Warhammer 40k Megathread

ZeroSignal

Appreciates Kwolity
Contributor
Reaction score
Eldar FTW :metal::lol:

Id love to put together a proper Eldar army. Dark Angels, Black Templars and Witch Hunters first.

My two Chaos armies are coming together nicely, although it is PAINFUL just how little anti-tank the Daemon army (incursion?) has... :noplease:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, although i still firmly believe you could tie up tanks with cannon fodder and/or majorly awesome close combat units. Use the fiends of Slaanesh for unit killers (with their heaps of attacks :eek:) and use all the Khorn units against tanks :yesway:

I have a thing for teh 'medieval' thing :lol: (dark angels etc... :D)

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I play DOW, though i go through phases with games and music, so sometimes i just dont play it for months :lol: IMO its a great game, fun, but they fucked the story and all the voices and attitudes of the armies :noplease:

hmmm_de_hum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I played DOW for a little while, i've been intrigued to buy the sequel at some point also.

Should be home by monday, so i'll try and get some pictures of my Tau cadre, far too much time was spent painting them :lol:

ZeroSignal

Appreciates Kwolity
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, although i still firmly believe you could tie up tanks with cannon fodder and/or majorly awesome close combat units. Use the fiends of Slaanesh for unit killers (with their heaps of attacks :eek:) and use all the Khorn units against tanks :yesway:

I have a thing for teh 'medieval' thing :lol: (dark angels etc... :D)

Dude, my cheapest Daemon are 14pt Daemonettes. It's not worth it using weak lesser daemons to attack tanks because chances are they're going to get nowhere and then shot to pieces next shooting phase.

Screamers are too monetarily expensive to use except they'd be incredibly good at destroying tanks. Also, they only hit Dreadnaughts on 6s.

As for Fiends, I flat out refuse to use those awful models. That is a shame because they are one of the best units in the game for 35-40pts.

Similarly, Bloodcrushers cost the same as a loyalist terminator and monetarily costs the same as a squad of Space Marines. What the hell is up with that? :wallbash:

I've decided that Daemon Princes are the way to go. They have 2D6 Armour Penetration and a really high Initiative rating so can even take on Venerable Dreadnaughts and win. What I think I will do is buy a Chaos Space Marine one and then wait for the generic plastic Daemon Prince to come out.

I don't like the Greater Daemon models so I won't be using them. They're also stupidly expensive in points terms when I can get a Daemon Prince for 2/3s the price.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dusted off some of what I have, in hopes of painting and playing it soon. Here's a running count of what I got. I'll list what each guy's equipped with, as soon as I get a chance to look them over:

• [*]15 Deathwing Terminators
    [*]10 Dark Angels Space Marines
    [*]10 Ultramarines
    [*]5 Dark Angels Company Veterans
    [*]5 Dark Angels Space Marines; Devastator Squad
    [*]1 Dark Angels Apothecary
    [*]1 Black Reach Space Marine Captain
    [*]1 Dark Angels Librarian
    [*]1 Deathwing Terminator Captain
    [*]1 Space Marine Land Speeder
    [*]1 Deathwing Dreadnought

Last night I ordered a few bits, including:

heads, shoulders, and robed legs to covert a few of my loose Space Marines into full fledged Dark Angels
badges, etc. to convert 3 standard Space Marine Dreadnoughts into Deathwing Dreadnoughts

I'm hoping to get a deal on another one or two Dreadnoughts, to use up the rest of the conversion stuff I ordered. If I can only get one, I might just save up and get the Venerable Dreadnought as my third choice. :metal:

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
sorry for the bump...Pulled out my traitor witch hunter / daemon hunters /ig army this weekend as I am moving the 'human' part on ebay currently(lot of converting with abhumans) and wasnt happy with my inquisitor squad....decided to paint up a new inquisitor lord....not too shabby if i may say so myself.
0809091135.jpg

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
:eek: Dude, that looks just incredible! My painting skills have always been hideously sub-par im afraid :(

I really need to sell all my stuff and start from scratch TBH, i need to perfectly tailor an army i think :yesway:

JunkMan

The Man Of Shred
Reaction score
i have a 2000 piont exactly deathwing army (terminators, land rainders, dreadanoghts)

all i can say is, people swear when they see 25 terminators, 3 dreads and a landraider on the bored lol

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ One of my 3 favorite armies :D

Dark Angels, Witch Hunters, Black Templars :metal: The three most fervently, violently faithful armies in the 40k world no less :lol:

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
sorry for the bump...Pulled out my traitor witch hunter / daemon hunters /ig army this weekend as I am moving the 'human' part on ebay currently(lot of converting with abhumans) and wasnt happy with my inquisitor squad....decided to paint up a new inquisitor lord....not too shabby if i may say so myself. >>> PIC SNIP <<<

Nice :)

Very similar to one I used to field, except I went for the Thunder Hammer approach and some of the very early DH Inquisitor models. More pics !

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just ordered Interrogator Chaplain Asmodai, Standard Bearer, and Company Master.

Speaking of fucking shit up, did I mention I get to use those Deathwing Terminators as standard troop units. Yeah, so I'm going to be picking up another squad of those, with lightning claws. :fawk:

i have a 2000 piont exactly deathwing army (terminators, land rainders, dreadanoghts)

all i can say is, people swear when they see 25 terminators, 3 dreads and a landraider on the bored lol

:wub:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Terminators are lovely indeed, but i always feel the need to have something faster moving as well. I need to dig out my old army lists :lol:

I'm really itching to play a massive 8,000 point each game or something, fuck that would be fun :wub::evil:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wait till you see the board+terrain I'm building. That'll fit an 8,000 point game, with room to spare.

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score