Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
its not listed for sale anymore on his site or advertised as such on instagram. one would assume its been sold based on those facts. hope he actually pays you fred.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Wait, you have to wait until the guitar sells to get your money back? As in this is what Vik told you?

You can safely assume the same guy who posts pictures of his hotrod and his lifestyle on his business instagram also doesn't carry the funds required to refund customers in full when things go south :lol:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, you have to wait until the guitar sells to get your money back? As in this is what Vik told you?
I like the idea that he had a finished guitar sitting around for a year before it occurred to him that it might be worth letting the customer know this.

Yeah, Vik just set out to ne paid twice for this guitar. Given his track record, I doubt he's gonna let go of that money once the guitar sells. I hope for Fred's sake that he does return the money, but I have serious doubts.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Serious question: can people take these legitimate complaints to the BBB and wouldn't they have to investigate him and and pursue legal action? Or would one party need to pursue legal action even though he's scamming and robbing people from the comfort of the US?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Serious question: can people take these legitimate complaints to the BBB and wouldn't they have to investigate him and and pursue legal action? Or would one party need to pursue legal action even though he's scamming and robbing people from the comfort of the US?

I don't know what folks think the BBB is, it's just Yelp but less helpful.

They offer paid mediation services for a fee, but they by no means have the power to do anything other than adjust their own dubious rankings.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score

They offer paid mediation services for a fee, but they by no means have the power to do anything other than adjust their own dubious rankings.
Fair enough, I legitimately didn't know. I (naively) thought that they would be an oversight body that could do anything when a business is pulling shady shit like Vik does.

Maybe someone can just steal his designs and execute them better and then tell him to piss off if he threatens to sue. I'm only half kidding, even if it does seem childish.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
Fair enough, I legitimately didn't know. I (naively) thought that they would be an oversight body that could do anything when a business is pulling shady shit like Vik does.

Maybe someone can just steal his designs and execute them better and then tell him to piss off if he threatens to sue. I'm only half kidding, even if it does seem childish.
I'd rather someone flood the market with aliexpress clones of his guitars, but just change the logo to Dik.

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score

What don't the first hand victims report him and his business to USCIS? He is not a citizen afaik Many legal immigrants are terrified of minor traffic tickets ruining their applications. How a known fraud can get a green card is beyond me.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, he ACTUALLY has a Patreon? Disgusting, fuck me.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
It's mind boggling.

And he just posts pics of builds that any actual builder would just put on social media.
Well, this is just a "who is more the fool" sort of thing. It's one thing to give money to someone for a guitar, and not get said guitar. It's entirely something else to pay someone for banal photos of them doing their normal job, and actually get said photos. If there are people dumb enough to sign up for his patreon, then that's on them.