What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Buddy is trying to get me into Tarkov.

I just can’t. It’s slow, it’s way too involved and I don’t have the fucking time. Wish he’d STFU about it.

Leviathus likes this.
  2. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

:lol:

3. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I somehow thought it would be a good idea to try to document how many games I have - in digital libraries and physical copies, etc. Turns out I have an insane number of games. A truly insane library of video games. I will very likely never play a good number of these.

Mathemagician likes this.
  4. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I literally first-world-bum-myself-out when I look at my steam collection.

Like. Why. Why do all these games I need to play exist? How am I ever going to play any of these? I didn’t even have time for one round of team death match in COD/Destiny/whatever.

Why do I love RPG’s. When will I practice fighting games?

...Por que, Maria?

5. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I feel this way every time I look at my excessively large PS4 library.... And ditto of RPGs/fighting games....

6. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I continued the documenting process.... I'm over 700 titles so far. I think there's a few things I've missed though.

7. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Here's hoping there's a black friday discount, or something. I really want to play it, but I'm still into Borderlands 3 enough that I don't think I'd get to it right away, and hey maybe there will be a 10-20 dollar discount if I wait another week! :p

I love that BL3's legendary drop rate is through the roof compared to 2, where you had to farm the same damn mob and reload the game over and over and over again for each individual legendary you wanted. With this, you can pretty much just run around doing whatever you want and your chances are barely worse than if you sit there doing the BL2 thing with Graveward or whatever. If you're after one specific gun/shield I guess it would be annoying, but I'm not!

I got a FL4K pretty maxed out and now started an Amara with the melee build (always a bad idea in these games). I am not having nearly as much fun; maybe I should go the elemental gun build or just start over as Moze!

8. Mathemagician

I went Melee in both 1 and 2 just because I liked the character design so much and honestly fucking HATED the gameplay a lot of the time. Each time I would swap to the siren (ranged in 1 & 2) and immediately have a much better time. This time I went with Fl4k from the get-go and have enjoyed the game a lot.

I’m still not that great at FPS’s though so the difficulty can somewhat spike during bosses for me when they stop taking damage during an invincibility phase and I don’t have cooldowns.

9. wankerness

Yeah, first playthrough had a lot of close calls with boss fights. They’re way more exciting than bosses in the first two games that you could typically melt in 10 seconds unless you were underlevelled.

I just hate the occasional guys that have one-hit kills and no adds so you can’t get a second wind (ex, the first barrages of the Katagawa Orb).

10. Mathemagician

I glitched past the katagawa boss by going online and joining a game that was just past the boss then I went back to single player by re-logging and the boss stayed “dead” and I continued the quest. Fuck that fight. I had no idea what I was doing and he just melted me.

11. wankerness

I killed him first try with FL4K both times, but he killed my siren a few times before I was able to just hide during the first barrage and melt the armor with some overpowered corrosive gun. The fight gets radically easier for his second and third lifebars, the first one just involves him chain spamming a sustained homing-missile barrage attack that instantly killed me if I poked out of cover for a second during it.

The most exciting boss was probably that first Vault boss, the big ape-looking thing. It took a long time and had a lot of close calls and each phase got more difficult, as should be. Graveward also was pretty tense, as long as you didn't get smacked off the front of the platform and instantly killed.

The money mechanic is still infuriating - the more money you have, the more ridiculous death fees are, to the point where dying once will set you back hours worth of farming. Fortunately money is completely useless after you have all the upgrades, it seems. The slot machines take a pittance (28000 or something?) and my character's been hovering around 20 million for a long, long time. Just frustrating when you lose 3 million a death, and the most any weapon will sell for is ~100k with most more in the neighborhood of 9k!

12. Mathemagician

Yeah I made sure to “spend down” my money on the first upgrade I could afford & wanted each time. It’s hard to come by early on then useless. But at least it’s more useful than in 2. It was straight up worthless in that game.

13. wankerness

I wish they'd put legendaries in vending machines again like they had in the first game. It at least gave you something to occasionally dump large amounts of money on. Either that or like, allow you to use 10x the money on the slot machines for a higher chance or something.

14. Mathemagician

They “sort” of did that with the eridium vending machine next to weird al Vaultavitch.

15. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

So what's the current opinion on Jedi: Fallen Order? Worth getting?

16. wankerness

After seeing a lot of videos and hearing a lot of complaints about the sliding sections, I'm waiting for a discount :p

Ribboz likes this.
  17. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

I'm really liking it so far, and strangely i've hated any souls-like games before.

The only thing i think is missing is more interesting force powers like force grip and lightning, like the old Jedi Knight games had. It's very much a purely light saber based combat system. But there's a lot of adventuring and exploring to do.

The strangest thing about it is 99% of the collectables/loot in the game are cosmetics. I really don't care about what skin my light saber has, when you'd need a magnifying glass to see it. I guess this was EA publisher pressure on the dev team though. It's just annoying because you still have to collect them, as there are stimpack upgrade crates as well. It'd be so much better if you collected light sabers and armour with different characteristics instead of skins. Maybe i'm just out of touch with what kids want :)

Lorcan Ward likes this.
  18. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I'm really digging it, but it's hard. Can't go in like a glass Cannon on this one.

Meanwhile, Black Friday sales are live, so I just grabbed Control, Judgement, Concrete Genie, Shenmue 1 and 2, Catherine, and Bloodstained for just as little over a hundred bucks. So I'll be hibernating this winter...

Lorcan Ward likes this.
  19. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

Control is fun, and the atmosphere is amazing. Some seriously weird and creepy stuff.

20. wankerness

I kinda want to play Control and Judgement, but considering every store on the planet has Black Friday sales and the PSN store deals really aren't that great I guess I'll just wait another while for them to go down to 10 bucks or so. I feel the same way about Shadow of the Tomb Raider, that's on sale for 24 bucks with all the DLC but that's just not cheap enough for me!! :p Plus, now I'm leveling Borderlands 3 alts! Working on Moze now. Her character voice stuff really sucks, but the mech power is highly entertaining.