What game are you playing?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I think that parry one with the increased window was the most "fun" one and I'm glad I used it for almost the entire game. Just turned to crap on the last couple enemies that attack so relentlessly that I am guessing you either can't parry everything or would have to be a gaming god.

I'm assuming you mean the end game enemies we're discussing and not just Thor/Odin? Cause I had no problem with them, but yeah Hrolfi/Gna are pretty quick with some of their attacks, to the point where lock on was useless and I just went the opposite direction of the arrow onscreen and prayed.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean the end game enemies we're discussing and not just Thor/Odin? Cause I had no problem with them, but yeah Hrolfi/Gna are pretty quick with some of their attacks, to the point where lock on was useless and I just went the opposite direction of the arrow onscreen and prayed.
Yeah, I'm talking about the berserker king and gna only.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Cold Steel 1 wasn't as bad in balance as Cold Steel 2. Yeah the fight with C was unbelievably broken and badly balanced but overall I didn't have too tough a time with it (up until the final fight - that was another poorly balanced one).

I ran Chrono Drive with Fie more often than not but it really didn't help. I noticed that it wasn't providing more turns when I needed them so I'm not sure how effective the speed stat is. Again, it's absolutely meaningless when the boss was one-shotting me due to being so high level from carrying my save file over.

Yeah I'm going to be taking a very long break from the Cold Steel series. Right now, I've fired up AC Odyssey. I have Trails in the sky 1 and 2 (also, LoH 1 & 2 on PSP :D) as well as a myriad of other games to play so I'm good to take as long as a break as I need from Cold Steel.

Thanks for the heads up on the hidden scene. I'll check it out.

Odd that I've never come across any OHKO experiences, sans one embarrassing round against the final boss in Zero, but that's another game. I'll have to recheck these out, or dare say try it in Nightmare or something. One thing that I really love about these games is how deep I can go with character builds.

IME, speed does help a lot. Fie is interesting since even when she's already a speedy evasion tank by default, you can break her even more by stacking time and wind orbs to make her untouchable. You can do the same with Rean, albeit more protagonist versatility and have both impede everyone before the enemy's first turn. Have Machias cast Chrono Burst on himself and Burst drive on everyone else, with Alisa as your CP battery, and it becomes embarrassing. Magic is weird here since casting time is much more apparent here than most JRPGs, but a few cast orbs fixes that, certainly gives Elliot some time off the bench. Abusing speed mechanics made the most of the latter bosses for both games easier for me. I won't say much else about the final boss for 2 since that jumps into spoiler territory beyond these games, because of course it does.

That extra NG+ scene also implies that you've read all the books you've collected, tabloids, fictional books, all of it. You know... lore building. :lol:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
On Palace 5 of Persona 5 Royal. Hit the 60 hour mark but it's flew by. Got a number of confidants maxed out, included one of the two you need to unlock the 3rd semester. This game still rules. That said, I don't know what happened but I'm like, 20 levels above what the Theieves Guild says is the average so combat has been a bit easy.

Anyway, go figure, Death Stranding 2 got announced at the TGS last night.

Nicki

Twit
Reaction score
Odd that I've never come across any OHKO experiences, sans one embarrassing round against the final boss in Zero, but that's another game. I'll have to recheck these out, or dare say try it in Nightmare or something. One thing that I really love about these games is how deep I can go with character builds.

IME, speed does help a lot. Fie is interesting since even when she's already a speedy evasion tank by default, you can break her even more by stacking time and wind orbs to make her untouchable. You can do the same with Rean, albeit more protagonist versatility and have both impede everyone before the enemy's first turn. Have Machias cast Chrono Burst on himself and Burst drive on everyone else, with Alisa as your CP battery, and it becomes embarrassing. Magic is weird here since casting time is much more apparent here than most JRPGs, but a few cast orbs fixes that, certainly gives Elliot some time off the bench. Abusing speed mechanics made the most of the latter bosses for both games easier for me. I won't say much else about the final boss for 2 since that jumps into spoiler territory beyond these games, because of course it does.

That extra NG+ scene also implies that you've read all the books you've collected, tabloids, fictional books, all of it. You know... lore building. :lol:
Pretty sure the one hit KO is only because I carried my save data.

Yeah I know you can get Fie up to 100% evade with evergreens, evade 2 and falco. I tried it... really boring.

