Well done, President Clinton. Well done.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
He'll be scoring the pinnochios left and right tommorow when politico fact check goes through his numbers lol, especially as they pertain to Ryan's plan to stabalize medicare for future generations to benefit from.

All this "truth" coming from a man who claims he didn't even know blowjobs counted as a sexual act.
I for one haven't forgotten his disgracement of the office (oval to be specific lol) and his own family.

edit; "the least he could've done was send her home in a clean dress"

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
*sigh* Yes, yes....we all remember that.
Still doesn't change that he knows what he's talking about. But then again, if you're looking for an argument, seek it elsewhere. I'm not biting.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
He'll be scoring the pinnochios left and right tommorow when politico fact check goes through his numbers lol, especially as they pertain to Ryan's plan to stabalize medicare for future generations to benefit from.

All this "truth" coming from a man who claims he didn't even know blowjobs counted as a sexual act.
I for one haven't forgotten his disgracement of the office (oval to be specific lol) and his own family.

Clinton was definitely the first and only one to disgrace the Oval Office. You're super right.

OT, I was really impressed with Clinton's speech.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Clinton was definitely the first and only one to disgrace the Oval Office. You're super right.

OT, I was really impressed with Clinton's speech.

So it was all cool because others done it first?
I could care less about it, but it pertains to my claim that he's not so great at telling people the truth.

him saying that he didn't think oral sex counted as sexual activity is right on par with Akin saying that a womans body will prevent impregnation from rape.

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score

I like how you go almost strait for the ad hominem, with only the usual assertion that someone else will prove him wrong first. (That's my ironic ad hominem of the day.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off topic, why do people still call him president? He's not been president for ages.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
So it was all cool because others done it first?
I could care less about it, but it pertains to my claim that he's not so great at telling people the truth.

him saying that he didn't think oral sex counted as sexual activity is right on par with Akin saying that a womans body will prevent impregnation from rape.

As with all ad hominem attacks, his character, or lack of it, in your opinion, doesn't have any effect on the veracity of the facts mentioned.

Mexi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't think Clinton legitimately didn't think oral sex was a sexual activity, but he had to save face in light of being viewed as some kind of sexual deviant, cause that was SO UNCOMMON in the office of the President:rolleyes:

Akin's comment was a result of blatant ignorance to the nth degree. Clinton gambled with people's ignorance and greatly underestimated our own sexual appetites, so people saw right through that charade. However, I really think he's moved on since then, as should everyone else. I really don't think telling people that you didn't get your dick sucked when you did completely negates your years of political experience and expertise.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Here is an example of Clinton flip-flopping on the whole raise taxes on the corparations philosophy.

Randyrhoads123

Got a 7
Reaction score
I'm confident that most, if not all of what Clinton said was true. He was right about Romney and Ryan's claims against Obama gutting medicare and abolishing the work requirement for welfare. Those were absolutely false. Romney and Ryan lied SO much during both of their speeches. The republican party's platform is 'say whatever we need to, to get elected', no matter if it's true or not. Clinton's sexual scandal is so far removed from anything that actually matters today, it's ridiculous to even bring it up.

edit: ^^ lol talking about flip-flopping from an out of context 22 second clip, when Romney is the republican nominee... OK.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Well here's another one.
It's all in the first 2.5 min.

Clinton says that he supports the Bowles-Simpson plan for economic recovery.
He says he don't know why Obama didn't embrace it.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Flip-flopping is a dumb thing to get upset about. If someone, whether Democrat or Republican, changes their position because they have done more research or thought more about an issue, then we should be embracing this change, because it's the result of a more critical process. It's people who flip-flop because their party has changed positions or to distance themselves from another politician's position who we should be calling out. As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with Clinton changing his mind on economic policy. Not that it matters, anyway.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Flip-flopping is a dumb thing to get upset about. If someone, whether Democrat or Republican, changes their position because they have done more research or thought more about an issue, then we should be embracing this change, because it's the result of a more critical process. It's people who flip-flop because their party has changed positions or to distance themselves from another politician's position who we should be calling out. As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with Clinton changing his mind on economic policy. Not that it matters, anyway.

This. Changing your opinion isn't flip-flopping.

If I think the world is flat, you show me a picture of the Earth from space, and it changes my mind, I've expanded my world-view and changed my opinion.

If I think the world is flat, you show me a picture of the Earth from space, and I stick to my guns, I'm a moron.

Those who are so convinced of their opinions that they are unable to be swayed frighten me. We can always learn more, and we can always change. The world is in flux, and we must change with it.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score

You really like to focus on the pettiest part of every issue. :noplease:

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score

I for one haven't forgotten his disgracement of the office (oval to be specific lol) and his own family

Poisoning the well much? Yeah, because of his past indiscretions everything he says will forever be void. VOID I TELL YOU!!!

I... Don't even know what to say to this...
Did you actually look at this when you had typed it and thought:
"Yeah, this is a well formulated, thought-out and resonable parable. This is such an iron-clad argument that none of those SSO hippies will be able to refute it."

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Yeah, well, the blowjob thing. The funniest thing about that whole episode was that ol' Newtie Gingrich, who pushed the issue, is far more of a dishonest scumbag towards women then Clinton was.

Clinton was always a good speaker. Not sure about some of his policies but way better then Bush.