Wah for soloing

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Judge_Dredd, Sep 21, 2020.

1. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Check out the Dunlop Q-Zone for that. I have two of them and they are perfect. I have the Old 3 knob pre Kerry King version, not sure out the 4 knob one.

2. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

- FWIW, I'd be really surprised if it was actually anything different than the older versions. I'm guessing it's a marketing thing. The buffer inside my older version sounds and feels fine. I've never had a complaint about it's tone or feel etc. If it is actually an improved buffer that would be cool, but I have my doubts. Morley has relabeled and repackaging it's products many times. They use to call the buffer a "clear tone" buffer. So it's likely just a name change.
    - They did a similar thing to the Bad Horsie and Bad Horsie 2 when Vai started to endorse it.
    - Marketing hype, imo. For the price buy 2 used one's instead.

3. Judge_Dredd

Judge_Dredd SS.org Regular

Thanks for the responses! I bought the Bad Horsie wednesday en it arrived just in time for band practice yesterday. Sounds great and just what I was looking for. I really like the range and sweep. And the switchless operation of course.
    And I'm glad I bought the 20/20 just because of the size. It's a lot smaller than the original but not so small that it affects the ease of operation. (I have a defunct 80's morley wah, never worked, got it for free with some other effects).

[​IMG]

4. Judge_Dredd

I notice that it seems that all the range of the wah in contour mode is in the first half of turning the footboard. After that the tone doesn't seem to change much. Is this normal? In Bad Horsie mode everything is allright.

Edit: It seems that it's not as bad if I use a power supply in stead of the battery. Maybe it is the battery

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  5. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

I never noticed that with mine, but I have the older original version. Maybe something is actually different inside the new ones?

6. Judge_Dredd

Yeah I guess. Maybe the cutout of the optical switch. But it seems way better with the power supply. Maybe the battery is a bit faulty. I have found a useful setting now. Also I now notice the setting of the contour mod comes very precise.