Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
my mossberg has a very nice walnut stock

seriously though, its only a matter of time before someone pays a visit to vik in person, i 100% would have once he came to the states had i remained in the same position as others.

Giest

Never a tune you can dance to.
Contributor
Reaction score
my mossberg has a very nice walnut stock

seriously though, its only a matter of time before someone pays a visit to vik in person, i 100% would have once he came to the states had i remained in the same position as others.

Pipe down, yankee. This is the one website I come to which isn't overrun by FBI and LARPtards so don't ruin it for me.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
BRJ scammed way more people and it proved how little people will actually rally and take matters into their own hands. Someone hired a detective after years after the dust settled to confirm that the warehouse was abandoned with various parts, woods, and builds left behind.

Then in 2018 or 2019 BRJ showed up at NAMM and people just commented about how ridiculous that was and no one did anything.

The only person to take Vik for what he owes him has the means to pursue something that and the other had a shortlived smear campaign/tiktok spectacle that clearly had no effect since people are still giving Vik money.

It doesn't mean he won't scam some crazy mother fucker eventually, but he clearly hasn't yet :lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The best/worst was when someone asked me for my opinion on Vik and I went through the whole spiel, and said I really recommend not giving him any money, both for your own safety and because giving him money is what gives him the ability to not finish outstanding orders for other people. But then he ordered. And then he got scammed. There's a lot of "oh, but it won't happen to me" mentality.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I started following Vik on instagram and seems hes still selling guitars. They look pretty sick, but do they actually exist for sale?

Also I love guns and guitars and own multiple of both.

AwesomeJohn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I will be getting my money back no problem. Its really just the situation that upsets me the most. This dude straight plays the victim every single time I would ask what's going on. He literally told me he would give me back my money but would charge me a 60% restocking fee even though he was already months over the due date lol. He is 100% delusional on how business works and I guess he's confused on how America works. However under closer examination it appears he sells guitars to the same people over and over again. I am sure he will sell my guitar to the highest bidder and make 10K off it, then go out and scam someone else.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I managed to get my money back but it seemed I lucked out in that I'm american and he was applying for a green card at the time. One documented theft from an american for several thousand showing up on file during that process could have really mucked that up. But now that he's in the US, I really think you'll have a hard time doing anything about it unless you paid by credit card.

Custom guitars are in this unfortunate zone of being expensive enough to really hurt, but not quite at the level where getting courts involved makes a ton of sense.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I managed to get my money back but it seemed I lucked out in that I'm american and he was applying for a green card at the time. One documented theft from an american for several thousand showing up on file during that process could have really mucked that up. But now that he's in the US, I really think you'll have a hard time doing anything about it unless you paid by credit card.

Custom guitars are in this unfortunate zone of being expensive enough to really hurt, but not quite at the level where getting courts involved makes a ton of sense.

Should have filed anyway and just said oops, deal with the Fed :lol:

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
That is my guitar for sale, but it IS brand new. Reason for that is that I never got it sent to me then - apparently I was supposed to proactively provide some shipping information without any formal communication of the guitar being ready for shipping, so due to said communication mishap it is for sale as I basically don't want it any more. I would have been useful when I recorded Transcendence in... 2014.

So yes, it is a new guitar. Not for the reasons it should, but here we are - I'll be refunded for what I paid for it and move on knowing I provided a luthier with a 10 year interest free loan. :rofl:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
That is my guitar for sale, but it IS brand new. Reason for that is that I never got it sent to me then - apparently I was supposed to proactively provide some shipping information without any formal communication of the guitar being ready for shipping, so due to said communication mishap it is for sale as I basically don't want it any more. I would have been useful when I recorded Transcendence in... 2014.

So yes, it is a new guitar. Not for the reasons it should, but here we are - I'll be refunded for what I paid for it and move on knowing I provided a luthier with a 10 year interest free loan. :rofl:
That's... even worse.
I'm sorry you have to go through all that. This goes to everyone that's been scammed. God I hate this guy.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
That's... even worse.
I'm sorry you have to go through all that. This goes to everyone that's been scammed. God I hate this guy.
I won't lie - after the numerous delays and the virtual absense of communication throughout the years, things did reach a stage where I was simply convinced I had basically donated money to Vik and would have basically nothing to show for it.

I was actually quite pleased to know that the guitar had finally been completed, or was supposed to be close to that, and all of a sudden... nothing. Until close to NAMM, when he asked me if I was going (I wasn't) and he asked me how I wanted the guitar sent to me then, because it had been just sitting there since last year. I was very confused to say the least, but should that thing sell I'll at least get my money back, supposedly. At this point, whatever comes miitigates the loss I suppose. :shrug:

Albake21

"Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."
Reaction score
I won't lie - after the numerous delays and the virtual absense of communication throughout the years, things did reach a stage where I was simply convinced I had basically donated money to Vik and would have basically nothing to show for it.

I was actually quite pleased to know that the guitar had finally been completed, or was supposed to be close to that, and all of a sudden... nothing. Until close to NAMM, when he asked me if I was going (I wasn't) and he asked me how I wanted the guitar sent to me then, because it had been just sitting there since last year. I was very confused to say the least, but should that thing sell I'll at least get my money back, supposedly. At this point, whatever comes miitigates the loss I suppose. :shrug:
Wait, you have to wait until the guitar sells to get your money back? As in this is what Vik told you?