What bridges will fit on an Ibanez AX7221?

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by unclejemima218, Feb 11, 2015.

1. unclejemima218

unclejemima218 190 Proof

Hey lads!

(apologies if this needs to be moved to the luthiery/modifications section)

My younger bro has an Ibanez AX7221 that I bought for him as a Christmas gift a year ago, and he's become more of a serious player as time goes on, so I'd like to reward him with a few upgrade opportunities. I'm thinking new pickups, some tuners, knobs, and of course, a bridge.

The bridge is the only part I am concerned about, having never swapped one, how can I figure out what sorts of bridges are compatible, and with little/no amount of work needed on the body of the guitar?

I'm familiar with Hipshot, and if need be I can just shoot them an e-mail or a phone call, but I figured I'd hit up the ol' community first. I am open to other options as well.

guitar:

[​IMG]

2. unclejemima218

unclejemima218 190 Proof

I've done a bit of searching and there isn't any definitive info on this sort of thing, one person from an old thread mentioned only being able to replace the saddles, so if anything I will do that.

Cmon techies! what's the word!?

3. pettymusic

pettymusic SS.org Regular

I think Hipshot has a section called dimensions or measurements? Head over there and pick the bridge you want. Those should give you what you the measurements need to see what matches up and what doesn't.

4. celticelk

celticelk Enflamed with prayer

5. ManOnTheEdge

ManOnTheEdge SS.org Regular

Hipshot are able to do a replacement bridge for the older 7x21 series Ibanez'. i have one on its way for my RG7321 project.

If you shoot them an email they should be able to put through an order for one for you

6. unclejemima218

unclejemima218 190 Proof

Thanks for the info guys, I'll hit them up in the morning and see what they have to say. Hopefully good things \m/ Stay posted for a new mods thread. Gonna pimp this thing out!!

7. amonb

amonb Les Paul Fever Contributor

This thread needs an update... I love the pimping AX threads...