Anyway... AC Odyssey is really boring so I think I'm going to skip that one and move on to something else... Not sure what yet.

rokket2005

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
On Palace 5 of Persona 5 Royal. Hit the 60 hour mark but it's flew by. Got a number of confidants maxed out, included one of the two you need to unlock the 3rd semester. This game still rules. That said, I don't know what happened but I'm like, 20 levels above what the Theieves Guild says is the average so combat has been a bit easy.

Anyway, go figure, Death Stranding 2 got announced at the TGS last night.
I never went into the Thieves' den until I had beaten the game so I didn't know that there were recommended levels, but if the 5th palace is Okumura you'll be happy to be over leveled for the garbage the boss of that palace pulls .

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, death stranding and cyberpunk went back on sale already, so I bought them. Will start them when I’m done with my 6th elden ring playthrough :p

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I never went into the Thieves' den until I had beaten the game so I didn't know that there were recommended levels, but if the 5th palace is Okumura you'll be happy to be over leveled for the garbage the boss of that palace pulls .
Not the Thieves Den that's the Museum, the Thieves Guild where you press the touch pad on the PlayStation controller and it shows you what other players did inyour situation (hang out with confidents, grow a social stats, etc). But yes, it's Okumuras palace, and yes, actually glad I'm over leveled, have had one or two close calls in there. I'm not sure if the game gives you more time or it's because I planned it out this time, but it feels like it's easier to grow confidants and social stats. I have like 5 or 6 confidants maxed and and almost all the others are at least level 5 (except maybe Yusuke, Don't know why I'm resistant to hanging out with him), and except for proficiency, all of my social stats are at level 4. I feel like I wasn't anywhere near this at this point in vanilla P5.

rokket2005

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not the Thieves Den that's the Museum, the Thieves Guild where you press the touch pad on the PlayStation controller and it shows you what other players did inyour situation (hang out with confidents, grow a social stats, etc). But yes, it's Okumuras palace, and yes, actually glad I'm over leveled, have had one or two close calls in there. I'm not sure if the game gives you more time or it's because I planned it out this time, but it feels like it's easier to grow confidants and social stats. I have like 5 or 6 confidants maxed and and almost all the others are at least level 5 (except maybe Yusuke, Don't know why I'm resistant to hanging out with him), and except for proficiency, all of my social stats are at level 4. I feel like I wasn't anywhere near this at this point in vanilla P5.
ah, I remember looking at what other people did in P4, but I don't think I ever did in 5. I also don't think I ever got Yusuke past like level 4 in P5R, Ann either, just didn't ever use them after I got other options. I liked Yusuke in strikers a lot though, and you kind of have to use everyone in that game. I also never even got the Politician guy, I think he was the Sun arcana. There was something about having to get a job at the noodle place, and I was like if I need money I'll just go into Mementos.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

The game definitely gives you more time. They removed a lot of those BS days where the cat would demand you do nothing but go to sleep, and they added some social events like darts and the jazz club which give you other benefits in addition to confidant level.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
The game definitely gives you more time. They removed a lot of those BS days where the cat would demand you do nothing but go to sleep, and they added some social events like darts and the jazz club which give you other benefits in addition to confidant level.
Honestly I dig it not only because I can actually get shit done in one playthrough, but I actually feel like I'm getting the complete picture. Also, turns out Kawakamis level 10 skill is extremely useful.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
59hrs total to get the Platinum for GOW:R, now I can chill out on playing that franchise for a bit. I think I played through 2018 four times total, this one doesn't have the same appeal to me at the moment.

Not sure what I'll move onto now, probably check out the sales and see if anything grabs me

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
I got the platinum trophy for GoW:R last night. Vanaheim is a maze of a map but thankfully there’s online guides lol

My brother and I finished Evil West coop. Straight forward and fun game with a bit of a challenge. Unfortunately it’s a bit buggy but hopefully they patch it up. Not so bad to prevent us from playing but irritating enough.

Looking forward to Dead Space, Harry Potter looks neat, and Jedi Survivor

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
I saw Armored Core 6 got announced (finally). Really miss that game series.

Got Ragnarok loaded up on the PS5.
Installed RE7 on the PS4.
Started a new playthrough of MGS2HD on the PS3 for the millionth time.
I want a Metal Gear Solid remastered for the current generation

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I platinum’d Elden ring in my first playthrough so I’m just waiting for them to announce giant enormous new dlc areas. Bigly. I want bigly new content to explore and get killed by.