Volumes and guests show in Birmingham, AL

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by MetalheadMC, Dec 12, 2015.

1. MetalheadMC

MetalheadMC SS.org Regular

Volumes played this past Thursday night in Birmingham at Zydeco. They put on a great performance. Joe Buras (from BoO) was the special guest with them and he did a phenomenal job overall.

I don't know the name of the local band that played but they were pretty good. After them was a Japanese band called Coldrain and they were legit! They were definitely the most diverse, and put on one hell of a show. If you haven't heard of them, youtube them!

Cane Hill played after them and they were very good too imo.

Northlane was up next and they brought it also. Worked the crowd and did a phenomenal job. Then volumes came out. Weed was in the air even though youre not allowed to smoke inside hahaha but they brought their A game.

Granted this was my first show in about 2-3 years. What the hell happened to mosh pits? There was an open circle all night, but the only kind of "moshing" that happened was kids trying to be Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse on speed.

Apparently I'm behind the times as far as the scene goes, but overall, if you want to see a good, heavy show soon, check this tour out! :hbang:

2. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

Went to the show booked here in my city. Definitely one of the best shows that I've been to in a long time. (Volumes was booked here back in May, so getting them again was a treat. Might try to make it a regular thing and keep good rep established with the band and their booking agency.)

Northlane was the headliner though and last to perform. Not Volumes. Either way, both bands absolutely killed it. Second time having Volumes here - and it was the second time that they turned the entire floor of the venue into an open pit. Almost nowhere was safe except for the very front of the house by the soundboard. (That consistency counts, right? Haha.) Everyone was lovin' it. The news of a new Volumes album in 2016 was a cool announcement.

I've been looking forward to seeing Coldrain for awhile now. They were absolutely amazing in performance. Impeccable songwriting and execution in the live setting. It was an honor to be able to see them on their first-ever USA tour and to shake hands and hug some of the guys. Seriously, seeing them was the highlight of my night. I'll be sure to catch them when they return to the USA again.

3. MetalheadMC

Hell yeah! I would definitely love to see Coldrain again. Their energy was impeccable. Needless to say, the crowd didn't feel the same because the scene around here blows, but they have a bright future ahead of them if they stay on the pace they're going.

4. Fat-Elf

Fat-Elf Banned

I saw Volumes and Northlane last month. Both we're great but I'm really jealous that you got to see Volumes as the last band. :D

5. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

No one moshes in Birmingham for some reason. This town is such a virgin when it comes to metal, but thankfully we've getting some sick bands the past couple years.

6. MetalheadMC

Hahaha yeah they were sick. The crowd responded most with them more than northlane. As soon as volumes came on, crowd seriously came alive.

Did anyone else see Joe Buras? Or did yall get Michael Lessard?

7. MetalheadMC

Yeah.very true and sad. We got to "mosh" seriously when volumes came on, but before that, it was just a karate type competition

8. akinari

akinari SS.org Regular

Last time there was a decent crowd at Zydeco was Terror, Red Chord and Acacia Strain about 5 years ago. 5 Points Music Hall had some really rowdy shows back in the day.

9. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

Actually man, they have been around for awhile. Their next album will probably be celebrating a decade of the band.

10. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

That's the hardcore scene. Mosh guaranteed or your money back.

11. Fat-Elf

Fat-Elf Banned

Sadly, we didn't get Joe during the European leg of the tour. :(

12. MetalheadMC

Wow. Thanks for that info. Hate that I've missed them for so long.:metal:

13. -One-

-One- Not So Kool-Aid

Is Mike filling in now? That's awesome, dude is a great vocalist. Not sure if his vocals will fit for Volumes, but I'm glad they've got someone talented doing it :yesway:

14. MetalheadMC

Might have been a one or 2 show thing in Europe.