Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by JP Universe, Dec 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Are you delusional too? The dude was stealing money from Misha and not delivering. Then started to actually black mail Misha with the money/guitar. You're telling me you're just going to sit there and do nothing? I'd pester the shit out the dude until I got my money or a guitar. Hell I'd fuckling book a flight and sit outside of his house until I got my stuff. I understand Misha not wanting to associate with him and not wanting to get involved in any press. Like you said, Misha had a lot of pull at the time, just because you have pull, doesn't mean it's always good pull. If this was a normal transaction, then absolutely Misha was going too far, but after what Dik did, wow.... just wow... I can't believe this is even debatable.

Animus likes this.
  2. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

First off, I'd implore you to re-read anything I wrote because you clearly didn't read much of it or misinterpreted parts of what I said.

I literally said,
    1) Wow, Misha sure invested a lot of time in this conversation
    2) He has a massive platform and followers
    3) If I were in his shoes, I would have told him I do not want to associate with him,
    .) Ask him for a deadline for the delivery of my guitar, or the money whichever he intends on delivering
    .) Once that's confirmed, drop the conversation until the agreed upon day
    4) Hold him to that, and the very next day post deadline if I don't have my guitar or my money, blast him wide open on all platforms

How you somehow took all of the above, and understood "sit there and do nothing" is beyond me. But just in case, if you misunderstood any of what I said, fair enough I won't hold anything against you, if you did then you are completely missing the point. He spent hours texting Vik, begging him for a guitar or his money, I'd understand if it were you or me for sure because we're just no name people who play guitar on an infinitely niche forum.

Say it once, be concise, lay out your terms, and put the ball in his court then execute if he doesn't comply with what you want. You learn to value your own sanity and time eventually, and as tough as it is to say that you'd take a road trip and threaten left and right, no one ever fucking does it when they're on the shit end of the stick. If you or I get screwed and talk about it, maybe 20 guys on the forum will find out about it before it gets buried, how many people do you think would have known if Misha publicly denounced Vik for screwing him over?

My entire point, was that Misha is and was massively popular. The fact that he didn't weaponize his platform and threaten to publicly drag Vik for screwing HIM personally is shocking, he would have forced Vik's hand with much less time commitment and stress. Or he would have publicly tarnished Vik's name and business, and probably saved dozens of random dudes from being hostage to this prick.

One thing I will say though, when I used "Delusional" that was about Vik, not Misha. I thought that was pretty clear. He was defending his hate and holding the same views even confronted by a "friend" and someone who he valued on some level.

AxeHappy likes this.
  3. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

My response was from the viewpoint of Misha's, in which he wanted to keep it disclosed for the sake of not wanting to deal with Vik. Personally, I understand that viewpoint of not wanting to weaponizing it. Instead, just getting my money/guitar and getting out.

When I questioned doing nothing, I meant within the limits of the facebook chat, referring to my original post about how Misha handled it.

Regardless, Misha handled it how he handled it. Personally, I view it as him looking at the situation from a business standpoint. The idea that it would be better to protect his brand and just not deal with it all together, but that's just my speculation at the end of the day.

Maybe I misunderstood, maybe I just disagree, I don't know dude I'm just an idiot guitar player who hates Vik.

Animus likes this.
  4. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

That's the thing though, Misha basically spent like 60% of that chat scolding the asshole for being an asshole, as if it was business advice. I don't spend time yelling at my team/suppliers when they say or do dumb shit. I just tell them to go fix it by a certain time and not come back to me till then.

At the end of the day, regardless of how I think Misha handled it... this. :lol: Vik is just a criminal that is yet to be convicted.

AxeHappy and Jonathan20022 like this.
  5. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I’m still in shock Misha was able to speak to him like that and get such prompt replies. Myself and many others had to tip toe around Vik and triple check the wording of our emails so we didn’t get on the wrong side of him. A lot of people wanted to get a refund for their builds when that happened but word got out he was refusing a customer and that Misha himself was in danger of not getting a refund so we all decided against it.

6. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Vik is a monumental piece of shit and a scammer, no question about it. In general, I don't disagree with Misha's general approach of endorsements and trying to capitalize on his fame, whatever that might be, and trying to explore other avenues of making money. The music business is tough and this is the new model of how most of them work. I don't even disagree with him trying to get his money back for this guitar.

I don't even mind Misha branded products, as long as there have been proven to be quality, I just don't understand why people are so quick to defend him in a personal level. I read the whole exchange that was as mentioned 100 times more than required. What I read didn't paint a good picture of Misha as a person. He focus was getting the guitar initially, not the money as you would expect someone that does not support the views and ideology Vik has. After it was obvious he was not getting the guitar he then requested a refund. He also made it quite clear he would not have minded doing business if he apologized and kept his views to himself. So it was not a moral issue he had, or it might have been but it was waaaaaay down in his priorities, but mostly an image issue. But then when the dust settled and he was getting his refund it was all "Vik is homophobe and I'm distancing myself from his hateful views and ideas". If that is not hypocrisy then what is? That was the only correct point Vik made in that whole exchange.

Nolly on the other hand immediatly dsitanced himself regardless of the personal cost. That is a response who values morality more than cash.

7. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

Lol, goodness me. Vik seems kinda retarded, but the two of them are like two children with all the squabbling. All the petty back and forth point scoring, Jees.

8. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

It's a rare personality type out there, but it exists: The person who will do anything to take someone else down a peg, even if it takes themselves down several pegs in the process.

But this might be the first time I've been aware of the kind of person to publicly post a chat conversation defending his publicly stated negative views about other people, within which they vehemently state that they are not the kind of person to publicly post negative things about another person. That's like confusion inception.

9. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

You ever seen "I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson" on Netflix? The common theme amongst the sketches is that the guy has to be right, at the expense of looking like a complete and absurd jackass. Vik would fit right in, hahaha.

10. Animus

Animus SS.org Regular

I see absolutely nothing wrong with Misha’s actions or reactions on that correspondence. You can second guess him but this was 2014. Misha has a lot more fame and power now then he did then. Let’s not redirect the ire to none other than the piece of shit that is Vik. He will get what is coming to him.

Alberto7 likes this.
  11. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

Confirmation that Carvin/Kiesel was going to build guitars for Vik? That would have been cool. Oh well :lol:

12. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I’ve a heard a few contradictory things but Carvin had a USA line planned. Jeff was quick to distance himself from Vik soon as he made those posts and that was the end of their partnership.

Carvin were also prototyping guitars for Tosin but they didn’t go past that.

wannabguitarist likes this.
  13. Animus

Animus SS.org Regular

There is some distributor in Japan that is selling Vik’s guitars under his “Envoy” line; of course a ploy to distance himself from his past.

Vik is being currently being sued in civil court by several people. And possible criminal and tax fraud proceedings. The FBI, IRS and State Attorney Generals have been made aware of his shenanigans. And there are a lot of other things in the works I can assure everyone of.

You can all do your part and spread all this all around social media and the internet. Let’s warn everyone about the crook that is Vik.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  14. -Nolly-

-Nolly- SS.org Regular

Wow, I've not followed anything to do with Vik for many years, I'm really incensed to read what he has been up to, I'm so sorry to everyone who's been ripped off.
    I see he's given me light treatment on his website, though he's omitting all parts of the story where he threatened, used bullying tactics and attempted to blackmail, all for nonsensical reasons.

Hollowway, StevenC, Xaeldaren and 9 others like this.
  15. CanserDYI

CanserDYI Beauty can't be seen through the eyes

I personally found it pretty funny that he posted his conversation with Misha on his site as if it painted him in a good light, gave me a good chuckle.