What’s your current fav tuning?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Standard. Because I hit one button and Im in B standard immediately.

Second place is C standard, sadly I dont play that guitar a lot.

Flappydoodle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
C standard

Arch Enemy. Black Dahlia Murder. In Flames.

So much awesome metal in C standard. Ammot himself said it basically lets you be heavy but with enough clarity and you don't have to sacrifice tone.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
My guitars are tuned to E Standard, drop D, d, standard, C Standard, drop A#, and 7 string B Standard.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Standard....christ its weird how old age sneaks up on you like that. The first time you see a grey hair in your beard it's shocking....then two grey hairs, then three then tea instead of Jager shots, then standard tuning, then walk in tubs just to be safe and then finally calling your kids to discuss funeral plans just in case...

BabUShka

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mostly play standard tuning or Eb nowdays.

Used to play a lot drop C# before and still enjoy it. But after I got some high quality guitars, good pickups and a great amp i feel like the equipment can deliver heavy enough tones.

michael_bolton

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been playing 6 strings in D standard for couple of decades.

Have one guitar with a trem - tuned to standard - mostly cuz I'm too lazy to mess with the trem setup, use it sporadically - occasional online lessons, collabs, playing along with tunes in standard when transposing is too tricky etc.
Used it more often when I had an 8 string in standard tuning, played diff parts on those 2.

Choop

n______n
Reaction score
Lately I've really been enjoying Eb the most, so my bass and a couple guitars are parked in that tuning. Might try some D standard again, but any lower than that and I tend to only write metal stuff, when I don't typically just play heavy all the time.

bigcupholder

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's always standard for me: E, or D.

E for the guitars I use in the band I play in (not metal).

D for the music I make and record on my own (metal or metal related).

I may tune to Eb standard if I want to play something from Slayer, Alice in Chains, etc. But having the Helix's pitch shifting stuff available has made that unnecessary.
Same here. I keep a few guitars and a bass in E standard solely for the purpose of playing with others. I need to make more D standard friends.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Drop B, just the perfect balance between being low enough so that single note riffs sound chunky, and high enough that chordy stuff still has definition

oddly enough, all my shit is recorded in Drop A or Drop C :lol: