What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. DarkNe0

DarkNe0 SS.org Regular

2. gnoll

gnoll SS.org Regular

Dude that is sweet, I'm about to do the same! I'm just a bit scared, lol... Which one did you get? I'm leaning towards a straight standard as of now.

3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Slanted OS Recto one. Used from Guitar Center.

4. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

later today im picking up a vintage peavey musician 400 mkIII head for $100! guitar, bass, keyboards... this thing takes anything! cant wait! also i ordered a couple donner micro pedals from beebay. the noise killer (gate)for $40 and the 5 band eq for about $35, no shipping for either! think they should do nicely for saving some room on my board.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  5. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

Well, I just got a good deal on a mint 808 and I may actually get the cab sooner than I thought so my next purchase will be a 4x12.

Still narrowing it down. Thinking Uberkab, USA Diesel or Mesa Trad.

I am also contemplating to buy some Scumback speakers for my drummer's Avatar cab and just use that. Not quite sure what I should do.

6. Fretless

Fretless Knob Fiddler

My fiance just talked me out of this, and talked me into a KM8 instead.:bowdown:

7. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Ibanez Enthusiast

POD HD500
    Ibby SR305/405
    Akai MPK Mini

Then I'll have my "studio" setup I want. Should be able to buy the majority of those within the next month!

8. Undivide

Undivide SS.org Regular

Musicman JP15 :)

9. StrmRidr

StrmRidr Hide your Jacksons

Voodoo Lab GCX and Ground Control Pro. No more tap dancing for this guy.

10. Jake

Jake GAS Master

Well I may have broken my wrist yesterday but I got this too, I can use it eventually I guess.
    [​IMG]

11. DaniTheDawg

DaniTheDawg SS.org Regular

Just ordered a Nazgul/Sentient set in black metal finish (not covers, just more grey/black details all over the pickups instead of the classical look) and at the moment I'm saving money for an Agile Interceptor 727 Fuchsia with plain Maple fretboard and EMGs 707 (possibly will change them in the future if I'll be unsatisfied. That will also be my first 7 string and it's gonna be baritone (yeah I know I'm bold :nuts:)

12. protest

protest SS.org Regular

Going to grab a reverb, tremolo, noise gate, and power supply from GC this week with the GC bucks I got back from my Jackson purchase.

13. Unburdened

Unburdened SS.org Regular

Went nuts...Taiwanese HM-2 and EHX HOG! I predict death metal Mats and Morgan if I combine the two.

14. ThePhilosopher

ThePhilosopher Reason User

The Bogner Red I tried at GC was incredibly noisy when trying to dial in different tones (scratchy sounding pots when swept), so I opted for a different pedal in the same vein. NPD coming soon.

15. Fretless

Fretless Knob Fiddler

Just submitted my order for this bad boy.

[​IMG]

16. SamirBoudissa

SamirBoudissa Good night my sides

Probably a Mesa Boogie 2x12 compact box cab and after that either Mark V or JP-2C head for it.

17. Zalbu

Zalbu More time than skill

Want to get a KM7 and a PRS, either a solidbody or semi-hollow for clean and low gain stuff and I also want a hardtail HH guitar for br00tal chugz in drop C. I'm interested in the Ibanez RG652AHM but I don't know if I should stick to Ibanez or give Schecter or Jackson a shot.

I like how HH Ibbys have the five way switch instead of a three way but I dunno if it's worth paying so much extra over a regular RG652 even though it looks totally killer.

18. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I need to wait until my Agile gets here then do something about figuring out how to unload my Bugera 6262. I REALLY don't want to lug it to craigslist lowballers/no shows. Then need to dump a bunch of guitars. Hope to replace them all with a proper laptop for recording. Awwww yes.

19. Esp Griffyn

Esp Griffyn Play more music

Thank you a hundred times, I had forgotten the name of this brand, I will probably buy something from them at some point.

I had a pedal haul to go with my new (old) Carvin Legacy, went shopping and had a shootout, came away with a Maxon OD-9, Keeley Aurora reverb, Dunlop John Petrucci signature wah and a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus. The Voodoo Labs power unit is amazing, so much flexibility, the door is open for pedals now I don't have to worry about power adapters and 9V batteries anymore. Definitely the neatest, easiest pedal power supply unit I've come across, it's built like a tank and made in the USA too. Many thanks to Guitar Guitar in Newcastle, England for all their help.

EDIT: Just had a look at the Protones website, they must be going through hard times, their product line has shrunk massively since the last time I looked. What a shame.

20. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

You would do better continuing to forget it, the pedals are built like crap with literally the cheapest components money can buy and massively overpriced for the quality. Seriously do a search and look at the gut shots of them.