Vik Guitars Discussion

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by leonardo7, Nov 26, 2013.

1. TIBrent

TIBrent Drop Z regular

I spent a great deal of time hanging with Vik & Dave this year & I have to say, if more people could hear Vik's sense of humor, the world would be a better place. He told A LOT of jokes that were really REALLY funny, but if they were to be typed out on the screen with no personal inflection behind them, they could have been taken WAY out of context...but then again 99% of what I say could be too.
    Bottom line, I like the guy, a lot! & He makes amazing guitars & he is one funny SOB.

2. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

Translation: "I'm too week in my morals to stand-up against bigotry and it bothers me that people are calling me on it and won't let me sweep it under the rug."

There's a reason I don't shop at Hobby Lobby or eat at Chick-Fil-A.

3. TemjinStrife

TemjinStrife Power Metal Cellist

Too bad he can't deliver guitars on time and unilaterally cancels customer builds when they complain about it.

Too bad he also lets people whose orders are years old languish while finishing more profitable builds with his newer pricing.

Too bad he took a customer's almost-finished guitar to NAMM without that customer's permission (or even notifying him) and then hasn't delivered that guitar despite it being over a year later.

"He's a good guy" doesn't always cut it. :2c:

4. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

Err... nope. :lol:

5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Mah dude. :lol:

6. canuck brian

canuck brian Bowes Guitars Contributor

When you state that nature will take its course when talking about hating gay people, there's really not much to take out of context.

7. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

It's also easy to 'not be offended' when you aren't the butt of the joke or currently being screwed by him in some other way.

8. sehnomatic

sehnomatic SS.org Regular

9. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Is he a member of our forum?

10. TIBrent

TIBrent Drop Z regular

Naw sorry I don't buy that, EVERYTHING can be taken out of context

11. MetalDaze

MetalDaze Repless in Seattle

Is it just me or do the )) that he uses look like butt cheeks? :lol:

12. TIBrent

TIBrent Drop Z regular

13. TIBrent

TIBrent Drop Z regular

No, but this sounds to me like a...'woah can't take a joke people? okay...well I guess do what you are going to do & be safe about it' reply.

14. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Where is the joke?

"Oh, look at that Brent fella trying to defend his homeboy."

"Perhaps mother nature will fix the situation and make him not exist anymore."

HAHAHAHA Funny joke!

Come on man, you know that's not what it is. You're not an idiot.

You guys remind me of the fellas defending Bernie Rico Jr. I get it, Vik is your buddy. You've shared laughs and beers and guitars, etc. I have friends who I'll defend no matter how wrong they are (within reason of course). But you can't sit here and say everything is kosher or nothing wrong was done or that he's not a little homophobic/an asshole. I say that sitting here as an asshole.

I know you think you're doing the right thing, sticking up for your buddy, but coming up with these ridiculous excuses just makes it look more embarrassing than it actually is, and it's quite embarrassing.

Do you, as an "insider" know what's up with Eric's guitar? I miss Eric, I wish he posted more again. :( Now that's someone I'd stick up for.

15. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

On a personal level maybe. Just one of many douche bags in the world as far as that's concerned. However, insulting potential clients is monumentally stupid even if it wasn't offensive (and it absolutely is).

I'm sorry, but snapping a pic of a lady at his booth and then making mention of double penetration is just not okay at all. I'm sure she is completely unaware of what sort of comment her face is attached to (libel?) and I sincerely doubt she'd be okay with it even if he were just a stranger. Maybe he does have 'off the cuff' humor (doubtful given his tirades), but you don't execute it on your companies page. Even if it were unfair to call him a bigot it'd be completely fair to call the guy a moron with zero business sense whatsoever (especially with the way he treats his actual customers).

My sense of humor goes right along side the likes of Louie CK. I too would be a moron if I made a bunch of inappropriate comments/jokes about people or politically charged commentary/jokes at my place of business (whether in person or on the web). You know what you do with your 'off the cuff' humor? Save it for the bar like every other sane person in the world.

16. MJS

MJS .

The funny thing is that straight people pretending to be superheros to the gay community can't seem to help but use gay as an insult while doing so. :lol:

17. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

If you go to the post on his page and take a look you will see that she took the opportunity to plug her band and also to say "Vik guitars are very well made. Love the heavy tone, wood finish, the fret board. I'm not a pro guitar player. I'm a Bass Player. But I play guitar when I'm writing. Thanks @Vikguitars" so that leads me to believe that she didnt take it seriously and also that she enjoyed her experience with him and his guitars

18. Cloudy

Cloudy Pacific Wood Lab

Was this before or after he changed what the pictures caption was? It was only up for about an hour before he took the DP joke down.

19. TIBrent

TIBrent Drop Z regular

Fair enough bud...I've got nothing to gain by defending him whether friend or otherwise, so I am not going to do that anymore. I get that it comes off that way & it is pretty hard to take it any other way, but that wasn't my goal honestly. Anyhow, I BELIEVE Eric got his guitar & is trying to jump on the list for another run....I believe. I know we spoke about one sso member who was waiting for awhile & getting pretty verbal about his dislike for the situation but that got his guitar & loved it so much he is trying to drop on another run. If I hear anymore I will let you know bud :)

20. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

The Vik supporters remind me of that scene in Something About Mary where Pat says, "I work with retards," and then Mary says, "Isn't that a little politically incorrect?" And then
    Pat says, "Yeah, maybe, but hell, no one's gonna tell me who I can and can't work with." :lol:
    They just can't see what Vik is doing is wrong, and they totally misunderstand why everyone is disturbed by it.