What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Maybe I'll go the same route, or maybe as a christmas gift to myself. I have enough of a back catalogue and Borderlands 3 coming. I just really love Kamurocho.

I'm curious as to who the new protagonist for Yakuza will be.
    Daigo Dojima makes sense to me, and there'd be some interesting things you could do controlling the Chairman of the Tojo clan. Or hey, see what Majima is up to!

2. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

It's this guy:

Pretty much a mirror opposite, the Ken to Kriryu's Ryu, right down to the colour scheme of his suit.

3. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Wow, hadn't seen that. He looks like a chill surfer and barely looks asian. That seems...off? Guess we'll see!

4. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

No more games. Just CFA. CFA is life.

5. Ralyks

Didn't see that either. Ok. Did they confirm if past characters return? I'd be curious about Daigo and Haruka and Majima and co.

6. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Considering the past characters return for the mobile phone game where Ichiban is the main character and he has strong ties with the Tojo clan, chances are likely. The next game is billed Shin Ryu Ga Gotoku, which means Like A New Dragon, so Sega is pushing him to officially replace Kiryu.

The phone game has a cool trailer for it too. I posted it ages ago but here it is again.

Of course this could be RGG studios messing with us. They started the Lost Paradise in Kamurocho exactly like that previous teaser too.

7. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Played Bloodstained again the other day, also accidentally ran into the Gebel boss fight and tooled him. I may be over-levelled a little... I'm going back in and trying to complete the rest of the map before I got back to him and finish it...again. Prior to that I absolutely wrecked the nether dragon, or whatever the big black/red one is. Might try this out on a harder difficulty down the road because I have had very little trouble, and a lot of is just button mashing and correct placing when fighting a boss. Also found a Rhava Bhurial at random and tried it out just to see what it's like and holy shit, I see what you guys were talking about.

Bloody_Inferno likes this.
  8. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

After like 3 hours i finally completed the mission "Guild" on Thief Gold.... such a labyrinth of frustration lol.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Werecow likes this.
  9. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

Started Divinity Original Sin; combat Is really fun but after 5 minutes in in the first city I have like 20+ quests to do.

10. Ralyks

Got to the final chapter of Yakuza Kiwami 2 last night. Definitely finishing tonight. Then debating on waiting for the remasters of 3 to 5 to come west or hunt down a copy of 3 on PS3.

11. Ralyks

And finished I have. I'm debating if Kiwami 2 is my favorite so far. Fucking excellent.

So I'm going to take a Yakuza break before finding a copy.of 3/hoping the remasters come here. In the meantime, I'm trying to decide which of these games I've already start that I should go back to And finally finish:

NieR:Automata (on playthrough 3)
    God of War
    Red Dead Redemptiom 2
    Dragon Quest XI
    Herizon: Zero Dawn
    Witcher 3
    Wolfenstein series
    Okami
    Last of Us
    Needlessly spend money of Shenmue 1 and 2 while they're on sale and continue my obsession with games based in Japan.

There's plenty more, but those are probably the main ones. Help me out here guys.

12. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

Thief 1 and 2 are probably my two favourite gaming experiences ever! Is this your first time playing?

13. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

Stick at it. When the murder investigation is resolved it'll sort of make sense why. It's just a bit more non-linear than most modern games :)

lurè likes this.
  14. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Yup! Getting into almost every swordfight with the guards imaginable :lol:, but really enjoying it so far, love the atmosphere.

Werecow likes this.
  15. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

I actually envy you playing it for the first time haha :)

I like Thief 2 even more than the first one by the way.

Leviathus likes this.
  16. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

grabbed xenoblade Chronicles 2 for my commute. been meaning to play it for ages . still early days , about 90 min in , but I see potential for it getting good

last week after a few beers bought death coming on switch as it sounded interesting ,and it was for a couple levels .but its amusing qualities don't last for long

17. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

+1
    Thief 2 is definitely on my list for best games ever made. I'm gonna +1 that game every time it's mentioned, cause I like it that much.

I haven't had much time to play games lately - but I recently got a hold of Kirby 64 (because I must own and play every Kirby thing) and it's..... possibly one of the worst Kirby games, but it's still entertaining for what it is. It's not baaaaad, and there's some good ideas in there, but it feels slow/heavy, and suffers from some of that early 3d platformer jank.

I also recently got a hold of the first Mario+Luigi game, which I figured would be a good place to go after finishing the SNES Mario RPG (given that I don't feel like paying the prices people want for the Paper Mario games). Haven't had time to reaaaally try it, but it looks promising.

Ribboz and Werecow like this.
  18. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

NA playthrough 3 is the best section of gaming I've ever experienced. As long as you aren't overlevelled and thus killing every boss in two seconds before you can experience everything. I hope you skipped sidequests. If not, I'd suggest nerfing yourself by not using huge damage boost chips or the self-healing ones.

After that I'd say HZD is my favorite game of this generation besides maybe Nier: Automata, and Witcher 3 is close to it if you are into the plot. Especially if you get that "best" ending with the winter cabin. Last of Us is also almost as good as its reputation from a character/plot standpoint and DQXI is really great if you have a hundred hours. Okami is way too repetitive and long for long's sake. Haven't played Wolfenstein or RDR2 and don't really care to.

AND SKIP SHENMUE omfg that game is horrible

19. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Dammit. I got reeled back into Warframe after a long break.

I forgot how addictive the game can be and how epic the grind is!!!

20. Ralyks

I did indeed go with NieR.

I'm level 43. Fuck Hegel. Fuck that centipede looking mother fucker so hard.[\spoiler]