What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I realized that Blizzard somehow started charging my credit card for WoW subscription after I had paid for 3 months with Paypal and assumed that the 3 months running out meant the subscription was cancelled as I hadn't recalled choosing anything recurring. Fucking blizzard. I guess that's what I get for not monitoring my credit card statements like a hawk. Since I've paid ~100 bucks to NOT play WoW for a year, I'm now checking out the anniversary event while I wait for the subscription to expire for real (of course the recurring was set to 3 month chunks instead of 1!).

Anyway, I missed a lot. This nazjatar zone is one of the worst things to navigate in WoW history unless you have flying mounts unlocked, which obviously I do not as you need revered reputation with the zone's faction to do so, which requires weeks of grinding. Ugh. I hate this game. Haha.

I just wanted to play the anniversary throwback raids, and I got my item level up to 380 from 340 in about 5 hours of quests so I can queue for them now. I did the BC one yesterday. It's kind of amusing getting bastardized LFR versions of pieces of Vashj/Kael/Archimonde, as someone who actually did those raids when they were current content it was laughably easy, though! Ah well. Still fun. I remember how hyped we got when we finally could reach the part of the Kael fight where he activated, and how awesome that gravity thing he did seemed. Ah, memories.

Archimonde is still an annoying idiot and the fact tremor totem can't be abused to neutralize his fear mechanic like you could do back in the day is sad. Fortunately they made the fire damage incredibly trivial on LFR. I wish the LFR version had more than one tear-clicking thing, though!

2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I wasn't really following much of the gaming related news the last few days, but I just saw the Hellblade 2 trailer. That's a good trailer.

beerandbeards likes this.
  3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Downloaded Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch. Trying out Heavy Bowguns for the first time ever. Bit of a nostalgia trip with graphics coming down from MHW on PS4 (which is amazing btw).

4. alinas

alinas Crowley

5. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

Monster Energy Supercross

Got it with PS+ and figured I'd check it out since I haven't played a racing game in a while. And I think free is a good price for it. It's not outright bad, but it's from a developer/publisher that's known for releasing budget games at full price simply because they're licensed.

6. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I gave Outer Worlds a quick try the other day. Feels like it wants to be Borderlands and Fallout at the same time.

7. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Not sure how far into God of War I am, but hoo boy is it just what I needed after years of just drowning myself in online multiplayers.

Unlocked the Blades of Chaos, with winds of Hel manipulation, and that means I've also got the piece of the chisel to open the hidden chambers and can travel between any mystic doorways I find. I've taken down two Valkyries since that's all I've found so far, but Kara seemed to go down far easier than G-whatever the hell her name was. I have no clue how leveling up works/if it's even a thing, but currently my stuff is at level 7, and where I am in the game from what I've heard, I feel like that's nearing the top of the ladder. I've also got almost all my skills maxed out, and Atreus wise I'm just missing his Superior (I believe that's the highest?) armor set so he'll be at his highest. Having that little dude chain storm arrows with max stun/damage while I rail on enemies with the Leviathan is worth investing in.

ImNotAhab and Leviathus like this.
  8. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I wish. Feels more like Fallout and Mass Effect to me, which is also a fun combo.

I think I'm at the point where I'm trying trying to finish Jedi Fallen Order and Death Stranding before moving on to anything else. Also have a little less gaming time short term because I'm taking a winter semester class, which is 15 weeks condensed into... 3...

Speaking of Borderlands and 3, I forgot the new DLC drops any day now.

9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I think the Borderlands thing I'm picking up on is more on the aesthetic and audio side than the mechanical parts of the game, so to speak. Stuff like the music having that weird western-y slide sound all the time.

10. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Since starting Cold Steel 3, I can practically be classified by the Missing Person's Bureau as 'legally dead'. :lol: Though this happened to me with the first 2 games as well.

Also finished a YT series that summarized the entire Trails In The Sky trilogy and the Trails of Zero/Azure duology, since I just don't have time to play 5 100 hour JRPGs just to catch up on story an lore that Cold Steel 3 has been firing non stop. It'd enhance the experience more if I played the games themselves, but I'm all good, now I'm caught up and know who are the key players in the past games that have turned up and will come up later down the line.

I will say that I'm glad that I started with Cold Steel rather than the beginning, as it's far more aesthetically pleasing from it's isometric chibi beginnings. The town of Crossbell that was central to Zero/Azure looks great in full 3D. And it was neat that they covered everything from street layout to architecture in meticulous detail.

The music is exceptional as always (typical Nihon Falcom). I probably should snag the OSTs some time.

11. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Picked up my NG+ on Sekiro after seeing it won GOTY at the game awards. At the last boss fight of the Shura ending and i think ima be here for a while.

12. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I HATE how they stuck an intrusive ad screaming BUY THE DLC!!! in Sanctuary that doesn't go away even if you own the season pass. (It's the highlighted ! on the minimap that's also visible as a floating objective through the floor, etc.) I mean, it would still be gross that they implemented it, but at least it would only annoy people that they were trying to extract more money from.

That said, I like most things about that game now. Especially now that the f'in ghosts are gone.

13. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Fuck those ghosts.

Also, I found it annoying in BL1 and Handsome Collection that they were like "BUY BORDERLANDS 3!!!". We get it. Mostly likely, we already did.

14. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

I finally completed Fallen Order.
    I enjoyed it more and more as the game went through and holy shit the ending is awesome if you're a SW nerd, with the way they let a certain character flex their muscles. I really want a sequel now, and considering immediately re-playing the game on the top difficulty this time.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    XPT707FX, Choop and ImNotAhab like this.
  15. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

Untitled Goose Game.

Utterly delightful.

StevenC, Werecow and Choop like this.
  16. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I got far closer to the end of GOW than I thought, as I played for another day or so just dicking around doing side gigs before what I thought was another few hours and then BAM - final fight time :lol: Got like, 70-75% completion of Midgard through my first playthrough, as well as all of Muspelheim done (and I mean, ALL) but I had no intention of doing the same for Nifelheim when I have so many other games to play. Loved it overall, easily a 9/10 for me.

I'm on to Fallen Order now, it's good but tough, and GoW spoiled me on the camera where now I feel like it'd improve FO where it'd be good to have it fixed and then R3 would switch the shoulder side (a la RE4)

ImNotAhab likes this.
  17. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

I found Fallen Order tough a first, but then the combat just suddenly clicked with me. Realising the importance of parrying and even what you can parry against is paramount. You can parry & block almost everything other than the red glowing super moves and some special moves. I didn't even try parrying/blocking against the big monsters at first, it felt silly to me to just stand my ground against them, but it works really well at the right time.

Also, the sprinting jumping slash move you can upgrade to (that doesn't use Force) is your friend against any tough enemy.

18. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

Well after loving Fallen Order and seeing people compare the combat to Sekiro, i've bought Sekiro now. The first Fromsoftware game i've owned. Not sure what i've let myself in for :lol:

19. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Pointy Gang™

better get good at parrying boi

Mathemagician likes this.
  20. MFB

MFB ExBendable

If he's played Fallen Order before this, it should definitely be in his DNA by now :lol: That game has made me go from "Stormtroopers can't aim" to "come god damn closer so I can kill you for shooting me so much"