What did YOU do this weekend? (The Weekend Thread)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DrakkarTyrannis, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

Them whole unit LED fixtures are neat.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  2. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

i basically spend all my weekends with my 4 kids. they are growing up way too fast.

3. Ancestor

Ancestor Contributor

So far I watched The Cell, ate some Yakisoba noodles and drank a couple Seagram's Smashes.

But I'm going to level up later today after I wake up again.

4. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

I don't think that I've had a decent meal in probably two months or more so with a nice little cold-front that blew in Thursday... dropping temps from the upper 90's down into the upper 40's, it was time to make up a batch of beef-stew and garlic bread on the side. This really hit the spot and got the weekend off to a tasty start...

[​IMG]

XPT707FX and spudmunkey like this.
  5. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

Worked, cut a lot of grass in my own landscaping business....

Make that guitar money.

XPT707FX, spudmunkey and Seabeast2000 like this.
  6. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Lots of scraping paint, and applying stucco patch.

Oh, and new house address numbers. Unfortunately, the mounting stud broke off when I was trying to tighten it...and of course they were clearance, and mostly out of stock. I'll need to drive almost an hour to the nearest store with the digit I need, because I already drilled the holes in my house.

Also rearranged some things to get most of the living room back.

7. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Not much this weekend. Wife's colleagues called in sick so she had to go to work on both Saturday and Sunday, so I was at home with the kids. The weather was nice so we did a bunch of garden stuff, raking leaves etc. Also finally got the garage sorted.

8. r33per

r33per SS.org Regular

Two wedding gigs - Friday night's went down a storm, the place was bouncing; Saturday's was ok.

Out with my brother and his family on Saturday afternoon. They were up for a weekend visit with parents.

Led the evening church service on Sunday night. I was already fending of a cold but three nights of singing, playing and two afternoons of play with niece and nephew - I feel awful...

9. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

apart from playing music my other big hobby is to dance salsa and other latin styles. Lucky in the city I am theres a good social circle of parties to go to. So this weekend had two pretty good ones

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  10. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

It was Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend... so baked a bunch of stuff - and been eating pumpkin everything all weekend. Family deal on Sunday. Cheesecake for breakfast on Monday. New lady I've been seeing met the family. Much sleeping in.

11. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Tried to camp out back with the kids. Lasted until about 9:30 pm.

Leviathus and Seabeast2000 like this.
  12. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

White primer went up yesterday.

Today...
    20191103_182634.jpg

Edika and High Plains Drifter like this.
  13. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

A lot of stuff, but nothing that special, really. I was mostly at home with the kids and ...
    * Installed xmas lights (bought and installed light sensors too so they aren't on during the 2-3 hours of the day when it isn't dark)
    * Messed around with radiators and the water pump that pumps hot water into them to get some warmth upstairs - problems solved and the house is pretty warm all over. Still need to replace some thermostats (with smart ones preferably), since they don't seem to open up properly unless they're almost maxed, but at least they work somehow. Funny thing is, we have two kinds of thermostats in the house. The really old ones almost exclusively work perfectly and the modern ones don't ... And yes, I have cleaned and lubricated them, doesn't help.
    * Washed my summer tires and rims with the pressure washer and put all the hoses and stuff away for the winter.
    * Fixed the toilet seat that I wrote about in the Mad-thread last week. So looks like I won't have to buy a new one just yet :)
    * Went to a friends kids' birthday party, ate too much cake.
    * Watched way too much Netflix with my wife. We started watching a series called You, and it's pretty good. Really hard to tell what direction it's gonna go in, wife wanted to watch it because it looked like some romantic comedy / drama thingy but actually it's about a guy who's super obsessed about taking care of the girl he has a crush on and ends up murdering people who aren't "good" for her etc :lol:

TedEH and spudmunkey like this.
  14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I think most of the weekend ended up being just playing Hyrule Warriors with the lady friend, and occasionally watching the roommate play Borderlands 3. Pretty decent.

15. High Plains Drifter

Got a couple more projects knocked out this wknd...

Exterior garage lights were almost 20 yrs old and in really bad shape. Found an affordable set that didn't look like something from the Ben Franklin Colonist Collection. After the install I realized that they were "tilted up" due to the angle of the siding but since I hadn't caulked them yet, I decided to go back in and make a couple of shims to put behind the brackets in order to level out the fixtures. Glad that I took that extra step to do it right. I really like these and they illuminate the driveway much better than the old ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a leaky faucet led to an absolute nightmare. Should've been a 30 minute job but wound up taking over 4 hours due to the amount of oxidation and the condition of the other components. This made traditional removal a no-go. Had to actually resort to coming in from the top and pulling apart everything bit by bit. The final tool was a set of 450lb 18" bolt cutters. After that mess, the install of the new faucet went quickly and effortlessly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Pretty much idle all weekend :lol:
    It was fathers day here on Sunday, so spent Saturday morning cleaning the house so we could take it easy on Sunday, and then in the evening I went with the wife to watch the Joker movie and ate at a nice restaurant.
    On Sunday the wife made me breakfast and the kids "helped" (ended up eating cold bacon because of the additional "help"), then my daughter had made a bunch of fathers day cards that she was really proud of. Called my own dad who lives in Australia, which was really nice since I haven't talked to him since last x-mas I think. Then I made some really awesome pizza for dinner.

17. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

I feel like there are two stuck-open supply valves missing from the display. Did you luck out?

18. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I was trying to recover from the Machine Head concert in Belfast on Thursday. I hadn't had so much fun in a while and I'm paying the price now lol! Still managed to get the kids to places but it's been so cold the past week I just wanted to lie in the bed under the duvet and not move at all!

19. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire L'enfant sausage

20. High Plains Drifter

Sigh... That made things worse. Both hot and cold valves were dripping but since I forgot to pick up new valves, I just had to salvage the leaky ones. That made things extra fun as I had to endure a Chinese water torture kinda thing throughout the process. Had to keep emptying and swapping out buckets the whole time. I'll replace the valves another time.