Wat do (serious content)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by groph, Jan 25, 2012.

1. groph

groph SS.org Regular

Had a lovely alcohol-fueled bonanza last night that nearly ended with a friend of 17 years dying.

A buddy, J and I are at an event at the campus bar. After that is over, we cab downtown. There I happened to run into L, a girl I've known ever since I moved here when I was 4. She's with a girl she works with, K, and K's boyfriend, F. We do our thing, have shots, dance like drunk fools, etc. I don't see much of K and F when L and I were drinking. L and I, plus my friend J are sitting down, and K comes along. She says that we can all get a ride home with them because F is the designated driver.

Not ten minutes later, L says that there's trouble and they have to go. I see F pleading with a bouncer. I know he's the DD so I figure maybe there was some misunderstanding. But no, F gets kicked out so I sense trouble. Outside he's pleading with 2 more bouncers, K is a fucking idiot and she's crying racism (F is a brown guy, she thinks the bouncers are being Hitler) and then I realize how fucked up F actually is. The 4 of us start going over to F's car, I keep telling him that L and I will just get a cab back because he's in no shape to be driving. He protests and we confront, I'm trying to keep him calm and reason with him (a futile endeavour), he's actually trying to drag me to the car but I had at least 100 pounds on him so that wasn't happening. He went for my throat a couple of times but I pulled him away and held him off - that's as close to a fight as we got. My friend L has to get her purse out of F's car. At this point, F is in the driver's seat, K in the passenger. They are both trying to get L to cave and get in the car. Then F and K get back out and F and I have another confrontation. Again, not a fight, but me trying to explain to him how fucking drunk he is. L's testimony is that F had a ~6" blade pulled on me. He must have gotten it out of his car - the bar we were in pats people down before they come inside. I was standing pretty close to F and I wasn't breaking eye contact. Huge mistake number 1. I did not see the blade and I had no idea he had it.

Then contact breaks, I'm on the phone with J, who is still inside the bar wondering what the fuck is going on. K sees me on the phone, runs over and starts running her mouth at me, calling me a racist (she's literally insane) and asks me if I'm calling the cops, in a tone that suggests that I shouldn't be calling the cops. Right now a paddywagon rounds the corner and if I flagged it down this whole shitfest could have ended but that's not what I did. That decision is weighing on me right now.

At this point I've walked away a short distance so I can hear J on the other end. I hear L crying as she gets into the car - and they tear away. She caved and got in. So I immediately call her and try to at least talk to her. F is apparently running red lights, going up over the curb and generally being a textbook example of why you don't drive when you're smashed. Now I'm more furious than I've ever been in my life, for the first time I've experienced true anger towards another person, enough so that if F were standing in front of me, that would have been the last time he ever stood. I was screaming and kicking chain link fences, if a cop happened to come by I would have been drunk tanked right away. I was also drunk myself of course.

L is in absolute hysterics, J and I get a cab and start heading back home. F is heading in the same direction because L's car is parked there nearby and she was presumably supposed to stay at F and K's place. When F gets back home, apparently he's not letting L out of the car. L eventually does get out and our cab picks her up. She stays the night at my place - everyone is okay.

Mistakes I made:

- Tried to reason with a drunk guy
    - Drank too much myself
    - Stood way too close to a person I might end up getting into a fight with. Didn't see the knife. I could have been killed.
    - Didn't call the cops immediately, or at all.

My reasoning at the time for not getting the police involved was because by the time they drove off, I had no idea where they were. All I knew was the color and make of the car they were in. That probably would have been all the info they needed and I knew they would have ended up on a major highway at some point so believe me, I am kicking myself now for not calling the police at all. L could have as well, but she was actually in the car.

Hindsight being 20/20, me calling the cops also could have escalated the situation. I could have been stabbed, or if the cops went to pull F over, there might have been a high speed chase. He was apparently going 50 km/hr over the limit on the highway anyway, though.

Anyway, by the time this whole thing was over, my mom drove L up to her car. The mirror on the driver's side had been smashed, pretty sure by F and K.

I also had a knife pulled on me.

wat do

2. espman

espman Is beardless....

