US Political Discussion: Trump Administration Edition (Rules in OP)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

So, what if: Trump is impeached, and a handfull of Senate republicans break from the party line, and we end up with 65 or 66 votes to remove him, just shy of the 67 required, Trump declares victory and galvanizes his base again with talk of being cleared. Then, in 2020, because of all the crazy EC BS and gerrymandering, Trump wins the EC again but loses the popular vote again, say by an even bigger margin that 2016... Trump will be president and will basically be invincible, yet the American people will be pissed. It's not really an unlikely scenario when you think about it. But what might happen after those events?

2. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

3. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

In conclusion: stupid outdated Constitution needs to be torn up and fukken shredded as a perversion of Democracy and the People's Will

This is all because the system is irreparably broken

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I'm conflicted.

To put it bluntly, he is a monster. A cold blooded, indiscriminate killer.

But he's also mostly a product of the system and circumstances this country has created over the last two decades and more.

He deserves to be kicked out of the armed forces and really should have served more time. He only got off the murder charge because the chief witness perjured themselves at the last minute.

This level of interference with the operations of the armed forces is bullshit, and you can't tell me this has nothing to do with the GOP treating Lt. Col. Vindman like shit.

On the ground, this is a huge propaganda win for our enemies, and will likely lead to more brutal treatment of our forces and allies on the battlefield.

allheavymusic likes this.
  5. MatiasTolkki

MatiasTolkki Burn In Agony

Excuse me, I dont have either the left or right media bias of Faux news or NPCNN in my face 24 hours a day.

I can provide PLENTY of evidence to support my claims, they are in Japanese. that doesnt make them any less relevant to why I stand by Trump.

6. MatiasTolkki

Wrong, I dont use reddit and I dont know people who use reddit. Again, when you assume, you make an Ass out of U and Me. The term god emperor is a mainstream internet term at this point, regardless of where it originally started. I didnt even know people were calling him that until I saw Sargon of akkad and Styxhexenhammer use it.

You using that same line of "not definitive" that everyone seems to like to use. Why not ask why Shitlery received MASSIVE donations from firms DIRECTLY connected to russia and Ukraine. Also the same organization that falsified the Dossier that everyone throws around as "the smoking gun" as to trump's guilt? You question me and these sorts of things yet you never bother to look into it yourself. Puzzling.

No, my points on the TPP are NOT irrelevant. The fact of the matter is, in my first comment, I stated that I was against the TPP because it would have gotten rid of my national health care, which was the deciding issue on whether to support trump or not. Doesnt matter about the tertiary issues; thats all that mattered to me.

7. MatiasTolkki

Except the transcript of the call was released, and he had NO QUID PRO QUO, hell even all of the democrat witnesses have said it was just their assumptions that they didnt have proof for.

8. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Not left or right media bias. Japanese media bias.

Randy, StevenC and spudmunkey like this.
  9. MaxOfMetal

That is inaccurate.

A prepared summary, called a “memorandum”, of the call in question was released, but not an actual transcript.

The only full transcripts we've seen have been from calls months prior.

cwhitey2, tedtan and spudmunkey like this.
  10. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Democratic witnesses? Most of them ARE CURRENTLY in the Trump administration.

cwhitey2, tedtan, vilk and 3 others like this.
  11. allheavymusic

allheavymusic SS.org Regular

When someone mentioned the presidential pardons earlier, all the news articles described Gallagher as was a guy who posed with a debt body. Disgusting but not utterly reprehensible. To clarify, he has allegedly: strangled/stabbed POWs to death, shot a young girl out of a group of young girls, shot an unarmed old man, taking random shots at buildings, "indiscriminately spraying neighborhoods with rockets and machine gun fire with no known enemy force in the region", threatening to kill SEALs who reported him, and by his own dubious testimony, killing 3 people per day over 80 days. That's all from wikipedia. To me it seems like an example of the extremely rare individuals who naturally love violence and are disproportionately selected for and rewarded by the military/police.

Truly insane. But it's not the first case and it's likely he got convicted for threatening fellow SEALs and flaunting rules, not necessarily because of all the civilian killings. Just another reminder that we have to stop the ongoing conflicts the US is involved in. I hate to sink to the lowest level of political discourse, referencing 1984, but it really is a 1984 situation. Constant, meaningless, opaque, insane low-level ongoing conflict perpetuated to justify anything and everything from a surveillance state to regime changes to black sites to outright murder.

US foreign policy is horrific. I hate the feeling of powerlessness that goes along with it. The DNC debate drove it home even harder for me. The vast majority of candidates will not do anything about it because they know it's political suicide to actually end wars. Some lowlights include Warren's baffling response about more people in the military and Harris's partisan "I'll do whatever Trump doesn't do" response about restoring military demonstrations in South Korea. Obviously I'm biased, but the only small ray of anything akin to hope was Sanders saying he'd pull out of Afghanistan, back off of supporting the Saudis, and rethink the War on Terror. It's bonkers that those are radical stances relative to the mass line of the US political system.

