What is this ESP strat called?

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Flamedmaple, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Flamedmaple

Flamedmaple SS.org Regular

What is this ESP strat model called? I think it's really sexy, gotta love candy apple red and maple boards...
    Is there anything like this guitar in the current line up of ESP? I would really like to have something like it.

[​IMG]

2. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

ESP's strats are called snapper or SN in their lineup I think. Though it has a rounder rear than that, that just looks like a regular strat. You could just grab a fender at that point.

The only red strat ESP right now in the lineup is this - https://www.espguitars.com/products/17090-sn-200fr-maple-bcms

3. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

I think ESP calls their strat copy the Vintage Plus

Zhysick likes this.
  4. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Yep, their 1:1 strat copy is the Vintage Plus.

[​IMG]

They DID make a red one, but they discontinued it awhile back.

Also can we get a link to the video? I maybe seeing things, but that looks like a Fender headstock, which means it's either a Japanese custom shop deal, or a vintage Japanese-market ESP.

5. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

What happened to the vintage plus guitars? I played a used one in GC once that was loaded with jb jrs and it was the sweetest playing and most brutal metal strat I've ever laid hands on.

6. Ikke

Ikke A Dream Cartographer

There is nothing current production that will meet your desires. It’s not a vintage plus based on the headstock, which looks like some kind of custom Fender Strat headstock.

Anyway, the following might be tough to find, but the easiest direction to point you in would be to look for either an:

- ESP 400 Series Strat with the Fender Headstock (they also come in Vintage Plus/Traditional Series Headstocks)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- ESP Vintage Plus or Traditional (as others have mentioned) if you don't mind the ESP Style Headstock

[​IMG]

Cheers

Crash Dandicoot likes this.
  7. Flamedmaple

Thanks @Ikke !
    I really have a thing for ESP strats but these vintage style ones are indeed very hard to find :(
    The guitar i posted about looks to have a Snapper headstock with a vintage strat body shape. Gotta be a custom order i guess...

Here is the video with the guitar in.

8. HeHasTheJazzHands

Nope thats a custom. It's using a Strat body and a Snapper/Throbber head stock.

9. Ikke

Well the video makes this way easier. Not a custom as far as I can tell. It's just an ESP Snapper S in red. It's an old production model; they pop up very infrequently. They didn't come in red as far as I know.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  10. Ikke

In all my years, I've only seen one Snapper S (it was on Yahoo Aucs). You might be looking for a while.

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

12. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Please do not post threads where the good, old, glorious Vintage Plus headstock is shown. It still hurts so much.

Millul likes this.
  13. Ikke

Thanks for the info. Yeah, then it is a custom. In the video, it looked way more Snapper-ish to me. But, looks like I was wrong. Thanks for the correction.

You could get same results of that Ohumura custom by taking a Snapper neck and putting it on a Vintage Plus/Traditional body. I prefer the Snapper body to the Strat body though.

Crash Dandicoot likes this.
  14. Flamedmaple

15. Ikke

My easy guess:

Assuming you get something close to that (nothing fancy), then probably a little more than the ESP Japan Snapper AL/M, which is ¥390K.

So, probably around $4500-$5000 in USD would be my guess.

But, that’ll depend on what your dealer negotiates with Japan, and if you don’t have a dealer, then guessing/knowing prices is more difficult. The easiest way to know if just get a quote, which get through a dealer.

16. Flamedmaple

I see, yeah it should be a fair assumption to compare with the regular Snapper model. And i guess adding half scalloped frets to it might make it closer to even $6000...
    I might just get a used Fender with similar specs and have it scalloped afterwards. Even though i would prefer it with the Snapper headstock and ESP logo, i can't justify that much of a cost for something this relatively simple. :p

17. Ikke

There’s a Snapper S on reverb. Assuming you can get passed the body not being traditional strat and colour, this could suit your needs. And you could always get it painted.

ESP Original Snapper burner
    https://reverb.com/item/36004331-es...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=36004331