What good black friday deals are out there?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Gmork, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Plugins, pedals, etc. What have you seen? Theres gotta be some good deals out there

2. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

3. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

Fractal has some discounts.

Politics of Ecstasy likes this.
  4. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Black Friday, in general, has become just another BS sale, where things aren't any more discounted than normally. I'm looking at buying a few things (a new laptop being one of them) and the deals I'm seeing across all product categories are pretty lame. Same prices you can get on any generic 3 day weekend sale.

Descent, metal4life71, Masoo2 and 7 others like this.
  5. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Yeah im noticing that as well, Ooooo! 10% off!!! OH MY GOOOOOOOD

6. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

And this "get invited to our exclusive sale" crap is stupid. I'm not so dumb I believe that GC is giving me a better deal than some other guy who also buys a few sets of strings a year from there. :lol:

7. Backsnack

Backsnack Many strings

Not to mention for where I live in CA, you only end up saving about 7% off with the 15% coupon anyways because of sales tax.
    (Some counties have 9% or higher!)

I’m GAS’ing pretty hard for an Amp1 IE, but I don’t need it that badly. I’ll just keep my eyes peeled on Reverb and probably get a better deal.
    Or just feel better than I participated in recycling. :banana:

Hollowway likes this.
  8. Backsnack

Backsnack Many strings

There are some rather time-limited sales on plugins occasionally.

Last year Reverb had a bundle offered that was Arturia V Collection and the Soundtoys full bundle for like $300 total. Considering either of those bundles fill go for about $400 or so on sale the rest of the year, that was very good deal. You could mix just about anything and have every synth you’d need as a guitar playing recording artist with that bundle.

9. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Think ill grab an ML Sounds Lab IR pack..... But which one for death metal? Hmmmm. Thinking zila pack might be interesting

10. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

Our "Boxing Day" sales are like that too. It used to be that they would have $500 stereos on for $75 or 'any dvd/cd in the store' for $5 or something crazy like that. Now it's no different than any other 'sale' that the stores might put on. Back 20+ years ago, people used to line up overnight to get in on Boxing Day deals but now, people are just going like they normally would to spend the gift cards they got, not because there's any kind of crazy deals.

In all honesty, if you want to get something SUPER cool, I recommend the STL Libra IR mixer. It is the perfect tool to make finely tuned irs. When I would look for an ir for my Pod X3, every time I used an amp, I'd switch between 2 or 3 because each one sounded a little different and it was hard to tell which one to stick with. With the Libra, I can load in all 3 and get a mix of the perfect balance between them, save it and no longer have to do the 'ir shuffle' every time I turn it on. Granted, it's still fun to look around at new ir cab packs once in a while but with this, you can take a lot of the 'abandoned' irs you have and mix 'em with some faves to make some pretty interesting sounds.

Backsnack likes this.
  11. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Bogner Uberkab is also cool, lots of low end but it's not loose at all, and it has nice sizzle of it's own going on.

12. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Special needs member

Kiesel has some great BF deals.

jarledge likes this.
  13. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Woah! Heads up, isotope BF bundle seems insane!!! Isotope stuff is pretty high end isnt it?
    Normal price $713, saleprice $49!!!

PLEASE let me know if these plugins are good/useful.
    Bundle includes...
    • RX Elements ($129 value)
    • Nectar Elements ($129 value)
    • Neutron 3 Elements ($129 value)
    • Ozone 9 Elements ($129 value)
    • Trash 2 Expanded ($99 value)
    • DDLY ($49 value)
    • Mobius Filter ($49 value)

14. Politics of Ecstasy

Politics of Ecstasy OG Shredder

MOD EDIT: this isn't the classifieds, if you want to sell something list it.

And @Gmork isotope is good, but I think its part of FL studio....Ive used it with my synth keyboard, and if its only $49 and you use a lot of synth sounds, youd like it I’m sure....rewire poizone right?

15. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

man i could've sworn they released some elements packs as free before, ymmv but i wouldn't opt to buy a bundle like that and would just try and find something like Ozone or Nectar full edition on sale

Politics of Ecstasy likes this.
  16. Politics of Ecstasy

Thought so too actually

17. Politics of Ecstasy

Site Rules:
    20. Do not attempt to sell things outside the classifieds. (This includes visitor messages, and mentioning things you have for sale in posts to other forum sections).

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  18. Backsnack

Backsnack Many strings

The elements versions of all the iZotope plugins are a great way to demo their products if you're just dipping your toes into their plugin universe. If you already have a good arsenal of premium plugins, the Elements versions aren't worth your time. Trash 2, DDLY, and Mobius Filter are all basically abandonware at this point.

Be aware that iZotope will usually rope you in with a highly discounted bundle, and then come out with "revolutionary" paid upgrades a short while later if you opt to buy into their full versions. iZotope goes through ups and downs in terms of the overall quality of Neutron and Ozone, the latest versions can get some pretty good results and have some clever "AI/autopilot" features that can get good results quickly. However ... they tend to be resource-hungry and can introduce a fair amount of latency.

IMO, go over to Tokyo Dawn Labs and try out the free Nova, Slick EQ, and Kotelnikov plugins instead. Nova (and the paid GE version) is an incredible plugin with many uses, and Kotelnikov GE is a fantastic broadband compressor. If you like the layout and the features, I think the Tokyo Dawn stuff is more worth your money to go to the paid versions. You won't get spammed with a ton of marketing crap after you buy them, and you'll get free updates for life. Keep an eye out, they only do a few sales a year. The whole bundle is $180 normally, and it's well worth the price. On sale I've seen it discounted down to $100, and anyone who's mixing should buy it at that point. Sidenote: Limiter 6 GE stands shoulder to shoulder to FabFilter Pro-L2 for a lot less money.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Masoo2 and Gmork like this.
  19. ICSvortex

ICSvortex 0-0-0-1

Yeah, last Black Friday Neutron Elements was free if you ordered something over 10$, thats why i got it. But i whink its pretty cool, i use it all the time for some quick and easy EQing. For demoing its quite amazing tbh. I wanted to see if they did the same thing with Ozone this year but that bundle they do now isnt for me... I would only use Ozone and i already have neutron and the rest is useless.

20. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Well i picked up ML sound labs bgnr uber cab pack as well as the mega oversized pack and they sound suuuper good! 30% 0ff each pack. Still a bit expensive here in canada but what can ya do