What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire War-Bard

I'm playing as Moze right now and she's pretty fun tbh. Burly enough to not get melted in normal combat and her mech is a lot of fun if you use the flamethrower/grenade launcher combo with her splash damage/incendiary boost abilities. She can shred enemies pretty easily ime, though I'm only a little bit into the Promethea storyline
    Also tediore and COV guns are my favorites since they synergize so well with her skills.

2. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Rage 2. This game is exactly why I'm starting more and more not to trust people when they say something sucks, just because it got a 7/10.

3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I don’t know if you’re a monster hunter fan, but the free game Dauntless is great imo, and the anime-inspired games Toukiden 1 & 2 are also really fun. I love when you find a B/B+ of a genre you’re a fan of.

4. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

with the SNES update on swtich am playing Zelda link to the past for the first time since the early 90's . Its amazing how much useless information you really can keep in your brain

its even holding really well to what i remembered .awesome game

WarMachine, thedonal and StevenC like this.
  5. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

I just finished the game last night as well. Managed to still remember everything too, though it got wonky for me during the latter dungeons like Misery Mire and Ganon's Tower when I was getting the Big Key and featured treasure long before I got the map.

Also my reflexes have deteriorated since the 90s. I was using the medallions, cape and the Cane of Byrna more often now, especially during the ascending floors in Ganon's tower. No idea how I managed back then, but getting the cape early was a godsend.

6. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

I played Toukiden: Kiwami and it was pretty damn decent. I guess for me, not every game has to be an amazing experience. Sometimes, I like a more laid back casual experience. That's why I still like Assassin's Creed and Far Cry and such.

Mathemagician likes this.
  7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Making it very slowly through Link's Awakening still.... I made it most of the way through the 5th dungeon and seemed to bug it out somehow? I think there's an order to how you're supposed to go after those mini-boss type dudes, but it wouldn't trigger until I gave up, save and quit, and re-attempted the dungeon. :shrug:

8. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

I've got my eye on that for the future. I LOVE the first one despite it's limitations (and feeling that it's either an expansion short or unfinished)- played through it a few times on X-Box 360.

9. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

The first rage is so much fun. For now, i'm going thru the Earth Defense Force games (2025 and insect Armageddon). The closest we get to a Body harvest remake.

10. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

grabbed Divinity original sin 2 on switch

I think its gonna be great but it is def overwhelming for the first few hours

Werecow and ImNotAhab like this.
  11. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Link's Awakening didn't show up so looks like Untitled Goose Game for me tonight

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

If UGG didn't require me to use the download and go through the process of using the Epic Store, I'd be playing it tonight, it looks so god damn fun :lol:

BlackMastodon likes this.
  13. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I'm playing on Switch, but apparently it's really short so probably not worth engaging with the Epic store.

14. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

I love Rage 2. The driving feels a bit disconnected to the world, like no one seems to attack you much and it would be better if there were "random encounters" like in the Fallout games. But i just see the driving as getting to the next fight, and the world is gorgeous to drive through. The fights are amazing though, especially once you start using the powers more often.

15. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

It's an amazing game. Best RPG for years and years. It even converted me from being a turn-based hater to preferring that.

16. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

One day I'll cave and try Divinity. On paper it has everything I'd like. But now that the devil is doing Baldur's Gate 3 I might just wait for that.

Jumped back into Northgard yesterday. Fun RTS and has a good mix of 4X elements to it while being way more accessible as an RTS. Still learning a lot of the nuance, but would recommend it. Sating my RTS fix until WC3 Reforged releases.

17. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Only played a few dungeons, but way preferring Link's Awakening over Link to the Past.

18. Ulvhedin

Ulvhedin Phrygianist

Primarily just Vigor these days, along with a round of Far Cry New Dawn and Battlefield 5. But the latter is fading away..

19. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Yeah, I played Link's Awakening before LTTP and remember thinking the gameplay was a lot more dynamic and fluid. Even if you used to have to pause to switch items CONSTANTLY. LTTP felt really wooden to me in comparison.

StevenC likes this.
  20. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I've heard the game feels unfinished like a lot of parts could have been way more developed. I'm waiting for it to come down in price. Still €60+ anytime I check in stores.

Its looking more and more likely Baldurs Gate 3 will be turn based like Divinity. I must give it a try sometime to see what Larian are capable of.

BlackMastodon and Werecow like this.