VOLA - Melodic, Progressive, Avant-Garde Metal

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by SeditiousDissent, Mar 19, 2015.

1. BlackFalcon17

BlackFalcon17 SS.org Regular

Damn, that bass sounds so mean :hbang: Can't wait for the new album!

aesthyrian likes this.
  2. coreysMonster

coreysMonster Abrakadabro

YES! Finally more VOLA. :hbang:

Anon E. Moose and aesthyrian like this.
  3. Backsnack

Backsnack Many strings

I've had their material on repeat since about 2017 when they popped up in my Spotify feed. Looking forward to the new album.

4. goherpsNderp

goherpsNderp no refutin' rasputen

Wow, that sounds excellent, though I don't care for the cyber voice stuff at the beginning. Not gonna get my hopes up, but it would be really great if the new album was like Inmazes.

That last one I didn't like at all.... not even a little tiny bit. Just seemed so different and away from my tastes compared to their first, and nothing about it clicked or sounded appealing.

Pietjepieter likes this.
  5. Pietjepieter

Pietjepieter SS.org Regular

feeling the same way, I liked inmazes, but applaus i didn't like at all!
    Give up on the band, but after hearing this new song, i think i should check out the new album, sounds killer!

6. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

I'm on the same page as you about the last album. I didn't even download it. I do like the song Alien Shivers though.

As for the cyber voice, I do like it in this song.

7. Xplozive

Xplozive SS.org Regular

The new Vola album is out 'Witness' and it is absolutely incredible. Nobody sleep on this album.

The mix is so good. The bass hits hard and the guitar tones are on point along with the vocal melodies. I'm in love with this band

8. rokket2005

rokket2005 SS.org Regular

Yeah, I preordered it about a month ago and had been listening to the first 4 songs pretty regularly since then. I really loved Applause and it was one of my favorite albums the year it came out, and in some regards this album seems to be a continuation of sorts, simpler song structures/parts, less djenty monsters/inmazes riffing, only clean vocals as far as I can remember at the moment aside from the vocoder stuff on Head Mounted Sideways. I really like it as a whole, though it does seem very comfortable and there aren't a ton of things that jumped out or grabbed me right away upon first listen, aside from the "rapping" on These Black Claws of course. Big riffs, catchy vocal melodies, nice, if understated synth textures, it seems like an album that an A&R guy would call "mature." A great rock record in my book, not exactly metal if that what people are expecting, and maybe not for the people who didn't give Applause a shot either.

9. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

Absolutely in love with it so far. There are so many songs on it that feel like entirely different bands. Less weird than some of the Applause stuff was, more catchy, but when they go heavy, the go really fucking heavy :D Favourite track so far is "These black claws".

10. coreysMonster

coreysMonster Abrakadabro

I listened to Straight Lines for about 5 hours today. I can't wait to hear what track 2 sounds like (jk I listened to the whole album, it's pretty damn good).

Favorite track atm after listening to the first one to death is probably Future Bird. It just hits in a way I wasn't expecting, and really enjoy.

aesthyrian likes this.