What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. rexbinary

rexbinary MOD King

I just pulled the trigger on a used 5153 50w 6L6 off of Guitar Center's website. It's the newer one with the concentric knobs in excellent condition. I wasn't expecting to find the new revision used, and at a good price. Now I can directly compare the 50w 6L6 with my 50w EL34. I plan on just keeping the winner, but we all know what will really happen right?
    I'll end up keeping BOTH!

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Super fucking on and off with getting either an LTD SC-608B or an Agile 828 or 830 of sorts.

3. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

Good on ya broseph. I have the EL34 and put the 6L6 50 head or one of the combos on my radar. Would love to have both for fun and earnest distorted tone wealth.

rexbinary likes this.
  4. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

Next thing for me is a new cab. Either a Mesa 412 or the Marshall MF280 more than likely.

Oddly enough I played a gig with a random Marshall cab. It was a small cab with a weird material covering it. For the gig it sounded great....I later found out it was one of those Marshall MG120 cabs with the carbon fiber coverings. I was super shocked. I honestly wouldn't mind grabbing one of those just to hear it in an isolated setting

buriedoutback likes this.
  5. rexbinary

rexbinary MOD King

Classic Guitar Center crap. I go to pick up my amp and it's the old model without the concentric pots. Luckily I had printed the original listing and showed them that the picture clearly indicated it was the 2.0 model with concentric pots. I got a refund. Then when I got home I realized they didn't refund back the cost of shipping. I view all this as my fault though as I know better then to do any business with Guitar Center yet I keep going back.

6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Likely either a new delay, I've been having some issues with my Timeline X4, or one of those Mesa multi-head switchers so I can run my Roadster and Mark-V into the same 4x12. Or, possibly, both. :lol:

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  7. broangiel

broangiel SS.org Regular

I think that’s pretty standard for GC. I ordered a used guitar listed as Excellent Condition and with a hard shell case. It arrived with gashes down to the wood, rust on every metal component, and no case.

I returned it easily enough but shipping wasn’t refunded because “it was a service successfully rendered.” I argued I wouldn’t have invoked the service had the item been described properly, but I couldn’t get the manager to budge. I just haven’t shopped with them since.

rexbinary likes this.
  8. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

9. protest

protest SS.org Regular

Call customer service. If there's ever been a screw up I've always gotten my shipping returned by my store.

rexbinary likes this.
  10. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

This is about the only thing I GAS anymore.

Need the Graphics EQ though IMO

11. narad

Ah, my bad grabbing a random photo -- I bought the GEQ one ;-)

12. cwhitey2

Heck yeah!!!

13. broangiel

broangiel SS.org Regular

This was back in November or December so I may be out of luck. Good looking out though

14. narad

I'm honestly not enthused so much by the clips on youtube, but mostly going off all the forum guys who swear by them even next to a ton of amps I do enjoy. All I can tell is it's definitely a unique sound, so I've been waiting for the right deal for like 2 years on one. First VHT/Fryette of any kind.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  15. cwhitey2

What style of music are you trying to play on it?

Also, what cab are you using?

16. narad

Metal-y stuff. Cab is a Mills with 2 V30s and 2 G12t-75s.

17. cwhitey2

Hmm...could be the speakers. Fryette stuff is usually picky when it comes to cabs, but I think the UL might be the pickiest :lol:

I use Legends with my sig:x and it sounds fantastic. But I have a feeling I would hate it run through v30's

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  18. narad

Ah sorry, I'm talking about youtube clips, not through my cab yet. This is what is your _next_ purchase, and I just wrapped up negotiations but don't have the amp in house yet (and too far to try it out).

But yea, actually dig the Sig-X clips a bit more to be honest, but letting the legion of rig-talk guys who slightly prefer the UL to justify the extra cost. As for the cab sound, later this month I'll be expanding my monitor setup with a sub for bass playing, and will get one of those two-notes CAB Ms / switch to more playing through monitors. So UL -> torpedo reload for loadbox -> cab M for impulse -> monitors. My attempt at making gearwhoring work in dense metro living.

I play music and cwhitey2 like this.
  19. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I once heard the SigX is a Deliverance but with tons and tons more bells and whistles. How true is that?

Also if all goes well, I'll be owning my first 8 string early next month

20. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

EDIT: reply to a few posts above ^^^

The GC near me has actually refunded me shipping for the last two fuck ups. The last one was just straight up dishonest though. I called the store (forgot what stage it was in) and asked if the amp functioned fully, and was told it did and it would tested again thoroughly before shipping to me. It arrived and literally only the volume knob on the first channel functioned. They just straight lied and wasted money shipping a broken amp.

rexbinary likes this.