What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. MFB

MFB Banned

It actually is Hot Wheels, Turbo Racing to be specific on PSX.

OF COURSE ITS HOLLOW KNIGHT!

StevenC and wankerness like this.
  2. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

From memory , and it’s been a while , you get the dash not too far into the game. And it is a weapon upgrade.

wankerness likes this.
  3. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Hey man, if you'd only said HW it once I'd have assumed it was a typo, but you said it twice!!

Finished the base game in Quake and did one of the stupid nightmare achievements (beat first level with no shots fired), I think I've had enough of this for a while! It has multiple expansions included, but I don't have any nostalgic attachment to them. I don't think the 1P on this game is really that good, I just played through it so many times as a kid that it was fun to revisit it.

TedEH likes this.
  4. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

So I played Twelve Minutes and...... and uh..... whaaaaaaat the crap. To talk about it too much is to spoil it, so I won't say much - but if you liked Doki Doki Literature Club because it had some dark-ish twists, you might like this one if you want something in the same vein but slightly more mature (in a certain sense), minus the awkward anime school girls, and plus a time loop. So it's Doki Doki Fvcked Up Groundhog Family Day staring Ray from Star Wars (but you'd only know if you read the credits because her voice is pretty generic).

5. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I fell off 12 Minutes pretty quickly. It had some good twists but it felt like the game wanted to actively piss me off. I get why people compare it to Doki Doki Literature Club, although DDLC has turned out to be one of my favorite games ever, whilst 12 Minute feels like it was a neat concept that needed more time (which is saying something considering it took forever to come out to begin with).

I haven't really been gaming so much the last week and change, but I've been picking Judgement back up before Lost Judgement comes out. I doubt it happens though and I may just wait until the holidays to get it.

6. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I can understand why a lot about the game could turn people off. I've got a surprising amount of patience for time loop mechanics for some reason, so a lot of the common frustrations didn't bug me much. Did you get very far into the narrative / know how it plays out?

7. alinas

alinas Crowley

8. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I basically watched how it played out on a YouTube video. Again, it was a really good concept, basically the execution needed a lot of work, as well as maybe some kinks in the story.

TedEH likes this.
  9. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

I keep telling myself I'll do it but I really want to tackle my secret shame "haven't played" games:

Super Metroid, Zero Mission, Fusion, maybe 1 and 2 (gameboy)
    Oracles of Seasons/Ages, Majora's Mask, TP and SS, BOTW
    CV: SotN

Been wanting to 100% Yoshi's Island too

Crungy, Mathemagician and StevenC like this.
  10. CovertSovietBear

CovertSovietBear Lord Bagel Supreme

I'm playing through Fusion right now. The battery on my old Advance SP still holds up for days on end w/o recharge. Are you going to emulate or play on real hardware?

11. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

bnes and vba

12. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

grabbed Rygar om the switch, Its one of my top 5 arcade games from back in the day .maybe top 3

I'm def sentimental , but I think its still fun today. Gets hard and you cant continue

13. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Is that the NES port or Arcade ver?

14. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

arcade.

its got the English and Japanese versions

15. Bloody_Inferno

Finished and crossed off Ys IX Mumpty Numpty off the list. As fun and pleasant as an Ys game can be, perhaps the most fun I've had in the series, and that last still shot of the ending is fantastic.

While Ys IX is actually newcomer friendly, I still insist that Ys VIII is the better choice as a gateway to the series. Not just from a simplified gameplay perspective (Ys IX is practically a superhero game), but story wise, it's more rewarding to know a bit of the lore. Granted that the Ys story isn't all that sophisticated to begin with, and there's some deep callbacks in IX that most people won't catch without playing the previous titles or a quick trip to the wikia. But Monstrum Nox does take a lot of callbacks from VIII so it's worth it. Besides, Lacrimosa of Dana is a fantastic game as well.

If anything, as the game is set as the latest in the messy timeline, Ys IX also works as a retrospective for the red headed Adol. It looks back at it's history and how the series has grown over 34 years as well as looks forward to where else it could go.

16. Bloody_Inferno

...and with Ys leaving a massive void, Lost Judgment still weeks away and a good long year before the next Trails game comes out forcing me back under a rock, now is a good time to stop neglecting Persona 5 Royal and give it a go.

Already of to a good start with new content, but then like slipping into a pair of nice warm comfy slippers it's back to the usual JRPG/Life sim routine. It's good to be back in LeBlanc cafe again.

17. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Is Y’s the game series from SNES that was a side-scrolling RPG where you could park your guy on an early level and level up by stabbing upwards into the air to just kill birds for easy xp?

I think I rented that game as a kid.

18. Bloody_Inferno

Yes, that was Ys 3: Wanderers from Ys on SNES and was the only side scrolling game in the series. I played a bit of it myself... it wasn't very good.

Thankfully it was remade into Ys The Oath in Felghana, which the general consensus, became one of the best in the series.

Mathemagician likes this.
  19. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

It got too long by the end, by the last 20 hours I just wanted it to be over. The original game suffers from that a bit too IMO, but the Royal version's substantially longer. I do like most of the changes (ex making guns actually powerful, the councilor confidant, most of the stuff with Kasumi, some of the additional activities, the fact you have more free time) and the new content is all good, it's just there was arguably already too much content and now there's much more!

If it was my first playthrough of the game I might have been more forgiving of the length.

20. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

Been hacking and slashing in bloodborne again... I took a little break from it, didn't have the time to spare.

So, I got my ass swiftly handed to me by Lady Maria of the astral clock tower for a few tries. Then I got the hang of her and kicked her cute butt to oblivion. Well, next was fishing hamlet, of course, but after killing a couple of those fishy things and stumbling into a giant shark-ish (?) thing I decided to back down and went to see Laurence, the first vicar again. This time I didn't succumb to it's lava attacks and after a couple of tries the fire was extinguished for good. Good riddance, that god damn shrieking bunghole was getting on my nerves after listening to it for a while.

So, the only ones left now are the orphan of Kos, Gehrman and Moon Presence. I am quite sure that after I have beaten the orphan of Kos the last ones will be quite easy... I've heard horror stories of the orphan and I guess it isn't going to be an easy fight.