Vicious Guitars

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by The Lantern, Apr 19, 2019.

1. The Lantern

The Lantern One More Prototype

Hey all,

I've been on the forums here for a minute under another account, Grand Rabbit, but never posted all that much. I made a new introduction thread in Beginners/FAQ if anyone cares to check it out.

Onto the main point: Vicious Guitars. ( I would insert a link but I dont think I have enough posts yet )

From what I've seen, they make bare bones flying V's catering to metal musicians. Only a single pickup, blank boards, matte finishes. Their motto is simplicity and elegance in order to, I presume, keep costs down and focus on manageable details.

What do you guys think about hand builders attempting to strip down the building process and options for the sake of consistency? Just more of the same old same old, or is there something here with this concept in mind?

Also I have not checked out their prices.

Edit: just saw their price starts at $2600 ( yikes )

2. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

https://www.viciousguitars.com/

The one I clicked on looks cool enough. I think Gibson got it right the first time, so every variant of the shape looks slightly off to me; especially the headstock. Prices on everything are quite inflated at this point, so I don’t think they’re too far out there; though it’s tough to ask that for a niche shape, totally bare bones instrument and expect a ton of builds.

The Lantern likes this.
  3. The Lantern

Thanks for sharing the link.
    I like their looks, from a builders perspective they're very clean.

I almost get the sense that this company is an intentionally small operation, probably a one man company.

4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Chronic GAS

I like them if only because they called one of their finishes "golden shower" :lol:

KR250, LiveOVErdrive and dmlinger like this.
  5. The Lantern

I didn't see that xD

seems appropriate for a company catering to a metal crowd.