What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

I plan on having another attempt at some point. I'll try your suggestions and see how it goes. But yeh, i might just have to accept it's not for me.

2. natedog_approved

natedog_approved Meatsack

The combat definitely isn't the games highlight. I enjoyed but I can see how others don't. But other than that slight dip (IMO), the game is superb and is miles ahead of almost every game I've ever played.

I also think CDPR is singlehandedly going to save the games industry. Every other AAA publisher puts out half a game for full price and makes you pay like triple that if you want the rest. CDPR does not and ensures their games are top notch out of the gate.
    Fanboy over.

gabito likes this.
  3. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

So I've been playing the crap out of Yakuza 4. I was loving everything with Akiyama and doing all the substories and even the hostess junk.

THEN I HIT THE PRISON BREAK SEGMENT

I now hate this game. The second character plays like trash. The game is a breeze up until that prison break segment, but I died a few times through there and was swearing at the screen about as much as I did in that boss fight at the end of Kiwami 1 with the multiple guys with assault rifles. Then there's another boss fight where you keep getting tiger dropped for 1/5 your life and your opponent moves twice as fast as you. I beat that on the first try, barely, swearing again. Does it get better again?!

4. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Going back and forth between Samurai Shodown, SFVCE and Bersiria.

I guess I've come to peace with season passes when I'm paying per character in fighting games, thanks SNK. Also thanks for not assigning Mina's arrow projectiles into her normal like SSV. Now she's no longer broken and more thoughtful strategy is involved.

I'm getting too complacent with just playing Ryu and Guile, so I'm dabbling with other characters in CE. So far, Kage seems to interest me the most, but he's quite fiddly with a standard PS4 pad. Maybe I should just get a proper fighting game controller once and for all. I do enjoy the V skill/trigger choices that allows 6 variations of the same character.

Though Bersiria is my main focus at this stage, want to try to get it done before Trials Of Mana drops. It feels like I've past mid way and the game suddenly adds the tactical mechanics from Zestiria, which seems a little too late and while it's better than assigning the command to the right analog stick, it's still pretty fiddly with 2 buttons in the heat of battle. But of all the hybrid combat systems in JRPGs, at least the Tales games (or Namco Bandai games) at least get it decently playable.

That change in the game is indeed incongruous. Certainly when you're going for a quick legged suave money lender into a shaved bear with the face resembling the San Andreas fault. You'll almost have to treat him like Kiryu's Beast style in 0/Kiwami since it's more or less a proto version of it. And yeah you'll have to get used his grappler style since most of his bosses are going to be faster than you. Well, at least until the next character change anyway.

5. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I played through the first 3 hours of DOOM Eternal last night. Honestly I'm really disappointed with a lot of it. They took out a lot of the things I loved and added in things I don't like about FPS. Its more Quake Arena mixed with Rage 2 than DOOM 2016 and has some questionable platforming parts, rock/paper/scissors mechanics and quite a bit of hand holding. The change in subtle storytelling where you pick up a weapon off a dead guard or a keycard from the mouth of an imp to just finding them out in the open hovering in the air is my biggest disappointment since it completely takes you out of the immersion. I'll keep at it but I was expecting a sequel to DOOM 2016 and this really doesn't feel like one :(

StevenC likes this.
  6. NotDonVito

NotDonVito ouch!

You know it's time for a PC upgrade when you can't run a god damn android emulator. I tried to play the new Mega Man gachashit game and it's impossible. But I can't tell if it's my PC or the fact I'm playing on Taiwanese servers and maybe the lag is just bad.

Adieu likes this.
  7. natedog_approved

natedog_approved Meatsack

I've needed some upgrades for awhile now. Games made in 2017 is about the newest I can play. Some of those are even pushing it.

8. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

Be best to wait for whatever new generation Nvidia & AMD are cooking now i think. Both for performance and bang per buck. Specially with the new consoles coming. Console ports are about to get more demanding on hardware.

Mathemagician likes this.
  9. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Just grabbed Animal Crossing. Seemed like a good way to distract myself from all of the news and help my anxiety.
    Anyone else?

StevenC, Werecow and Mathemagician like this.
  10. Empryrean

Empryrean Plucks strings

Been playing it with my SO, though its more her's than mine :lol:

StevenC likes this.
  11. Choop

Choop n______n

I have an Intel gaming system using an i7 4770k, which for me is still really great, but to fully utilize any newer video cards I would pretty much need to do a full CPU/Mobo/RAM upgrade to not have any bottlenecks. Upgrading core PC components is both very fun and exhausting!

natedog_approved and Werecow like this.
  12. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

When my anxiety is really bad i tend to go back to games i've played before but still love. I don't want anything too surprising happening. I guess Animal Crossing is pretty chill though :) I only have a PC to game on so i only know what i've seen on youtube about it.

13. Ralyks

Tom Nook is still a capitalist pig, I see.

Still, already feel a bit more relaxed playing this game.

14. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

NO HE ISN'T!!!!!!!

Tom Nook gives 90% of his profits to an orphanage 3 towns over and gives you a house for the price of 980 pieces of fruit on a loan you never have to pay. Dude let you move to an island and pay it off by talking to you neighbours.

15. Ralyks

Ok, I was being a bit sarcastic :lol: That said, I don't know if I'm finishing 5000 Nook Miles tonight now that my kid is in bed and I want to get back to the Red Dead 2 game I restarted.

StevenC likes this.
  16. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Tom Nook 2020

StevenC likes this.
  17. Ralyks

Day 2 of AC. It's been a good distraction. Although it definitely literally takes a few days to open up it seems.

Also, late night whiskey and Red Dead 2 sessions have been fun.

18. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Bout to give this a spin later, once the whiskey arrives...

[​IMG]

Mathemagician likes this.
  19. gabito

gabito SS.org Regular

Cool game.

I really liked the kind of mysterious "plot" and lore, setting, gameplay, etc. The only "souls" game I got to finish, even having Dark Souls I and II in my backlog (I abandoned both after less than an hour).

Not that I don't like this kind of game (in theory at least), but I found Demon's Souls really demanding and I ended up kinda mentally exhausted after finishing it. Couldn't find the energy or will to do it all again on another game(s).

Leviathus likes this.
  20. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

Ooof Doom 64 on a big screen. My ice!!!

Randy likes this.