What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

sunk a bunch more hours into skater xl to the point I can actually control it.

I really like it .But if the idea of thinking of a trick , trying it 10 times , finally making it sketchy and then trying it 15 more times to do it smooth enough , for absolutely no in game reward or recognition doesn't appeal to you , then it i most definitely not a game for you.

It is rough around the edges , needs patching and more content .But even how it is now , its the game I wanted the skate series to be .

soundtrack is also annoying. whats there is fine to listen to but the track list is short and loops far too often. music is now muted

Mathemagician likes this.
  2. Kaura

Kaura with a car you can go anywhere

Been playing a bit of Stalker: Clear Sky after finishing Shadow of Chernobyl. What a ruthless game. I've already died probably three times more than I did in Shadow of Chernobyl in total.

Ribboz and Werecow like this.
  3. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

I'm playing Singularity. Not many people have played it or even heard of it, but it's one of my favourite games and i replay it most years.

WarMachine likes this.
  4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire grossly incandescent

I remember that game. basically system shock/bioshock with time powers. It was a lot of fun to mess with the powers

Ribboz likes this.
  5. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

Yeh it's great. I love the horror elements. It should have sold a lot more.

6. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Been playing the shit out of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen on PS4 (I’m about level 80 and beat the “daemon” or whatever the dlc boss was called). This game is really janky and dated, the story is terrible, walking around the overworld takes FOREVER, it’s RNG/Grindfest in the endgame to a ludicrous extreme, but I kind of love it. The combat’s a ton of fun, it kind of reminds me of a tougher, more slashy version of Dragon Age 1 combined with 2, plus manual bow and arrow aiming, and with the great mechanic of doing damage by climbing on the giant monsters and stabbing away.

I just wish behavior of your other party members was more controllable. You can equip skills and make them take a personality test to determine their general behavior, but that’s about it other than them learning smarter strategies through grinding. DA3’s highly customizable party behavior would have been welcomed!

7. Kaura

Got back home to my trusty desktop pc and installed Stalker: Call of Pripyat. I can't believe I put +70 hours after playing through it once back in the day. Played for a couple of hours and I can't say I got bored but the mechanics and pacing feel so wrong to me playing it now. Shadow of Chernobyl is definitely the best one of the series.

Ribboz likes this.
  8. MFB

MFB SS.org Regular

Finished Ghost of Tsushima, overall its an easy 8/10 for me.

I had read something about the showdown between the Ghost and Shimura, although I don't recall the exact phrasing but it seemed vague, so I wasn't sure if it was going to be a cinematic or setup for a sequel that now you have to avoid deal with them as the new version of the Strawhats. There was part of me that when I left the note for him in his quarters, he'd show up to help crush Khan's army, and then double-cross me as the Ghost and eliminate both his problems at once; obviously that doesn't happen, but it would've been a twist - or if they had Shimura doing a long-con with Khan and wanting to take more for himself, also would have really surprised me. I did enjoy the main story, with Jin's story not being black/white, he definitely seemed to struggle with having to give up the Samurai code for the greater good of saving the island, and as he says in the end, he legitimately gives up everything he has for it as the Shogun takes away his family's clan title and land rights. Pretty fucked up.

Right now I'm doing trophy hunting since I have about 80% of the trophies, and the rest are just completing Tales and then the hidden Shrines one which I'll need to use a quest for. Some of the ones you need for the Platinum are so specific I have no clue how people found them (looking at you Cooper Clan customization). I'd say my "complaints" with the game are:

Every side quest seemed to end with the person you're looking for being dead already
    A lock-on for combat should be an L3/R3 toggle option, as there are times when it definitely helps to focus in on one enemy instead of letting me fly by him
    Lack of endgame, as I've already mentioned, I expected some gatekeeping via level/techniques so I did the majority of camps/forts BEFORE finishing the game when they definitely seem meant for the endgame when you have the Ghost armor and more abilities unlocked

For a sequel, I'd love to see the ability to save armor/charm sets so that I can swap immediately to the Traveler set, or switch to Ghost/stealth charms for camps vs. samurai armor/combat charms when exposed, etc...

Dying Light super-ultra-DLC-everything edition is on sale as part of the PS Summer sale, so I think that might be my next game to play through; but I don't know if I can do another open world so quick.

9. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

When i looked up the Stalker games last year with the intention of trying one again, the consensus almost everywhere i looked was that Call of Pripyat was the best game. What's different about it?

10. Kaura

I can't really tell. They're all pretty much the same. I guess Call of Pripyat is kinda just most polished so that's why people gravitate towards it. Also, even though the map (or maps as it has 3 main areas you have to sit through a loading screen when you move between them) feels a bit smaller compared to the other games (which pretty much share the same locations compared to CoP with a fully new map) it's still really fun to explore the world and hunt artifacts.

I'd still recommend starting with Shadow of Chernobyl. The first hour or so is a complete drag and has put so many people off the game but more hours you put into it and let yourself immerse in the game better it gets. Also, if you start with CoP then you probably find SoC a bit of a downgrade.

Werecow likes this.
  11. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

Cheers. Do you play with any mods or unofficial patches?

12. Kaura

Just Complete Mod. It's pretty close to vanilla. It pretty much just adds bug fixes and enhances the weather effects. This time I actually played SoC vanilla and to my surprise didn't have it crash more than two times and both times happened in the same spot.

Werecow likes this.
  13. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

Thanks :) i'll give it a go with that mod soon. It was bugs that completely put me off all those years ago when i tried it.

Kaura likes this.
  14. MFB

MFB SS.org Regular

Picked up Bloodborne instead of Dying Light, definitely gonna need an adjustment period after Ghost of Tsushima what with the "block doesn't exist" and other typical From Software tactics. Mechanically it works fine, just need to get used to the worlds rules.

15. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire grossly incandescent

If you can dodge a scythe you can dodge a ball or something like that

BlackMastodon and Mathemagician like this.
  16. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I can’t help for pvp, but for pve I preferred a shotgun sidearm to a pistol for the spread. Especially for a certain graveyard fight.

Also remember this password: Pizza Cutter.

17. Ribboz

Ribboz Enjoy

Have you played Call of Chernobyl? It's pretty great.

18. Kaura

I've heard of it but haven't played it. Might try it after I'm done with CS and CoP.

19. Ribboz

Ribboz Enjoy

If you enjoy stalker enough to play all three in a row, I'm betting you'll enjoy it. :)

It's more a stalker sandbox. But there are really good add-ons. It's a really impressive creation.

Kaura likes this.
  20. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

In the pursuit of my life's goal to play every Zelda game, I grabbed the two DS titles and started on Phantom Hourglass. I think I can see why these were not as well received, but not a bad game so far.

WarMachine likes this.