What did YOU do this weekend? (The Weekend Thread)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DrakkarTyrannis, Aug 4, 2019.

1. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Not much, cleaning the house and hanging out with the kids mainly (wife had some hobby stuff and a birthday party on Saturday). After the kids went to bed, I heated the sauna and took some really nice löyly, and then went to some friends' house to play Arkham Horror which they'd borrowed from the library and drink some beer (mother in law came to babysit until wife came home). Seriously complicated board game, but fun - we played 4,5 hours and lost, but I liked it so much I'm probably gonna buy it.

2. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Friday: watched some football, Finland made it to the UEFA Euro 2020 for the first time. After that more beer and vodka, watched a shitty horror movie from Netflix.

Saturday: Played a gig with my band in a small local bar, with around 60 people in it was pretty packed and we had a blast. Stayed for the second band's gig too... couple of beers later back home, had some rum, made popcorn and watched another shitty horror movie, which name I don't again remember because it doesn't really matter.

3. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Played Links Awakening. Shouted at people. Got a chili dog. Saw an Ensiferum show. Played Mario 3. Walked the dog. Was eventful.

4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire chasing the tone dragon

swapped out some pickups in a couple guitars, recorded a bunch of stuff, did some more charcoal drawings, made tacos al pastor, saw Ford V Ferrari.

c7spheres likes this.
  5. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

Charlie Foxtrot 3rd Seven strings, Zero skill

3 hour practice/jam, setup my Wife's acoustic, Put a set of Bone Breaker EMG's into my Heafey Les Paul sig, watched Ghostbusters 2016.

c7spheres likes this.
  6. KnightBrolaire

uggh that movie was fucking terrible. Kate McKinnon was the only good thing about that movie.

7. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis WWSD?

Redid my band website and previewed a new single which was a colossal pain in the ass. We also got a new practice spot so we've been working on getting that all set up.

8. Joan Maal

Joan Maal SS.org Regular

Last weekend : KIDS (...and dogs)
    This weekend : KIDS (...and dogs)
    Next weekend : KIDS (...and dogs)

Choop, Charlie Foxtrot 3rd and Kobalt like this.
  9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Friday: Company x-mas party, got home at 5 in the morning.
    Saturday: Hanging out with the kids and in the evening my wife went out with a bunch of our mutual friends. I could've joined them but didn't feel like it so I watched the latest episode of The Mandalorian and ate a shitload of chips instead.
    Sunday: Friends' birthday get-together (won't call it a party because it was a more laid-back event), ate a bunch of cake again and drove some other friends and their kids there and back home because their car had broken down...

10. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

Went to a wine tasting and got completely wasted.

11. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

Charlie Foxtrot 3rd Seven strings, Zero skill

I gave guitar lessons to the kids (I use the word lesson loosely) then I spent a few hours practicing. Gardening/mowing. Then beach times. Got sunburnt as usual.

12. KnightBrolaire

did some watercolor painting, recorded some classical guitar riffs. Got drunk, watched the office all night.

13. Choop

Choop n______n

Went deer hunting this weekend! I managed to get a buck last Saturday, but no luck today with any other deer. I can only really hunt on weekends so that makes it a little difficult, but it's still fun and nice to be outside in the woods.

14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I went to a viking themed birthday party, in which we drink a bunch and "duel" with pvc pipe swords. I won a prize of these tiny little horn shaped shot glasses. I then went home and got into one of those kind of soul crushing argument/discussions about the state of the relationship I've found myself in.

This weekend was great until it sucked.

15. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Wife went on a little weekend trip with two of her childhood/teenage friends, so father-daughter weekend here... Turned out to be pretty much a normal weekend minus wife telling me to do stuff :lol: I did finally get around to installing carpets on the basement stairs:

[​IMG]

Major pain in the ass! There wasn't a single 90° corner and I basically ended up having to cut it in place. I guess the pro way to do it would've been to cut some paper templates and then cut the actual carpet according to those... Anyway, turned out OK and now I'm just hoping the carpet tape I used will hold them in place. If not, then I'm probably gonna have to nail them down somehow. The stairs are concrete, so it's not exactly the easiest thing in the world either...