Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by JP Universe, Dec 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

That's crazy. And this is the most uniquely and consistently Vik thing I can see in the whole shitstorm:

"I got the money ready. But I will first have to decide how I’m going to punish you for the lies you said about me"

He said similar shit to me. Like speaking out about the situation justifies some form of retaliation.

2. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Oh yeah I've read this conversation before, it's such a great read. He was always really good at deflecting things and then just playing the victim to turn it around on the customer. Misha handled that conversation so perfectly. I never understood why he would post it on his own site though.. The dude is seriously delusional.

AxeHappy, StevenC and Animus like this.
  3. Animus

Animus SS.org Regular

Memorialized in pdf form for when it’s deleted.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    AxeHappy, ikarus, Alberto7 and 4 others like this.
  4. Animus

Animus SS.org Regular

I was shocked on the sheer length of that convo. Misha has the patience of a saint and came out looking great. I had similar conversations with Dik. I think his days are numbered.

AxeHappy and BlackMastodon like this.
  5. Animus

Animus SS.org Regular

yeah for sure. I was definitely confused how this was live on his website. I had just casually browsed there, since I had heard he had put up a Store, and saw it. I didn’t know what I was reading at first then my jaw dropped. Lol

AxeHappy likes this.
  6. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

I remember that from when all this went down. Vik posted it to try to make it look like Misha had his morals for sale. At the time there was a bit of talk here about Misha not saying anything, since we all knew he was involved with Vik and I think the Nolly breakup had already happened.

AxeHappy, Lorcan Ward and Albake21 like this.
  7. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Oh wow, that must have been amazing to read without context haha

Animus likes this.
  8. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

So many things Vik said aged like milk :lol:

Why would be put up a conversation where he looks really bad...

9. Animus

Animus SS.org Regular

The guy really needs to seek mental help.

10. StevenC

Because Vik has a personality disorder and doesn't realise he looks really bad.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  11. Animus

Animus SS.org Regular

Yeah for sure. When someone is holding your money hostage and blackmailing you I can totally understand. I mean, I have been silent for years in the vain hope of getting a guitar or my money back. It’s been clear none of that will happen. Vik is a crook and a sociopath.

AxeHappy likes this.
  12. StevenC

Yeah, let's not kid ourselves, Viks cost a lot of money and people on this forum had a lot of money in Vik's account at the time. I can't blame them for trying not to lose that money entirely. I think Vik saw the chatter here and figured he could make Misha look bad in the whole thing but it backfired spectacularly because Vik is not a shrewd person in any aspect.

AxeHappy and Animus like this.
  13. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

It's honestly astounding how anyone can be that delusional but then again, someone that was on that same level was president last year.

This guy is so fucked up that he posted that entire conversation thinking that HE was the good guy and MISHA looked bad?? I lost count of how many times he contradicts himself or falsely accused Misha of doing something, and then did it or said he'd do it like 5 minutes later.

What a tool, I hope y'all can sue him for everything he's got. I feel bad for his kids.

AxeHappy likes this.
  14. foreright

foreright SS.org Regular

I don’t think anyone comes out of that exchange looking good. The old adage “don’t argue with idiots, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience” applies. Misha has a lot more patience than I do that’s for sure!

Jonathan20022 likes this.
  15. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Vik is a monumental piece of shit and there's no denying who's the bad guy but that doesn't take away from the fact that Misha is a salesman first and that was his focus. The fact he didn't immediately ask for a refund and insisted of getting the guitar kind of proves Dik's point in a perverted way, plus the fact that he was more focused about his personal brand being hurt from his association with Vik was the kicker for me. That and his marketing of supbar products until he made the Horizon devices brand.

Just to make myself clear, I'm not questioning his insistence for a refund. More the fact that he was trying to still get the guitar that he would most probably have sold for a big profit. Very morally conscious about the rights of gay people indeed! Not that it is against the law or anything but let's not pretend the guy has a shred of integrity or he took a moral high ground in this matter.

thrsher and AboutBlank like this.
  16. ramses

ramses Guitar/pizza regular

This is insane! How can he believe this helps him? Almost immediately it becomes clear that he is a dishonest asshole.

Whoa! I truly dodged a bullet when I decided not to be part of the "dualtiy run" (after he tried to convince me to join it).

AxeHappy likes this.
  17. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

To be fair, I disagree wholeheartedly. And I don't say this implying Vik somehow looks better from this convo at all, he's a scammer and a homophobe and if anything this just solidifies it in concrete. First point is his time, that is a lengthy conversation holy fuck. You couldn't convince me to sit there and reason with someone who is opposite my own beliefs for longer than maybe a few minutes. You say your piece, and if the other side is that much of a brick wall, just move the fuck on.

Second point is that of ALL people, and over only $1400, Misha should have literally said his spiel about not wanting to associate his brand with Vik after the controversy. Then ask when he would get his money back, dip out and not waste another word with the guy. 2014 Misha had major pull and a lot of eyes on whatever he did or said, if ANYONE could have tarnished and blown wide open Vik's practices it was him.

It's not like he had a significant amount of money in the guitar in the first place like I mentioned. At that point in his shoes I would have prepped a statement, and 7am Saturday morning blasted it out to the fanbase + talked to the press about him holding the product and money hostage after not delivering on the initial order in the first place.

The delusion is clear from the get go, and you're not going to change his mind nor his beliefs. So why bother?

You can look at the ProTone Pedals situations in a number of ways, and I think all parties involved learned their lessons.

1) Artists will always chase any monetary opportunity because they simply don't make enough money to sustain themselves off of their music alone. This will always be true, there are exceptions where people will refuse collaborations, on the average will be consistent.

2) Misha should have done more research on the brand/components, and when the pedals were taken apart by the community and discovered to be cheaply made overpriced crap, dipped. There were a ton of iterations and it felt in poor taste how everything was marketed as the new and true path to Bulb's actual tone. Horizon Devices feels far more legitimate, partnering with a legitimate company building high quality products resulted in the success they have now.

But yeah I can understand how you'd view any artist who just takes multiple collaborations as a "for hire" walking billboard. I think it's more intricate than that, considering most artists wouldn't pass on an opportunity for money, or free/discounted gear. He paid for a guitar, and didn't get it in the time frame promised, was put into an awkward situation by Vik's public opinions and wanted to recoup something. It's not like he would have taken the guitar and played it on stage afterwards, that would have been incredibly hypocritical.

He even went out of his way to censor the Vik logo from the guitar in their studio making of vids after this situation. I would have personally just removed the guitar from the rack prior to filming, but maybe there were some feelings of jabbing back at Vik for putting him in that situation who knows :shrug:

upload_2021-10-14_11-47-58.png

18. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

I don't think that log is going anywhere, looks like it was posted in April 2019. If the response hasn't been strong enough to illicit a takedown since then, it won't now. At least, it won't unless ViK still actively monitors the situation here or someone keeps him in the loop of a brewing brouhaha.

It's my first time reading it though, and goddamn. What a sad, delusional man.

19. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

This.

I can't bother with people for that long. Misha just kept egging him on and on about the same shit. That conversation was 100x longer than it needed to be.

If my professional life has taught me anything, it's that I don't have the time or the patience for assholes that don't deserve it, let alone top-tier criminal-type assholes like Dik.

Also, Misha could have indeed saved a lot of people a lot of money and trouble at that point, though I can kinda understand why he wanted zero association with the dude.

thrsher and Jonathan20022 like this.
  20. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Rinse and repeat. They all do it and they're all bastards for it.

But, yeah, I totally get it.