Well done, President Clinton. Well done.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
You really like to focus on the pettiest part of every issue. :noplease:

No, my focus is on the videos.
His truth telling resume is only a small part of his bullshit factor.

Those videos are from a very short time ago, so I do see the things he says last night as very suspect.

To say last night that the Obama plan is the right plan for america to move forward, while just lately having said that something very different is the correct path, well that's certainly very troubling and absolutely discredits much of what he was saying last night.

He's turning on a dime to change his tune in order to attempt keeping the democrats in power.
It's the only way he ever has a chance at getting his own ass back in the oval office in 2016. Although this time, he'll be the one under the desk.
(unless Hilary wants to get jiggy sometimes and switch places :lol:.

Really folks, the videos say it all. He does not agree with Obama on the economy, but must tow the line for their (the Clinton's) own political future.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
No, my focus is on the videos.
His truth telling resume is only a small part of his bullshit factor.

Those videos are from a very short time ago, so I do see the things he says last night as very suspect.

To say last night that the Obama plan is the right plan for america to move forward, while just lately having said that something very different is the correct path, well that's certainly very troubling and absolutely discredits much of what he was saying last night.

He's turning on a dime to change his tune in order to attempt keeping the democrats in power.
It's the only way he ever has a chance at getting his own ass back in the oval office in 2016. Although this time, he'll be the one under the desk.
(unless Hilary wants to get jiggy sometimes and switch places :lol:.

Really folks, the videos say it all. He does not agree with Obama on the economy, but must tow the line for their (the Clinton's) own political future.

I've watched you post here enough to know that every time a liberal says anything you shove your hand firmly up your ass, grab the biggest handful of shit you can and start flinging it haphazardly...

EVERY time...

It's to the point now that even if you do make a good point I could give a fuck less bc most of the time you're either full of shit or desperate to make *some* derogatory remark simply bc you align with a different ideology... :2c:

You must be one of those cats that believes we're "losing the country." But I guess if Chuck Norris says so... :shrug: :rofl:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
TRENCHLORD (as well as a lot of the Republican ilk) have what I call 'Sean Hannity Disorder' where, as soon as somebody sympathizes with the 'other' party, instantly nothing they say is credible, nothing they do is right and you can expect everything they will do is equally stupid/dishonest. Don't disagree with them; hate them because they're the enemy and they're wrong in every way.

That's one of the things I loved about Clinton's speech that I thought 'hit it on the nose'. He gave credit to former Republican presidents and things they did right, as well as nodding to some of the Republicans who had 'a hit put out on them' by the Tea Party for willingness to compromise "with the enemy". You can recognize that, in your opinion, your political ideology produces better results but you don't need to paint everyone the devil.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ The Obama commercial I saw most recently featuring President Clinton is about the only thing that made me want to vote (I sincerely didn't want to).

It had NOTHING to do with my inclination to agree with the liberal point of view. It had NOTHING to do with a celebrity cameo from good ol' Slick Willy. It had EVERYTHING to do with the fact that it was a campaign commercial talking about what the candidate responsible for said ad IS doing or IS planning to do as opposed to talking about all the things his opponent won't do/can't do/hasn't done.

I remember there was a point in time when McDonald's couldn't say Burger King's name in a commercial. And now presidential candidates can call each other out in the most petty ways on national television and we're to look at them as "leaders." It doesn't sit well with me.

You can feign diplomacy with people pointing nuclear weapons at you, but you can't do it with your own countrymen for want of winning an election which to some folks only seems to equate to a public pissing contest. :2c:

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
You can feign diplomacy with people pointing nuclear weapons at you, but you can't do it with your own countrymen for want of winning an election which to some folks only seems to equate to a public pissing contest. :2c:

Well, if you piss all over a president's legislative agenda for four years, you can then turn around and say he didn't pass enough legislation, and you win the long-game pissing contest! And screw the country for four years, stymieing growth and holding back legislation that would need to new jobs and infrastructure. But it's OK, you can still start a small business or go to college! Just ask for a loan from your father.

Oh, your father's not a multi-millionaire? Too bad lol, try harder. 'MERICA!

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Well, if you piss all over a president's legislative agenda for four years, you can then turn around and say he didn't pass enough legislation, and you win the long-game pissing contest! And screw the country for four years, stymieing growth and holding back legislation that would need to new jobs and infrastructure. But it's OK, you can still start a small business or go to college! Just ask for a loan from your father.

And there we have it. "Oh life handed you a shit sandwich? U mad bro?" is the republican mentality. I see a majority of them as nothing more than real life trolls. Sure I've made some bad choices in life and I accept full responsibility for them. However there are just as many times where my life was fucked over by other people making equally shitty choices. Tough shit for me right?

Ask my dad for a loan? I remember asking him to stop when he tried raping me, so yeah getting a few extra bucks for college wasn't in the cards. Therefore I have to put my OWN ass through college. But hey, slash funding for grants and loans so that I can't finish my degree and have to turn tricks for a living, then condemn me for being a dirty hooker right?

Or you know, stop judging and stop over burdening people that actually ARE trying to overcome impossible odds and make something of their life. That works too.

And no, I don't see EVERY republican as the enemy. I do have some conservative values myself and consider myself a proponent for compromise. But if I'm at the negotiating table and I'm giving far more than I'm receiving it stops being compromise and me just giving up to placate people that don't give a shit.

