What do we all think of "democracy?"

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by groph, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

A democracy to me is when any human being can believe in what they want to without without having fear of punishment and /or rejection from the government, society, religious institution, or even their friends and family.

Every human being on this planet is entitled to their opinions and beliefs no matter what it is. No matter how much you disagree with it, it is their belief. If you try to take that away, then THAT is when true freedom is taken away.

Like like many always say, "I may not agree with what you believe in, but I will defend your right to have it with my life ."

We can have a whole philosophical and political debate about this all day long, but in the end it will just get nowhere...

Just my two cents, most people think my beliefs are stupid anyway :lol:

2. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Amurrika....fuck yeah...coming again to save the muthafuckin day YEAH
    Amurrika...fuck yeah...freedom is the only way YEAH

I read that in my head like James Hetfield :lol:

Yeah I wish there was a way to get the list of potential reps in and everyone just says nope give me another list, not good enough. When did the "lesser of 2 evils" idea become so prominent. (I know a long time ago) That to me is overly apathetic and why bad people get into office.

The people who hate Obama will vote any republican into office even if he/she threatened to kill your child. (exaggerating obviously but you get the point)

3. Variant

Variant Banned

OUR form of democracy is shit, for the usual reasons, voter ignorance, electioneering, lobbying, etc. Lottocracy, in some sort of advanced, filtering form, would be far superior. The Athenian democracy was a demarchy, which is similar... what we have is, and always has been, retarded.

4. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Yeah the electoral college and the fact that almost every year EVERY candidate is a terrible choice, but you are forced to choose anyways. And in a state like Texas that always votes republican with our 51%=100% system you can forget my vote mattering at all. And they get mad when people don't want to pay taxes or back the government. I think more people would be willing to support their country if they felt like they were actually getting use from it that was worth while. My school raised tuition and it was the students who voted for that to happen because t was to improve the campus so they knew it would benefit us. At the moment our tax dollars pretty much get flushed down the toilet...