What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

The Outer Worlds is pretty great so far.

2. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I got about 2 hours in. I really like it! The dialogue and the humour are my favourite things so far. I’m very rusty with first person shooters so I’m making a mess of the combat sections right now. Inventory management is quite easy. Lots of game mechanics to read through and get to know which is no surprise for an RPG. Also melee weapons work great. Levelling up looks very rewarding too.

You can’t help but compare it to fallout/elder scrolls but this is the engine they should be using. I’m delighted I can finally use a ladder and enter a house without a loading screen.

Adieu and ImNotAhab like this.
  3. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

They could've named it "Mass Effect: New Vegas." That isn't to say it's derivative or anything, I just get strong vibes of both of those series when I play TOW. That's A-O-kay with me, since I enjoyed both Mass Effect and FO:NV, haha.

ImNotAhab likes this.
  4. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

After like 25 tries i finally beat
    Hirata Owl
    on Sekiro, praise buddha.

5. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Thinking about putting a windows partition on my MacBook so I can play RUINER again. God damn I love that game.

6. NotDonVito

NotDonVito ouch!

7. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I really need to go back to that game. Its like cyberpunk meets Hotline Miami, which are two things I love.

Been doing Borderlands 3 for the Bloody Harvest. It's fine. Fun little extra timed event. I think my biggest issue with this game is that it feels much harder to play with other people online unless you invite them. I miss having a list of active games to choose from and join in and let them decide if they want to boot me :lol:

Oh, plus a Madden league in which I'm doing shit, and trying to finish Last of Us. For real this time. I swear. Preferably before Death Stranding comes out next week.

Blytheryn likes this.
  8. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I hate the Typhon logs and virtually all the voice crap in Borderlands mainly because the game forces you to listen to the ENTIRE THING before it shows you your next objective. Like, would it have killed them to put the objective marker on the map for the next objective as soon as you trigger the dialogue? Or show the Typhon cache as soon as you pick up the third one, instead of forcing you to stand there for two minutes while that guy blathers on about something uninteresting and then Tannis chimes in and THEN you can finally see it on the map and start moving again?! ARGH!!!!

I'm working on all the sidequests now. I am level 49 now and probably still have 15 of them, not including those VERY long circle of slaughter things. I really don't like that they adopted the length from the Moxxi DLC from 1, though at least it seems like you can resume between the "main" rounds if you take a break. Those things were murder before since they'd literally take you three hours and you couldn't take a break unless you were playing one player, in which case you could just pause but were still stuck till the bitter end and had to start all the way over from the beginning of the three hours if you died in the final round.

It's got its hooks into me in terms of the gameplay loop becoming fun, though, considering how the loot drops like crazy with the mayhem modifiers turned on. It was a really great decision to include that mode on the "clean-up" part of the first playthrough. I thought it was going to be like the last two games where if you want to do quest completion you have to go back and do all the low level quests with low level rewards or else start the whole completist thing over on playthrough 2.

What guns are people liking the most this go-around? I've been focusing on Jakobs stuff (Shotguns especially, but pistols and snipers are great too - haven't liked a single Jakobs assault rifle) since I'm playing FL4K with the crit build, but some of the maliwan weapons are absolute beasts as well. Especially their chargeable pistols, I find they might melt enemies the fastest of anything. It's great. That's the weapon that the charge-up is the least annoying on, too - I find their sniper rifles unusable because of it and the SMGs are annoying to spin up when trying to fight multiple enemies, but the pistols hit a sweet spot.

I have really not touched Atlas, Hyperion, Dahl (with a couple exceptions), Torgue or Tediore stuff at all. CoV stuff can be fun and useful, Vladov is kinda crappy. I forget what else there is.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  9. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire jUsT bUy A 5150

Depends on how I spec my character tbh. When I had moze focused on splosions Torgue guns become godlike(especially the shotguns). If I specced her for fire rate/crit then jakobs, maliwan and dahl whoop ass

10. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I've been hearing things about Outer Worlds that make me want to give it a shot.

I decided I needed to own Majora's Mask 3D finally - and I immediately can feel the differences from the original. It's changed a lot more than I had anticipated.

11. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Spending more time with Indivisible since I want this done asap. About half way in from the looks of things.

And it's safe to say that this game is unfinished.

