a bit interesting to me how people generally liked the Precision Drive from Horizon Devices, but hate the Apex preamp. It's apparently dark, and if memory serves from demos, kinda flubby or somewhat loose in the low end.

20. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

Hey I have a question for you. Where do you put that Loop Station? In the Loop or out front?

EDIT: Yes, I guess you'd want that last in the loop chain so you are getting all of the effects in the chain recorded?