WE JUST PUT OUT A NEW EP! About Immortal people getting shot into black holes! COME LISTEN!

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Rational Gaze, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Rational Gaze

Rational Gaze LithiumDawn Voicebox

What's up y'all? My band Lithium Dawn just released a new 8 song EP that I'd love to share wit' ya. The title is pretty much what it is, and it's a story continuation of our debut record AION (which is still free on our bandcamp page to check out! :) ). Music is a bit Contortionist/Deftones/Tool/Porcupine Tree/and some other influences people have found....

Long and short: Guy is kidnapped and turned into an immortal super being through military experiment -> World goes to shit and there is a nuclear holocaust -> Guy goes on a murderous rampage when he finds out everyone he cares about is dead and he was turned into this thing against his will -> ...Years later... -> Guy is sentenced to death by being shot into space and directed at a black hole -> THIS IS HIS CUTE STORY!!!!

You can check it out on our bandcamp page and all the major streaming services. THANKS FOLKS!

http://lithiumdawn.bandcamp.com/album/gravity-waves

[​IMG]

2. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

Still jam AION from time to time after hearing about it hear years ago. I somehow missed the two in between.
    Sounding good off the bat dude!

Rational Gaze likes this.
  3. Rational Gaze

Hell yeah man, good to hear :) Appreciate the support. Please give Tearing Back the Veil I and II a listen. There is a lot to unpack there but I think you'll dig it :)

And definitely share your thoughts on how you got along with this one!

4. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

Just passively listening at work today, I'm a fan of all of it, but especially the most recent one. I definitely sent a link to a few people this afternoon to check it out.

5. MFB

MFB Banned

Not that my opinion is worth a shit, but concept wise for the next album (because isn't it always about THE NEXT ALBUM), an immortal being's psychological breakdown after realizing he's immortal and utterly alone drifting through space; also gives you the musical get out of jail free card to get weirder and weirder as the album progresses as his madness increases.

6. Rational Gaze

That's kind of how the EP goes, albeit it is over a much shorter time span. The main character does die at the end :) Would have been an interesting long form study on it though, were it a full length. Thanks for sharing!

7. odibrom

odibrom .

... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar come├ža...
    Nice work!...

Question, is it intentional that the Alpha and Omega symbols have different upper/lowercase reference in the song's tittle? If so, could you elaborate on that, please... It got me very curious about it... it's my OCD side of things, sorry...

8. Rational Gaze

Thanks man.

Nope, I simply liked the lower case "alpha" as opposed to a capital "A". It's mostly just a stylistic decision.

Glad you enjoyed the record!!!

odibrom likes this.