WARPIG/MH-1000

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Nightcrawler, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler thrashin`til`death

Hey, a 6 string alnico warpig came up for sale locally, so I'm thinking of snagging it for my ltd mh-1000 (hard-tail, string-through-body), mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. I don't imagine it being less ballsy then my emg81, but want to know what you guys have to say. I'm tuned to C and play grindcore with sludge elements. Nasum/Splitter/Gadget etc...

word

2. Nile

Nile Giver of the Likes

Dunno if this would help, but John Schaffer of Iced Earth plays in Eb and he has that much balls of a sound with one of the more vintage voiced BKPs. Seems like it would be pretty damn heavy in C and with a warpig.

Of course I could be wrong in my info, but thats what I heard one time.

3. Connor

Connor Guy

I've got a set in a Schecter, similar specs.They sound amazing bass sounds incredibly tight, output is great I'd chose those over EMGs every time.
    In saying that, I don't have an issue with EMGs, they've got their place but the warpigs have a tighter attack IMO.
    Also, you'll have to swap from actives to passives which means drilling a hole to the bridge to ground it, switching over all the pots and the output jack.
    It was definitely worth it in my case, I did it myself. But I could imagine a guitar tech charging a lot for it.

4. Loomer

Loomer Comfortably Dumb

Fucking do it, or I'll come to your house and beat the everloving crap out of you with my Martyrdöd vinyls... :lol:

Kidding aside; I use the Piggies exclusively and trust me they are PERFECT for that shit!

5. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler thrashin`til`death

Tight! Loomer, you play in a band out there in clog country?

6. Necromaster

Necromaster New Guy

I just built a new custom with a set of alnico warpigs in a mahogany body and maple neck and it is really incredible. perfect for doom, stoner, and sludge. It's absolutely monstrous, and the dark sound of mahogany just pushes it over the edge, man. You can raise the freakin dead with a set up like that!