What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Played this for about 4 hours over the weekend and had a great time, although it is quite difficult. Extremely not used to having to scavenge ammo as much as I am, and when I run out of ammo on a ship I'm basically dead. Running out of ammo is definitely punishing but once you're on a roll it's a great time, and a cool mix of rogue-like and FPS.

Been loving Armello from the same bundle. I like that I can start and finish a game in about an hour and be really satisfied.

TedEH likes this.
  2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I do need to check out the other games from that bundle when I have time.

3. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I really need to get back to BL3. I pretty much only started the DLC. What console are you on?

4. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

PS4. It crashes now and then, but overall I'm glad I'm not trying to run it on my PC.

5. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Ralyks03 if you ever want to team up. I'm usually gaming after 8 - 830 eastern time.

6. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

After Cold Steel 3 left me hanging by a thread, I noticed I had a free copy of God of W4r on the backlog. I probably should start that sometime this week.

Instead I jumped back to Yakuza 3 and mucked about the hostess clubs of Okinawa, both running them and being a customer. :lol: It's the only Yakuza game I haven't played (bar the PSP sidegames) and since Yakuza 7 is still yonks away, I may as well complete it.

Also downloaded Doom 2016 and Street Fighter V (at long last) with the Champion Edition upgrade. After resisting for many years since getting put off by vanilla edition, I'm back on the SF train. Probably because been listening to the brilliant OST a lot helped, which also the same reason I grabbed Deum.

Mathemagician and Choop like this.
  7. Choop

Choop n______n

^I may give SFV another whirl--last I remember though I was having issues with connections and matchmaking. Could be a problem with my connection, but SF4 runs pretty smooth online for me so I'm not sure if that's it. Anyway, who are you going to play in SFV?

I've been learning DBFZ more lately, is anybody here playing that? Started out with a full top tier team haha, but I am subbing Trunks in there because he is so fun to use--even if he is relatively mediocre in the tiers. Also looking to clear some single player backlog--so finally getting around to playing Mass Effect 3! ><

Mathemagician likes this.
  8. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I LOVE Mass effect 3, I hate how people cried so much about the ending not being what they wanted that it seems to have a negative rep. For the most part, it's just as good as ME2, if not better. The characters are just as appealing as ever, and the leveling up systems and class differences are less dumbed-down than they were in 2. And it's much more in-depth than Andromeda, where you couldn't even control your stupid teammates' abilities.

The multiplayer is really fun, too. I have no idea if it's still active. I would suspect it might be, since it was so good and unique. It was unfortunately an early example of "loot boxes" (you'd earn loot boxes that may or may not have anything good in them, and you could buy them with real money if you wanted to speed things up), but you earned them frequently enough through just playing it that it isn't an egregious example that makes you want to spend real money.

Cool, I'll add you. I'm very rarely able to game after about 7 PM EST since that's usually when my girlfriend gets home from work, but maybe the stars will align at some point!

9. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Just looked up a guide/checklist and realized that Anor Londo after Sen’s Fortress is MAYBE 50% of the way through the game.

Jesus.

My first playthrough on Xbox 360 ended at Ornstein & Smough. I had assumed I was pretty close to the end.

Oh how young and full of juicy humanity I was.

Choop likes this.
  10. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Plat'd Sekiro and started a new MGS4 playthrough for before bed, still gotta find something new to play though, not sure what.

11. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

If you're a fan of stealth games, have you looked at Hitman 2 from 2018? IMHO, it is the best stealth game out right now. It is possible, depending on your play style, to complete the whole game without firing a single shot and/or engage in any kind of combat with the targets you have to eliminate.

12. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Perhaps i shall, i played a little of the 2016 reboot and it didn't track for whatever reason and just assumed Hitman 2 (aka 7, Silent Assassin will always be Hitman 2 for me lol) wouldn't either.

13. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (2002). Wheeew!!! Now that game had some hard missions to get Silent assassin ratings on. "At the gates" and "Temple city ambush". Man, gamers were ready to smash their controllers playing those missions. :pissed:

StevenC, Choop and Leviathus like this.
  14. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire perpetual tinkerer

I always loved the BDSM party/slaughterhouse level in that game. So much atmosphere

Rosal76 and Leviathus like this.
  15. Bloody_Inferno

I'm boring bog standard protagonist kind of guy so I'll probably main Ryu first. And then go Guile. That said last time i dabbled V I was using Zangief a fair bit and had a lot of fun with him. And Urien looks interesting and fun as well.

Either way there is a lot of cobwebs to dust off and I have a lot to catch up on if I want to transcend being a filthy casual, especially if I want to pass my friend's Birdie.

DBFZ is a game I've been wanting to pick up but never did. Maybe later down the line.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  16. Choop

Choop n______n

You're following the path of Daigo Umehara! :D I like Ryu in SFV, especially ever since they added his donkey kick from SF3. I think maybe the hardest things to learn after having not played for a while are the matchups with all of the new characters, but you'll get back to it! I recommend DBFZ, it's a super well-made game. It really feels like a marriage of Marvel and other Arcsys fighters to me right now, but it's easier to play than Guilty Gear IMO.

Bloody_Inferno likes this.
  17. Bloody_Inferno

Oh no it's happening again. :lol: I remember taking up C-Guile in CVS2 because of Daigo. Ryu in SFIV was just me, but turned out Daigo mained him too. Looks like I'm still following his choices whether I like it or not. :lol:

I do think Guile's V-Triggers are interesting to take time to invest.

Admittedly my interest in fighting games have plummeted until the recent Samurai Showdown game, which is slowly rekindling my love for them. Eventually I will take up DBFZ anyway as yeah it does look easier than MVC or Guilty Gear (the latter actually got me off fighting games altogether despite loving the series and music). Basically any game with an air dash and/or roman cancel mechanic is something I'll have to slowly ease back to.

All the Guile talk has reminded me how much of a great job Godspeed did for his new theme too.

IMO still goes with everything. :hbang:

Choop likes this.
  18. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

They added my boy Seth. So now I have to come back to triple upper cut my friends.

Choop likes this.
  19. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Agree with this but I also agree that the ending shouldn't have boiled down to walking down one of 3 paths for your ending. Even if it was those 3 choices, it would've been nice if they just picked the one that most applied to your playthrough choices instead.

That beings said I fucking loved that multiplayer and played it into the ground. So much fun as a coop horde mode. Unfortunately Andromeda's died out by the time I came back to the game, but it was just as good I'd say since I really liked the gameplay of Andromeda. Don't have ME3 for PC so can't check how the multiplayer community is for that game.

20. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

After I finished The Witcher on Netflix I had that strong urge to replay Witcher 3. Started from scratch and I’m loving it just as much as the first time I played it. It holds up today with story and gameplay. I know they basically ended the series but I want another one so bad.

I can’t wait to see the final product of Cyberpunk 2077. CDPR will deliver for sure.