12. Politics of Ecstasy

Politics of Ecstasy OG Shredder

Here’s my quick 2 cents (with my slight libertarianesque conservatism)
    1) trump won’t get impeached
    2) no democrat can beat him as of yet
    3) as much as no one likes him, he probably didn’t do anything criminal (partially because his sentences, statements, fragments, and rants are so hard to understand because he breaks thought and breaks his sentence with it so its ambiguous, everything he says is ambiguous, thats his trick)
    4) with that said, he cant make a quid pro quo, grammatically, so if it was inferred or implied, it just isnt a fact
    5) you guys know foreign leaders do stuff like this all the time?
    6) if they are investigating trump, and they left crooked Hillary (she’s a war criminal) alone, then its only fair Biden gets investigated too as BIDEN definitely showed more evidence of a quid pro quo than trump
    7) this might have been trumps way of getting rid of Biden, the only real threat to his next election
    8) trump wins again, in the weirdest, roundabout, nonsense way
    9) what Hillary and Obama got away with, like Benghazi, and Iran, and all the other back door, back channel deals that went wrong and were caught, imagine what they were really doing with what they didnt get caught
    10)Trump May be a horrible person, but hes definitely not as bad of a president in certain ways; other ways, his human side ruins the good

For the record, I may be on the right, but I’m not a trump supporter. While he’s done some good, no one allowed him to really work, just like Obama when he came in....good things were started, nothing was actually done

I advocate bipartisanship, i think the country need to talk until people understand each area needs its own governance; which is why it goes from Federal>state>county>municipality and the less Federal government involvement the better. Too bad there is no republican that can go against trump

And to be completely honest: We should’ve never been in the Middle East, that’s where all the problems start and end, and were like 15 hours away by plane and ocean. So even if pulling out our guys means turkey and Syria and Kurds go at it, they were gonna go an it anyway, like they have been for 5000 years.....its an OLD problem so we have no business in the Middle East

Where should US foreign policy be refocused: aid and development in africa, and setting up new trade lines with Asia and Europe. Things are changing in the east, in so many places and ways, too many to put here

But anyway, i think wherever diplomacy and democracy has failed a republic, and there is no leadership in place, we get out......we dont try to build....and next time someone has WMD’s lets google earth it ourselves before we let the president go back to the Middle East for something else (more oil)

Its all about an energy scramble now......who in the east will control the oil and water and gas pipelines....Russia? Iran? Turkey? Etc

So I’m not sure where else other people are, but I just hope a democratic candidate with a real plan emerges....

13. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

I will support anyone who seriously advocates turning Saudi Arabia into a parking lot and ditching Israel to its doom.

These two twisted regimes have been stirring shit in the Middle East for half a century and only exist due to American support. They are the two real reasons the whole region is in perpetual shithole mode.

A middle east pullout should start with righting these two wrongs.

vilk and allheavymusic like this.
  14. possumkiller

possumkiller SS.org Regular

The Christian Republicans will never abandon the Israelites to those godless Muslims. They are God's chosen people. If they suck Israel's dick sweetly enough, God might give them better seats in heaven.

15. vilk

vilk Very Regular

Imagine being born after 9/11 and going to school and learning about the wars we're in.

How did the War on Terror start?
    Saudi Arabia funded the 9/11 terror attack.
    So we attacked Saudi Arabia?
    No, we attacked Afghanistan.
    Why did we attack them if all the terrorists were Saudi?
    Well a couple of them knew this guy in Afghanistan.
    So then why are the soldiers in Iraq?
    Colon Powell was compelled to lie about connections between Saddam Hussein and a terrorist, so we thought he had weapons of mass destruction.
    Did we destroy the weapons?
    No, they didn't have any. And we found out Saddam didn't know that guy anyway.
    So then we left?
    No we had to stay and fix the country we destroyed.
    So it's fixed now?
    No...

I feel like short of straight up writing propaganda lies in textbooks, people who are becoming old enough to vote are going to see this for what it is: Rich people enriching themselves through the military industrial complex, unjust wars started for fake reasons killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people. You know, the same way we look at Vietnam.

16. MaxOfMetal

*Implying this is even mentioned in passing in American schools.*

Vyn, allheavymusic, StevenC and 3 others like this.
  17. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Not sure if unintentionally hilarious or not...

Adieu likes this.
  18. vilk

vilk Very Regular

You think they don't teach about it? Or do you think they teach a propaganda version of it?

Adieu likes this.
  19. vilk

vilk Very Regular

Everyone knew then and now that the man behind the curtains for it all is Dick Cheney... it's just kinda hard to explain that concisely.

20. MaxOfMetal

Per a few high school teachers I know, the War on Terror is mentioned in the most brief and abstract terms. One who has been teaching since the 80s likens it to the treatment of the Vietnam War: it is a thing that happened/is happening, but the history of, direct causes, and outlook are not discussed.

Adieu and vilk like this.