What did you get for [your December holiday of choice] this year?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hollowway, Dec 24, 2019.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Thy Fart is Murder

I usually chase storms in UT/CO. I've had exceedingly good luck with hitting powder the last few years.

High Plains Drifter and The906 like this.
  2. MFB

MFB ExBendable

On Black Friday I gave myself the gift of a PS4 bundle plus Spider-Man GOTY Edition and Jedi: Fallen Order as a pre-Christmas gift.

Then today I got a different color of the very sweater I'm wearing, plus a home repair guide, new toolset (which means cutting pliers so I can also do string changes), and general toiletries in my stocking. Got my stepdad a couple cool things, and for my mom, I just paid down her Chase bill by $500.

And the ultimate gift for all three of us, is the gift of my new apartment I'm moving in to on Jan. 1st after 4 years of living back home.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  3. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

Charlie Foxtrot 3rd Seven strings, Zero skill

Got a pair of these

“69”

Attached Files:

4. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

A used Lovepedal Mosferatu Squared and a b-stock Mad Professor Loud n Proud on clearance.

5. r33per

r33per SS.org Regular

We Live In Difficult Times t-shirt, TC Spark Mini, and Battleship Bismarck: A Design and Operational History (hardback).

All in all, a happy camper :)

6. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

From vendors at work, I got a 1lbs bag of what looks like OK coffee, 2 bottles of wine, and a Pete's Coffee gift card. I don't like coffee, and don't drink. One of the reps even said, as they were handing it to me, "This is from (insert manufacturer's name here). I know you don't drink, but...maybe you know someone who you could re-gift it to?" One other gave a succulent plant. I'm not allowed to bring it home because it's toxic to the cat, and our whole office is "free address", so I don't have a desk I could leave it on. The container also has the brand's logo on it, and we don't want to use it as general office decoration because of that...so it went stright into the trash because everyone here already got one, and the people in the space next door didn't want it (or did, but wouldn't stop ACTING like I had asked them to strip naked and shove it up their ass).

However, the boss took the 19 of us (that came in to work today) out to lunch at a nice-ish Thai place since we beat our year-end stretch goal. Since I don't like seafood, I normally hate dining "family style" (especially with asian food) because everyone else orders something seafood-y, so then I end up with, like, 2 spoon fulls of the whole meal while everyone else can stuff their faces. This time, though, my whole half of the table also hated seafood, so it was all chicken/beef/pork/veggie, which was really great, for a change.

Hollowway likes this.
  7. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

My wife actually got our kids some boxing gloves and a punching bag, but I'm slowly finding out the bag might be for me...

Hollowway likes this.
  8. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Nice. A close friend got me some vans, and I think I’m gonna treat myself to some yellow or red Converse. I usually to gray or something neutral, but I’ve been wanting red or yellow for a while now.

BenjaminW likes this.
  9. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

As I got two amp heads, one in November and the other early December I wasn't planning on getting anything else. But snagged a pair of Dimarzio Dominions just before Christmas and installed them in my Jackson KE2. I like them so far and they did solve the issue I had with the bass response in this guitar but man are these things full of mids! Not honky mids though. But they are tight and mean!

The906 and Hollowway like this.
  10. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Go the Ace Frehley route and get an orange and a red Converse.

Hollowway likes this.
  11. Dyingsea

Dyingsea SS.org Regular

Have thought about picking one up just for the whole chicken reason.

12. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

Now not only am I spending a bunch of money on records, I'm already looking at getting a better turntable.

13. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I need new ski poles myself. That Belaguer looks really cool. I like having electricty and water, though.... hmmm