What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. CovertSovietBear

CovertSovietBear Lord Bagel Supreme

Currently sitting at 75hrs for my 2nd Mass Effect Andromeda run and completing every single possible mission before the main plot missions, which I think I'm already at the point of no return mission. It wouldn't be hard to platinum yet some of those trophies are ridiculous, "keep the nomad airborne for x amount of seconds" ughh

gabito likes this.
  2. rokket2005

rokket2005 SS.org Regular

I've been blazing through some stuff the last month or two. Finished the Trails in the Sky trilogy in about a month and a half, beat Ys IX in a few weeks, now I'm playing Disgaea 1 before I head into Disgaea 6. Really wanting to get to Nier Automata and Persona 5 before the end of the year too but SMT V is probably going to take a chunk too.

Bloody_Inferno likes this.
  3. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I'm finally going through Judgment after buying the overpriced PS5 upgrade. I sort of like some things about it, but it definitely feels like a second-rate Yakuza at this point, mostly just cause I'm not really vibing with the protagonist or his combat styles. Also, some of the heavily-touted features that are unique to it are things I hate (ex tailing missions like Assassins Creed, "look around for evidence in 1st person" like Metroid Other M). I've never liked chase sequences, but those are in at least half the other Yakuza games, so whatever. It's certainly not BAD, but at this point (about 10 hours in, doing as much side content as possible so I'm only on chapter 3) I'd say it's near the bottom of my list, ahead of Yakuza 3 and maybe 4/6 only. I need to replay 0 and 6 now that I have so much experience with the series.

One unique thing I like is the "friendship" system with building relationships around town. It's not that different from substories in the other games, but it's different enough and it's kind of cool building up the level of all of them.

The main problem with the combat just seems to be that you have what the game insists is "AOE attack style" with the crane kicks or whatever, but the way enemies surround you means you almost never hit more than one enemy with the attacks anyway, and the other combat style that's specialized for 1 v 1 does more reliable damage, so you might as well just use it and focus everyone down. Maybe it will improve with a bunch more skills. But, currently, this "AOE" fighting style is a joke compared to say, the breakdance stance from Yakuza 0, which truly did feel like it was suited for AOE. The game also constantly pops up and yells at you when you don't use the wall attacks, which seem to miss 3/4 of the time (yes, I know you have to aim them)

Main problem with the protagonist is just I don't care nearly as much as I did with Kiryu or even say, Akayama. He's just kind of dull. I like some of the side characters like Saito more than him.

4. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Im trying to play Judgement as well. I really do enjoy it. But Yakuza Like a Dragon was such so great for me that I just want to play more of that now, really. I also still need to clear the 3 - 5 remasters…

5. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I've started up the Fractured But Whole this week. It's about what I expected. I always forget just how much South Park is obsessed with farts.

Choop and gabito like this.
  6. gabito

gabito SS.org Regular

I know most people hated it, but I really liked Andromeda. It's a shame we won't get a sequel (or sequels).

I was about to start a second playthrough but then ME Legendary Edition was released and... well.

7. CovertSovietBear

Well! The reason I'm on my 2nd Andromeda playthrough is because I bought and beat ME Legendary Edition as I played Andromeda first, trilogy 2nd. With Andromeda beat I'll be going back and try to do all side missions for those games :cheers:

gabito likes this.
  8. wankerness

You need to finish the ultimate hardcore millennium tower, or whatever it's called, in Like a Dragon. That was a very stressful hour or two.

5 might be my favorite in the series. 3 and 4 are kind of a slog at times. I like the extensive "cool beach dad Kiryu" section of 3, but the gameplay's pretty bland. 4 has a good story but the gameplay can be frustrating and boring, too, especially the prison break segment. 5 was where things really got polished and good. I think it still has the largest scope of any of these games. I think you already played them on PS3, if I remember right?