It's bad enough there's a surplus of characters that you'd most likely never use, but to have a lot of the latter cast having incomplete movesets and lack of super moves is a real disappointment. Fighting games like say Skullgirls (because if I'm going to bag a developer I may use one of their own examples), can get away with post release content, but not so much Metroidvania/RPGs.

I tend to avoid most if not all games that are part of the cultural indictment of being released incomplete on launch day, and perhaps wait a few months if not years to finally buy and play it hoping it's finished by then. I'm still sour about FFXV and I'm disappointed with Lab Zero on this one as well. I would have preferred if they delayed the game for another 6 months and release a finished product, but alas here we are. I suppose Indivisible has a better chance of being completed down the line.

Oh well, at least I now have Trails Of Cold Steel 3 ready and waiting to go. That and Yakuza 4 HD just unlocked too, so there's plenty for my gaming time.

12. wankerness

Outer Worlds sounds great. I never played Fallout New Vegas, though, which is what everyone freaking out about this keeps talking about (saying that was a classic and this is even better). I really didn't get much enjoyment out of FO3 in the few hours I played it, but maybe this will be more my style?

I just never get time to play videogames anymore, so a really long, story-driven thing that I have to remember what's going on between sessions might be a bad idea. I want to support a true one-player game with no microtransactions, though, so maybe I'll just buy it now anyway.

13. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

The more I play the outer worlds the more I think it’s not for me. It has so many of the things I really disliked about Pillars of Eternity. It took me a while to click why until I remembered Obsidian made both.

14. NotDonVito

NotDonVito ouch!

I've been on a Diablo 1+2 kick ever since Diablo 4 was announced. Took me forever to find a version of D2 that didn't require a CD to use, but I got it working. I'm also playing Path of Exile again, but starting fresh on the Xbox version of the game, which is okay, but the controls aren't as refined as something like Diablo 3. I loved the roll dodge mechanical in the console version for playing characters that don't have mobility spells equipped.

I was also playing Metro 2033 for the first time, but kind of gave up since I decided to play on the hardest difficulty. I'm stuck at a section of the game where I can't find any ammo and am just getting rekt. Maybe I'll just read the novels, cause I don't want to turn the game down after playing it this way for so long.

15. wankerness

Played a bunch more BL3, cleaned up all the sidemissions besides the Circle of Slaughter ones. I started off with the Maliwan zone (quest called Slaughterstar 3000?). It took me a few tries, but it was doable (if quite hard, especially the waves with tons of those dogs that snipe you and then jump away!!). However, this goddam halloween event where half the enemies you kill spawn ghosts that will attack you through walls or even when you stealth is incredibly annoying and is making stuff like this far more difficult than it would be normally. I should look into whether you can turn that off!

I discovered at some point that apparently the worst part of the maliwan circle of slaughter is dealing with the heavy shock troopers that will kill you nearly instantly. Right when I turned on Mayhem and hit 50, some random enemy dropped The Transformer shield that gives you 100% shock resist, so I sure cheesed that part of the trial without meaning to! I haven't had any desire to try a different shield, and it seems like I shouldn't!

16. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I've been watching someone play BL3 a bit, and it looks good. Makes me want to try it.

17. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

I was very close on buying it but wanted to hear some reviews first. I really liked pillars of eternity but haven't played deadfire yet.
    What aren't you liking so far?

18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire jUsT bUy A 5150

PSA: soulcalibur VI and Yakuza Kiwami are on Humble Bundle Monthly for 12usd.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  19. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Almost finished Indivisible. Up to the final area but stopped out of frustration since the late game platform sections are so diabolically hard. I'll probably never play this again once I'm done, not even for DLC characters, or even if they finish the bloody thing. That is if I listen to that wonderful OST enough to draw me back. Yes this an abusive relationship I have with this game. :lol:

Also started Cold Steel 3. And also had to stop for a bit. Not out of difficulty frustration, but storywise. This is Chekov's Munitions - The Game and a whole plethora of references to the 5 prequels I never got to play are being volley fired left right and center in the first hour. I had to start watching long recaps on YouTube just to know who the hell half of these characters being introduced to me. Not to be churlish about it since I did wait a few years after to the second game to finally play it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  20. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Beat Sekiro when i got up today, great game, maybe my favorite From title i've played.