Vildhjarta thread!!

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by ZeroCool, Sep 1, 2011.

1. TheBloodstained

TheBloodstained Casual music entusiast

...I wish I could achieve a similar tone with my Pod HD Pro! >.<

I guess I don't have the patience to sit down and dial in something useful :(

2. seyd

seyd Well-Known Member

3. fungwabus117

fungwabus117 SS.org Regular

Please share a patch for the love of thall!!! I still can't believe this is a pod xt.

4. The Reverend

The Reverend GHETTO KING OF SWAG

I've always been impressed with how Vildhjarta can manage to wrangle great tones out of the POD XT. I had one for about two years, I think, and never got something so massive sounding.

5. seyd

seyd Well-Known Member

i will share the tone let me just finish this shit first =)

however, as i stated earlier this is a heavy post processed tone, you will not get this exact tone out of the pod..our old guitarist jimmie is building pedals for us now so we can bring this tone to a live stage

6. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I'm sure it's much like meshuggah's pod xt patches were, where it sounds like nothing until you throw the bass and additional guitar overdubs on top of it. I'm guessing the patches are pretty dull and probably not even very high-gain and everyone bothering poor Seyd here is going to be mad at him when they try them out and don't sound anything like Vildhjarta!

7. cek

cek New Member

I loved the Omnislash ep greatly, listened hundreds of times.. but I have to say the new album (new and new - Måsstaden, Im just far behind as metal isnt my main "genre" and as working as a music producer in other genres) was quite the disappointment to me.

The thing I loved about them was the combination of the ambient feel with the reverberated guitars and breakdowns along with the big uplifting parts with (or without) singing. Aswell as the parts driven more by rhythm rather than melody ('Deceit' - the 2009 version - is a great example of this).

I feel that this isnt in the new album at all, and the new versions of the 2009 records disappointed me quite a bit. I do love screaming as much as any other dude on here but I think they exaggerated it in comparison to their older works. Some tracks were just meant to be instrumental in my opinion.

so I guess the question that follows this is:

Are there any other bands that you would recommend me (taking the above into account) to check out? Especially considering that I dont know much about the genre, as I learnt the term "djent" today

p.s, sorry for the uneducated wording regarding some of the musical aspects. I am not very familiar with the production and tbh metal in general, I am merely a huge fan of this type of music :)

8. wankerness

Animals as Leaders, Cloudkicker, Chimpspanner are instrumental and often labelled as "Djent." Try Animals as Leader's self-titled, and check out some of Chimpspanner's early stuff (The "Terminus" songs in particular might be what you're looking for).

That original version of Deceit sounds more like later Meshuggah than those aforementioned bands though IMO. You might want to check out Obzen or Catch 33 if you aren't familiar with them, though they also are very heavy on the screaming.

9. cek

cek New Member

First off thanks for taking the time to post about this :)

I listened to the video you posted and I think it was quite good, although I must say Im more into the "melancholic" sound of Vildhjarta rather than this which I guess I would describe more as "dreaming" if that makes sense? haha.

Anyway, I will check out the other bands you recommended. And no Im not familiar with any of these bands actually, I really dont know much about this music, I just appreciate it a lot. Thanks again!

10. brick

brick artist & musician

The album Danza 4: The Alpha and the Omega might be what youre looking for. Check out the songs "Disconnecting Pt. 1" and "This cut was the deepest".

Definitely check out Catch-33 by Meshuggah. Try the songs "Sum" and "In Death-Is Life"

Also Check out Februus by Uneven Structure. Try the songs "Frost" and "Hail"

11. seyd

seyd Well-Known Member

i do think we are pretty alone in djent on the melancholic aspect, altho i cant say i can keep track of all djentbands nowadays..

släng på katatonia så har du allt du behöver ändå ;)

12. cek

cek New Member

kul att du svarade, hoppas du/ni inte tog illa vid er! och tack för tipset :) önskar er lycka till!!!

sorry for the swedish, haha...

13. fungwabus117

fungwabus117 SS.org Regular

Hi seyd I have a question. I keep reading that the tone for thousands of evils is more "host-processed" but what does that actually mean? was masstaden 100% pod?

14. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

And still no Pod XT tone yet!!!!!!

15. wankerness

POST processed as in the raw sound that is produced by a single guitar through the pod is probably pretty awful and it's saved via overdubs of the same guitar part (possibly using slightly altered versions of the patch), EQ, other compression, and any other effects they add to that raw track. There's a ton of possible stuff that falls under "post-processing" and can make something that initially sounded pretty lame sound amazing. I don't think anything that's recorded with a POD is truly "100% pod" as in no external plugins of any sort were used on it, that generally just means that's the only hardware effects unit they used and no amps were involved. Even if everything was recorded through a POD they surely did a ton of stuff to it with software.

16. seyd

seyd Well-Known Member

Hello fungawabususususu45343
    måsstaden was indeed 100% pod, im quite certain however that Bogren added compression to them. i didnt even eq touch them..

this time around however, as i have stated, the guitars are heavily processed..we have been working with our ex guitarist jimmie to turn that post-procession into a box for live purposes https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/994155_530625516986874_693798476_n.jpg

as others have stated in this thread yes you will most likely be disappointed with my patches unless you are specifically after that måsstaden guitarsound

we are final tracking the vocals right now, handing in the master in a week or so then we're gonna apply pressure on century to get this shit out asap, sorry for taking time guys =(

17. Wings of Obsidian

Wings of Obsidian Banned

Take your time, bro. You guys are kicking ass! All day, every day! :hbang:

18. guy in latvia

guy in latvia SS.org Regular

Would be nice to see you guys again at Brutal Assault, maybe next year. \m/ thall crew \m/

19. hypotc

hypotc SS.org Regular

So its turned in now? :D

20. Dayviewer

Dayviewer Mr. Djelecaster