9. wankerness

I enjoyed it alright, but the plot and characters really do suck compared to the first three games. I couldn't have cared less about the protagonist and her weird face and anything related to her family. I liked the Krogan companion. The gameplay was weird in that it played the best from your character's perspective but massively dumbed down the tactical nature of it by forcing your squadmates to only work in self-guided AI mode. For those that played ME3 on insanity, it was a huge drop in complexity.

gabito likes this.
  10. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

Nioh is free on the Epic game store.

gabito and CovertSovietBear like this.
  11. CovertSovietBear

ME3 Insanity run is up for me next then :scream2:

12. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Started Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on ps3. I beat the first 2 games back in the day but i think i only got like halfway through this one. Fun so far, the guards faces when you grab them are too funny... :eek:

13. wankerness

Make sure you choose an easy class like Soldier (max Adrenaline Rush as fast as possible), Engineer (Drone, Incinerate and overload, once beefed up, make you extremely good vs all types of enemies) or maybe Sentinel (more survivability) or Infiltrator (stealth +damage boost on stealth +good sniper rifle +headshot = you can kill anything) or it will probably be a while before things stop making you angry. Vanguard was pure pain till somewhere around level 40, then became easy. Adept is too squishy and doesn't do well against shields, so it's probably a bad choice for insanity.

Also definitely import an ME2 character from a cleared run so you start at level 30 instead of level 1 but can still re-assign class (which you can't do if you import an ME3 clear).

14. CovertSovietBear

For sure importing my ME2 character, I'm not good at stealth so Engineer sounds like a good starting point especially with the drone. Still mad that Garrus died in my ME2 playthrough and can't use him.

15. wankerness

Yeah, Engineer is REALLY good in ME3. Get the AOE overload, the heavy incinerate, flamethrower turret, and the drone that explodes when killed and shoots rockets. Just put 1 point in AI hacking, that alone can make things radically easier. Assault Drone's good too. Also go for weight reduction as fast as possible (tech mastery, I think?). ME3 as most classes is all about getting your power recharge speed at about 150% minimum and then you can basically always have them off cooldown. Means you can only carry a couple weapons, but that's OK, especially as a class like engineer where most of your damage can come from powers/drone/turret.

For squadmates, you could go a few directions. Probably use Liara and get her super-fast singularity recharge for CC, and then use someone beefier with a squad ammo power for the other slot.

16. CovertSovietBear

Ya I'll have to do some Googleing to get familiar with the game again. Liara's singularity is a must, even used it in Andromeda extensively, helps out tremendously with priming/detonating combos.

17. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I have 4 and 5 on PS3 from when they were free on PS Plus, but I only dabbled with them. I’m of the group of people that really got into the series with Yakuza 0. I’ll get around to playing more of the Remastered collection at some point.

I really want to do the True Millennium Tower and platinum Like a Dragon. It really may be amongst my favorite games of all time. But my characters are all average around mid-level 60, no one has really mastered a class, and I only have like 2 EX weapons. From what Ives gather, you have to basically do ALL of the grinding to even have a chance at not getting constantly one-hitted in the True tower. The fact I didn’t trade the game back in feels like I’m going to do it, but it’s going to be down the road.

18. gabito

gabito SS.org Regular

They (finally!) released a trailer with some footage from God of War Ragnarok. Just some cinematics and bits of gameplay.

It looks like more of the same... which is exactly what I wanted anyway.

No news about the release date, though.

It seems there's also an Alan Wake remake wich will be available for (almost) all platforms. I always wanted to play it, and the price looks fair for a ten years old game.

19. wankerness

You only need EX weapons for the classes you intend to go in there with, but I ground out max level on 5-6 jobs for every character (all the ones with the most useful bonuses), had EX+4 of all the main class weapons, and still was coming perilously close to getting 1 shot from the first fight in there (which has one of the hardest hitting enemies in the whole tower, to be fair, but is also a good wake-up call for the difficulty level). Make sure you have tons of MP restore items for your Idol, who's going to be spamming big heals pretty much nonstop on many fights. I sure killed hundreds of those vagabonds and ran away from every other fight in the dungeon. I think the setup I ended up using was Hero/Chef/Assassin/Idol for everything, but they all had all the bonus abilities from every class (I think those are all unlocked by level 30, so like one run through killing 3 invested vagabonds with the +job exp boost items) and made HEAVY use of the host ice throw and fortune teller lightning and the flame grenade or whatever the fire shared skill was. Chef's the only one that was really negotiable in that setup, I think, I think a lot of people use him as Gangster instead, but the blowtorch and one of the plate throws really came in handy for me.

20. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

I'm glad more people here are playing the Trails games. I still need to play the Sky trilogy properly, have them on Steam but can't get them to run.

Funny since the upcoming Trails/Kiseki game just revealed a character from the Sky arc all grown up. And it's got me really pumped for it... only to wait for 3 or 4 years to be localised. :lol:

rokket2005 likes this.