At this point, I'd call the cops and let them know about the entire situation. You had a knife pulled on you, that is more than enough of a reason to get the proper authorities involved. Other than that, just be glad nobody ended up getting hurt, things could've turned out a lot worse than they did.

3. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

This, just because the situation is not currently happening, doesn't mean the authorities can't be notified. That boy F needs some sense talked into him either way.

4. simulclass83

simulclass83 SS.org Regular

I'll be honest with you, I barely understood the story because of all the letters that represent people involved.

5. decypher

decypher SS.org Regular

Where was Z?

6. leandroab

leandroab Stay Negativeā„¢

I'm sorry but I couldn't understand jack shit because of the "letter replacing the name" thing. But anyways, don't drink and drive.

7. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

Contact the police, you had a knife pulled on you and you have, admittedly drunk, witnesses who can back it up. Nothing may come of it but it needs to be done.

8. Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk A Bad Idea Contributor

Call the cops. You had a knife pulled on you. Tell them the story, and let them know you want to press charges for the whole knife thing. That's a serious fucking offense.

You know what to do next time. You're smart, and learn from experience as far as I can tell from reading your posts on here.

You don't seem to be the vigilante justice kind of dude, so beating that man into submission probably isn't a viable option (although, it IS a highly illegal one). If I were in your shoes right now, I'd press every legal option you can against him. And whoever owned the car he drove needs to do the same.

I don't know how it works in Canada, but the verbal contract was that he would stay sober, and drive. He didn't stay sober, and resisted attempts to keep him out of the car. The cops should have been called right then, but that's in the past. He damaged the car after he was told not to drive, the court will make him pay damages. (if the case is presented properly...at least in the US. I haven't a clue how different Canada may or may not be).

9. ibanezlover

ibanezlover Well-Known Member

Sorry for the shitty ass night you had dude. F is an idiot. Glad that everyone is ok. What bar were yas at anyways?

10. groph

groph SS.org Regular

Cheers. On a Tuesday night, the Dome was closed and crazy shit still happens. Go figure. Fucking hate that place.

Also I didn't actually see the knife myself but L just told me he had one. I was making constant eye contact with him and I was standing too close to see anything he could have been holding down low. She also said that he had the knife out in the car.

Also that wasn't L's car that F was driving, he was driving what I assume is his car. It was a silver Chrysler 300 if I recall correctly. L's car was damaged where it was parked in our neighborhood, possibly by F, who knows.

Yeah, apologies for the single letter names, the story is a bit confusing but I can't name names and I can't be arsed to type out "my friend's co-worker's boyfriend" every time.

11. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

What the rest said. File a report anyway.

12. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

What the rest said. File a report anyway.

13. Jontain

Jontain SS.org Regular

I can think of a word that also starts with F to describe Mr.F.

Sounds like he:-

a. Cant handle his drink.
    b. Needs to learn the hard way that thats not how to act. Ever. Sounds like he had a drunken kiddy tantrum for F sake...

14. murakami

murakami Banned

confront that bitch, K, at work. call her out and get her ass fired.

15. groph

groph SS.org Regular

Yeah. He was a fairly small guy too. I had no idea how much he had to drink but the guy was fucking wasted outside. I'd love to see him get burdened with a healthy DUI charge. A buddy of mine recently lost his license for a DUI so I've basically had it up to here (waves hand over head) with drunk driving in my life.

This might be something for L to do. We're going to talk about pressing charges, apparently we have grounds to at least file a complaint.

16. Electric Wizard

Electric Wizard guy incognito

None of those people sound like friends of 17 years, they sound like dicks. Just sayin'.

17. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

Except for L, the friend of 17 years he described. (and J)

I don't think her getting in the car makes her a dick, it makes her someone who freaked out at a drunk irrational idiot with a fucking knife.

18. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

Angry drunk men brandishing knives can be quite persuasive. I just read it again. In addition to pulling a knife on you and driving drunk, he also held L against her will in his car and quite possibly vandalized her car. F really knows how to rack up potential charges.

19. vampiregenocide

vampiregenocide SS.org Regular

Would the police be able to do anything? Is there any proof of what happened? It seems like it would just be your word against his and his girlfriend's.

20. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

L witnessed this, I'm sure they could check cameras on the route they drove if L could remember.

Remember, L knows everything.
    [​IMG]