What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

Replaying Divinity 2. Really digging that style of RPG. Might check out Pillars of Eternity 2 but I know the minute I buy it will get released for Game Pass.

Werecow likes this.
  2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Went to buy it this morning, and it was 49.99. Guess I won't be getting it after all!

Mathemagician likes this.
  3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

On the plus side, you’ll have so much more time for activities. Like practicing the guitar!

>.>

4. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

My group of friends from my old job and I have basically been playing stoned Fall Guys at least every other night. Not that it's a brilliant game, but it's hilarious with our stoned banter.

Choop likes this.
  5. Choop

Choop n______n

Forgot about posting this, so no time like the present. A while back I modded a Gamecube for some pretty cool results:

20200707_220413.jpg
    20200707_221353.jpg
    20200625_214446.jpg
    20200625_223256.jpg

I installed a Xeno mod chip onto the console's board so that it can play discs from any region or even burned discs. Now I have an SD card loaded into the bottom serial port (via an adapter) that allows it to run Swiss and even upload games straight from the SD card. Pretty nuts--this is my actual copy of Super Mario Sunshine though--because I am also testing a Carby digital video adapter as an alternative to the elusive Gamecube component cables. It's hard to get a good photo of the picture with my old-ass phone, but here are some examples of it running at 480p on my 42" Vizio. I don't have any comparison pictures, but trust me, it looks a LOT better than when using composite cables and noticeably better than when running s video (however s video is pretty good as well for being a cheaper option).

6. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

you guys talked me into Hades on the switch . just grabbed it

was $30 here in Oz. not bad

wont get to try it until my train commute Friday

7. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

put a bit of time into Hades and its good. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing or what was what for the first hour but worked it out

Mathemagician likes this.
  8. Mathemagician

This is every Rogue-like. I’ve had bonding of Isaac since the switch launch. My longest run was about 30 minutes, only like 8 hrs on it and I still have no idea what is going on. But sometimes I just want to spray skinless demons with my tears.

9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Mario 64 in 3D All Stars! Just finishing off Cool, Cool Mountain and then there's a water level so I'll probably take a break.

The first wing cap level sucks so much harder than the Sand Bird level in Sunshine.

10. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Speak of the devil. 50% off on Steam right now, yes please.

11. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Been on a new dark souls 2 playthrough to not summon for fume knight this time and fight sir alonne, probably will just skip the other DLC's. I bounce back and forth from "this game is unique and cool" to "this game is a gigantic turd" every half hour or so but at the end of the day it's always fun and the hollow female deathcry cracks me up every time. Also grabbed goose game and stilt fella on steam, will try soon.

12. Mathemagician

While the DLC bosses are more exciting/difficult, Idc what anyone says. A lot of the characters are really well designed, the jarring zone transitions DOES make it feel “game-y” but even DS1 established that distances aren’t going to make sense, the view from Majula, and the pvp being super balanced as well as
    working your way down the well to “see what’s at the bottom” is great level design even for a souls game.

13. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I made it through 3 of the 4 BL3 DLCs and.... Yeah, I think I agree now that they're better than the core game.

14. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I want to jump back in because I only got through half of the first DLC, but part of me just might wait for the PS5 port so I can finish other stuff in my back catalog.

15. MFB

MFB Banned

Up to colossi #10 in Shadow... and uh, yeah I forgot how little of an attachment there is to form with that game, so I don't even know if I'll finish it; this one is pissing me off with how simple the mechanic to beat it is, but the hint it gives you during the battle is absolutely useless to help (as are most of them). This is one that I think I'd like to see another studio take the concept of, and boil down to say, 8 longer battles with two or three stages of the colossi fights instead of just the same mechanic over the over for each.

Moved on to playing Ratchet & Clank remake that came out after the movie, whenever that was. It's fun, some parts were frustrating just going back to a platformer that I'm probably overthinking the mechanics of, but it's opened up more now and I'm back in the swing of it. The gameplay does lend itself to switch guns to really make work of the enemies, and in a way, it reminds me a lot of Doom (2016) in that getting up close and personal isn't viewed as the worst thing to do where the gun is your main tool.

16. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Straid is a bitch, Ornifex is a babe....
    [​IMG]

17. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

More time on hades and sucking a bit less now . Improved a bit when I unlocked the spear. Is a good mix of melee and ranged.

still haven’t beaten Meg yet. But I got annoyingly close.

18. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I take it back, Tiny Huge Island is the worst part of this game. What an awful level.

19. Ribboz

Ribboz Enjoy

Really enjoyed Homefront The Revolution. Surprisingly. Then Wasteland 3. Good, really good in many ways. But they consolized it and that created many issues. Back to Underrail. 150 hours in one playthrough, and still not done with DLC or Deep Caverns. Great game.

Do any of you not feel the same thrill in games? Maybe it's my anxiety and all the issues outside the game. But it's more difficult to be completely immersed. And I never feel that same satisfaction. Maybe it's the depression.

20. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

Reading MFB's post about Shadow of the Colossus , I did love that game but felt it was kinda half finished and could have been much more epic. The Last boss felt like such a cop out and a cheap finale as a player. I absolutely loved their previous game ICO and had high hopes for Last Guardian, which was still good but janky and broken abit from my playthrough. I'm guessing a case of the developer most likely running out of time on their deadline with the publisher breathing down their neck.