What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I told myself 2020 would be the year.i finally beat Witcher 3. Or rather, get Pat the first few hours. I swear I will this time!

Mathemagician and beerandbeards like this.
  2. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Just beat Ornstein and Smough for the first time ever. Been wondering what happens next since 2011. Time to find out!

3. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I just finished playing Last Day of June - notable because the soundtrack is done by Steven Wilson (it's mostly instrumental versions of existing songs) - and I found the game to be.... ok. Narrative I like what they did, but as a game, mechanically, it's clunky.

4. puolimatkankrouvi

puolimatkankrouvi SS.org Regular

Started playing TomClancy's The Division 2 recently.
    I like how in the beginning the tutorial seamessly changes to the actual game, the game gets bit harder and you receive less and less support.
    The storyline seems to be a bit shallow for my taste, let's see if it goes deeper later.

aesthyrian likes this.
  5. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Yeah, I played that on some recommendation and was VERY pleasantly surprised when I saw Steven Wilson in the opening credits. I liked the game alright but uninstalled it when I was done.

6. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Started Into the Breach this weekend. I've never been very good at strategy games, but this feels pretty accessible so far.

Choop likes this.
  7. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Picked up DS2 on sale last week, man have i been getting wrecked. :lol:

8. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Pointy Gang™

it's the hardest in the series imo, if only because it does a lot of cheap bullshit

9. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

With SFV and Doom 2016 still getting their optimal expansions getting installed; SFV in my case installing like a dying man's crawl, my options with V is stupidly limited. At least Deum is more substantially playable so finally started that. First FPS game I've played since Bioshock Infinite, this will probably be my "pickup and play" game for a while (at least until the V roster is finally playable). Yeah I'm late to the Doom party but it's great visceral fun. The glory kills are slight pace killers, but not really deal breakers as I'm smashing my R3 a fair bit already since I'm so terrible at FPS games. :lol:

Still slogging through Yakuza 3 as well. The game being called a precursor to Yakuza 6 is getting more apparent. Smaller sandbox set in the countryside, swearing oaths to local gang leader with one of them yelling aniki all the time (even the same voice actor, though he had a different role in 6), much more smaller scale story, and small in content. Granted there's still a ton to do. The transition from chapter 3 to 4 and I'm already thrown with a ton of sidequest shenanigans. Probably why I started playing Deum...

10. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I really lost interest in Yakuza 3 and dunno when I'll get through it and get to 4. The combat is a lot worse than 0 and newer, of course, but more unfortunately the sidequests are also missing most of the character that you get in the later games (well, earlier too, assuming those in Kiwami 1/2 are like those in the original 1/2). I don't hate it, but it feels like a slog so far. I'm probably ~10 hours in.

11. PuriPuriPrisoner

PuriPuriPrisoner SS.org Regular

I’ve been addicted to mordhau.

12. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

They hired Godspeed to do that? That's pretty cool. But IMO, Guile's theme should be a bit bombastic / American. This is great music in terms of dynamics and overall composition, but not the approach I would have recommended for his theme in particular. Guile should have the Van Halen "Beat It" solo of the SF world -- that's kind of the impression I inferred from the SFII version.

13. RBadel

RBadel SS.org Regular

Currently i am addicted to Destiny 2 :D

14. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

I don't have much time for gaming like I used to, with a wife, kids and job you know..
    There are like 2 games I played in 2018. Civilization V with nearly 800 hours. (Yes, 800) and Kingdom Come: Deliverance at about 80 hours.

15. KnightBrolaire

I've been playing a ton of World of Tanks lately. The history nerd in me loves the specs/technical stuff but goddamn do I hate trying to figure out weak spots on upper tier tanks. I regret playing the americans since all of their tanks have underpowered guns until like tier 5.

16. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

+1 for realism then? :lol:

17. KnightBrolaire

yep, verrrrry much so. The british, german and russian tanks kick the crap out of them in lower tiers (at least in terms of firepower). Even the Sherman is garbage until you get the british quarter pounder gun, which is quite literally when shermans became somewhat viable irl.

18. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Finished all the games I got with my Black Friday PS4 (along with getting as many trophies as I could on first go), rankings of each would be:

1. God of War (9.5/10)
    2. Horizon Zero Dawn (9/10)
    3. Spider-man (8/10)
    4. Jedi Fallen Order (6.5/10)

I wish I could give J:FO more, but there's some QoL changes I would make to it, along with arguing that it feels like you can blow through it in a weekend if you know what you're doing; so for shelling out $60, it's probably closer to worthwhile at $30/40.

I'll probably try and wrap up some loose ends on HZD, and then do the Frozen Wilds DLC. Not really feeling a huge desire to go back and do NG+, but God of War would be fun to revisit.

19. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

How's it compare to Chivalry?

20. PuriPuriPrisoner

PuriPuriPrisoner SS.org Regular

I've never played Chivalry so I wouldn't know. Mordhau's combat seems much smoother compared to the Chivalry gameplay I've seen.