Very late NGD - BC Rich Walnut Burl Warlock Deluxe

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Rev2010, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

Had this guitar now since May. But hey... it's better that I post this late than the first day when I'm all happy dicked about it and say how awesome it is with ~1 hour use no? :D

Themusicfarm.com has actual pics of my serial number. I got number 11 out of 20 and they take great pictures, better than I would in the crappy lighting in my house so I'm merely posting their pics of it and a weblink to the guitars page which has more detailed pics, though a different serial:

[​IMG]

And here's the weblink so you can see additional pics and more detail:

BC Rich Limited NJ Deluxe Warlock Guitar 1 of 20 (Walnut Burl)

On to the guitar... been using for 4 months now and I am absolutely fucking in LOVE!! Seriously, and just love playing it. It's amazing. The build quality is truly like custom level... and I only paid $715!!! It's insane. The neck is amazingly straight, at first I thought, "Hmm... I might need to adjust the truss on this because it's too flat". Well, no I never needed to. I get no buzz and really nice low action. I've never came across this before.

The look is as amazing as the pics and the sound is fantastic. I swapped the pickups so the EMG 85 is in the bridge. The EMG has grown on me for sure. I still wish it was a tad less compressed sounding and a tad less fizzy. But the fizz can be dialed out with an EQ and I've really found the slightly compressed sound records wonderfully. I guess I can see why EMG's are used by many popular artists. It does seem to ease recording in a sense. But I still prefer my all time favorite Duncan JB over the EMG.

Well, I didn't want to make this too long cause the basic synopsis is I LOVE the fucking thing! It's beautiful (to me, I know it's not for some), and even better it plays like a dream. Ever have that feeling when you put the guitar down after playing and you look at it and feel thankful and just want to hug the fucking thing for being so awesome? Well, that's the feeling I get after playing it each time. Oh, and just for the record I play it tuned down to B with heavier gauge strings.

Now I just need a seven to give me that feeling. I do love my Schecter BlackJack C-7, but unfortunately the thick neck is starting to irritate me. Especially now switching between the 6 and 7 string. I just wish the neck were thinner like a Jackson or Ibanez. Everything else about it though I love. I'm a bit skeptical about having the neck sanded down on the Schecter as others have.

Rev.

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

That is fucking sexy. :agreed:

Rev2010 likes this.
  3. jaretthale78

jaretthale78 7 stringed playa

$715? holy shit man, that shit is rediculous.

4. chucknorrishred

chucknorrishred SS.org Regular

5. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

6. The Somberlain

The Somberlain Hollow Man

7. MrMcSick

MrMcSick Derp

DAYYYYYYYYYYMMMMMMNNNNNNN! that looks sweet. The only thing is the specs on that page says the body is NATO. Usually I've found nato on nothing but the most bottom line guitars. idk.

8. Metastasis

Metastasis Member

sexy guitar, I woudn't mind owning one

9. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

Nato is a type of Mahogany, nothing wrong with it. And the tone is killer.

Rev.

10. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

That's actually not true. The Nato used in guitar construction (Mora Gonggrijpiiis) of the Genus Mora and the Order of Fabales. While Mahogany (and most of it's variations) is of the Genus Swietenia and the Order of Sapindales. That's not a bad thing though, as Nato is not a bad wood to use.

Given the amount of Nato that Korean, Indonesian, and Chinese guitar factories use, I'd be VERY surprised that a lot of the "mahogany" bodied guitars from some of the popular brands around here were actually Nato, as it's become very common for manufacturers and companies to name the woods whatever they want, regardless of what it actually is. The current state of what Ebony is being used and classified is a good example.

I'd have no problem rocking a Nato wood guitar, and the ones I've known to be Nato (looks like B.C. Rich is one of the few honest companies), have sounded pretty damn good, and I'm sure some of the import guitars I've played in the past have been Nato.

I think folks put a little too much into what the broad, general name of the wood is without really looking into what is actually being used. There are dozens of "Rosewoods", "Maples", "Ebonies", "Mahoganies", etc. Sorry, but as one of the things that seems to be the biggest "make it or break it" specs on guitars these days is what body wood they use, I'd think guitarists would see fit to inform themselves of what is actually being used in there instrument and not have wool pulled over their eyes by the companies making the instruments. (That was not aimed at you Rev. Happy NGD!!!!!!!!)

11. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

Yeah it doesn't bother me. In all honesty I've played and owned guitars with many different wood types and never found a big drawback. I even have a cheapo Jackson Kelly made of Indian cedro. Still sounds f'ing killer with good pickups in it. People worry a bit too much about wood types at times.

Rev.

12. simonXsludge

simonXsludge (((Ω)))

i <3 walnut tops!

13. Leuchty

Leuchty Previously CYBERSYN

Fucking WOW.

I :wub: binding.

14. FACTORY

FACTORY Manufacture

Walnut Burl & pearloid binding, love it!

15. Petro1313

Petro1313 wawawewa

I'm not one for warlocks, but this is sexy.

16. jaskasm

jaskasm SS.org Regular

That guitar is so incredibly butt sex. I remember seeing that somewhere too, maybe the bay? Anyway congrats, thats a sick nasty guitar.

17. thefpb2

thefpb2 SS.org Regular

The only warlock in my opinion, use it in good health man :hbang:

18. Forced Chaos

Forced Chaos Well-Known Member

I have the Deluxe Jr. V and these new BCR imports are fucking killer. Def my fav guitar and the quality is unreal. I'm gonna rip out the EMG's for a set of Bare Knuckle Painkillers but that's just something that I want to do out of preference...nothing wrong with the EMG's. I bought mine through the Music Farm also as a B stock model and if I told you how much I paid for it you would shit yourself it was so cheap. All top knotch hardware too....these guitars are really hard to beat for the $$$. Personally I love the Warlock and want to pick up one of those in the future whether it be that one or the basic black. Yours is sweet though man....nice buy.

19. ThorSilhouette

ThorSilhouette SS.org Regular

that is sick. anything "burl" is really appealing to me. it just looks sweet!

20. xiphoscesar

xiphoscesar SS.org Regular

i want camera pics