Bill actually did know how to work with both parties fairly well and was closer to achieving bi-partisanship than any other president that I can think of in recent memory. Probably why misogynistic asshats like Gingrich decided "you got a bj in office? CRUCIFY HIM!!!", despite the fact that Gingrich was probably fucking every intern he came across. (and my guess would be on)

That said, Clinton isn't an angel either and I won't make any claims to that effect. But I remember living pretty damn good while he was president and I remember things actually being affordable at the time.

Sang-Drax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
(...)
him saying that he didn't think oral sex counted as sexual activity is right on par with Akin saying that a womans body will prevent impregnation from rape.

Are you really comparing both statements? One implies that women who get pregnant through rape get what they deserve because they're likely to have secretly enjoyed it; the other makes a fool of himself while trying to hide his adultery.

If only the worst thing MY president ever did was having his dick sucked while in office...

Oh wait: my president is a woman now. Carry on.

I find it amazing how republicans conveniently ignore this fact - and their electorate actually buys it! Unbelievable...

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
So it was all cool because others done it first?
I could care less about it, but it pertains to my claim that he's not so great at telling people the truth.

him saying that he didn't think oral sex counted as sexual activity is right on par with Akin saying that a womans body will prevent impregnation from rape.

Infidelity has fuck all to do with knowing what he is talking about and being able to do the job he was elected to do. Given the track record of the last 5 decades or so of presidents, Clinton is the only one to leave office with a budget surplus, not to mention it was the last time that the middle class had actually started to really rise in median income. Interesting side note, the wealthy had increased wealth as well *despite* paying higher taxes.

Besides, do you really think any politician is really as moral as they make themselves seem? At least Clinton didn't run on a platform of returning America to morality *cough*Mark Sanford, Larry Craig*cough * Fuck, at the very least Clinton didn't use tax payer money to fly to fucking Brazil and bang his mistress.

OT: damn good speech! :agreed:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Politifact is already hard at work, parsing his speech. So far 4 of the comments have been vetted, rating true, mostly true, half true, and true, respectively:

http://www.politifact.com/

Of course, there are already articles floating around disputing other points of his speech, but I'll wait until Politifact finishes up before I give credence to any other sources.

Ckackley

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Clinton could have had a harem of women and men chained up in a BDSM parlor in the basement of the White House for all I care. He could have been getting blowjobs DURING meetings for all I care. He and Hillary could have invited foreign dignitaries over for orgies for all I care... The budget was in amazing shape, we weren't blowing people up, and the economy was rolling. To hell with someone's sex life if he's doing his job. My only complaint is that he did such a good job that when Bush rolled in he had free reign with copious resources.

vampiregenocide

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It wasn't till I started watching a few interviews with Clinton that I really understood what a smart bloke he is. Sure, he's fucked up, but then who hasn't? Everyone makes mistakes, and at least he made a mistake that involved his job directly, like say, going to war with a country based on false evidence.

Besides, criticise him all you want, you couldn't lower him to the levels of some of the cretinous wretches that make up the Republican party.

Treeunit212

Not your bro, bro.
Reaction score
Bill Clinton still is, and forever will be, one of my biggest heroes.

:yesway:

552018_10150999537651863_240756509_n.jpg

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
And still, not one person addressing the fact that Clinton's recent reccomendations do not line up with what Obama has done and wanted to do in economic policy.

You all love Clinton, that's obvious, that's fine.
So why are you all not defending his recommendations on the video.

"lower the corperate tax rates"
"widen the tax base"
"get this economy moving forward"

In reality I am the one siding with the real Clinton.
That's the Clinton that comes out when he's on his own, not pandering for Obama.

Many of you are throwing Clinton's true RX under the bus in your love affair with the annoited one lol.

Treeunit212

Not your bro, bro.
Reaction score
And still, not one person addressing the fact that Clinton's recent reccomendations do not line up with what Obama has done and wanted to do in economic policy.

You all love Clinton, that's obvious, that's fine.
So why are you all not defending his recommendations on the video.

"lower the corperate tax rates"
"widen the tax base"
"get this economy moving forward"

In reality I am the one siding with the real Clinton.
That's the Clinton that comes out when he's on his own, not pandering for Obama.

Many of you are throwing Clinton's true RX under the bus in your love affair with the annoited one lol.

Stop blowing hot air. Please. For all of is. It is REALLY getting old.

Clinton went on that podium to defend the President because there's too much on the table in this election to let small disagreements get in the way. That's what he's all about; Cooperation. In fact, the ironic thing about him is that, compared to Republicans, Clinton has more legitimate issues with the President than the GOP ever will, because the GOP has been operating under an alternate reality for four years now. Compromise is not weakness, compromise is progress.

You may act like you're the only one talking about "the real Clinton", but I've read his book. Every single idea in it has been emulated in some way by Obama's policies or his efforts to compromise with Republicans. His speech was unbelievable, and it kicked Romney in the fucking face with the most honest discussion of current issues we've seen so far in this race.

You're the only one dissenting Clinton's speech because you're the only one with such a lack of humility to troll the best speech we've heard in years.

dooredge

Leatherneck
Reaction score
Clinton is Clinton. Obama is Obama.

I think Clinton was great at building bipartisanship & listening to all parties and finding a reasonable way to get things done. Clinton would be a welcome addition to the Whitehoue in my book.

Because Clinton proffered an excellent speech does not mean Obama will adhere let alone be able to accomplish what Clinton touched upon. Obama is the one that needs to make his presidency count.

All speaking engagements aside, whoever is president, they need to start putting the interests of the US first instead being the self-appointed global police. I'm all for global citizenship, but not at the expense of our own well being. :2c: